Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dividing our schedule into 4qtrs and it's difficulty makes me optimistic!!

michael_33

Sept 9=Miami

Sept 17=@Philly

Sept 23=Giants

Oct 7=Lions

---------------------------------------------------

(1- being easiest thru 4- being the toughest)---------------------------------------------------

This is definately a (1)

-----------------------

Not only is this the only qtr of the schedule with 3 of our 4 games at home,but we also have a bye during that period as well....You also have to include the possibilties that Miami is not very settled at QB any more than we are....McNabb may still be fighting off his injury or not totally being honest with his teamates and coaches about his injury with alot of it having to do with the fact the Eagles selected Kolb w/ the 2nd round selection.....

Giants are dealing with no Tiki and a late season arrival by Strahan to add to their list of problems right now....(injury issues and the cutting of Will Demps)....And the Lions just simply don't have a good history against playing the Skins....They normally always lose!

Note:I will be VERY disappointed if we are not a least 3-1 at this point of the season!I will accept a 2-2 record if those 2 wins are against N.Y. and Philly being that we would be 2-0 in the Division and 2-1 in the Conference....IMO...That's the only reason to be happy with a 2-2 record at that point!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 14=@Packers

Oct 21=Arizona

Oct 28=@Patriots

Nov 4=@Jets

IMO....This is a (3) on our schedule difficulty

-------------------------------------------

Most people will have these 4 games as an easier part of the schedule than it should be....But this not only is the only stretch in the qtr where 3 of our 4 games are on the road,but the easiest team (Arizona) is and will be tougher than we expect!The Packers will be better in Favre's final year (imo)and not only is the Skins and Packers matchup always a shootout,but the games is @ Lambeau.....The Jets may be overated in most eyes,but we never play well in N.Y. EVER!I expect this game to be closer than is SHOULD be and we very well could let this game slip away if we are not playing well.....(Patriots)and as much as I would LOVE to win this game,this will be 1 of the 3 toughest games of the year if not the toughest and it's on the road!We do play the Patriots well,but we will definately have to be playing our best ball to knock off the Pats!

Note:If we win 2 of these games,you guys should be VERY happy!Preferably the Packers and Arizona games because of the Conference importance and playoff implications....But don't be suprised if we leave this part of the schedule with 1 win or GOD forbid no wins in this qtr of the Schedule!If we win 3 of these games in this part of the schedule or more....?Mark us down in the Playoffs!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 11=Philly

Nov 18=@Dallas

Nov 25=@Bucs

Dec 2=Bills

This is a (4) on difficulty...(Toughest)

This is the toughest part of our schedule imo!And I'll tell you why?

3 of the 4 games are going to be absolutely brutal and exausting!Philly seems to play us tougher at our house than their own......Playing @ Dallas is absolutely going to be crazy......We all know what happens when the Bucs and Skins go head-to-head and of course this is on the road as well.....and the Bills could have a tough running game with Lynch and Losman gettin more comfortable and the Fact that this game is a Dec 2 game and the Bills play MUCH better late in the season when the weather is much Colder!(the Bills game is not a Gimme game IMO)

Note:It will be very important NOT to collapse in this part of the schedule....3 of those 4 games are crucial for us to make any noise at a Playoff position and winning 1 of them is going to be tough....I think if our fans step up,we can take Philly in our house!Either way...If we win 2 of these games,consider it an accomplishment!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 6=Bears

Dec 16=@Giants

Dec 23=@Vikings

Dec 30=Dallas

This is the (2nd) easiest part of the schedule with the 1st 4 being the easiest!Here is my reasoning behind that!

Rex is going to get killed against us at home....I think we get revenge on the Vikes from last years opening game.....Dallas is going to get smacked and Romo sits to pee is in some serious trouble (if he is even playing by then),but the Giants game will be tough as it always is!

I realize that all 4 of those games are Divisional and Conference foes,but our 2 toughest opponents are at our house and the Vikings might be our easiest road game of the year....The Giants game is the only game I feel most people and myself have an L by the column....But that's why they play the game cause you just never know?

I truly think we win 3 of these 4 games IMO!Call me crazy,but I do!

There's no reason why we can't win 10 games this year,if we are healthy and our defense is back to form...

Is there any reason to believe that Campbell can't at least duplicate the Passing yardage that Mark Brunell provides...I think he may have a few more picks than Brunell would throw,but I also believe he will provide more BIG plays and TD's that Mark would never be able to give us....

In another words....If the game is close like it usually is with our team,I think Campbell gives us a better chance of actully winning by his deep ball and playmaking ability,plus Suisam is the best kicker we have had in a long.....Long......Time!

Michael,

Good work! In a nutshell, I think what this shows is that we must get off to a good start. I think that's true for this team's confidence, as well as for schedule reasons.

IMO, there are two keys to success this year. They are the play of Jason Campbell at QB and the play of the Defense. If Jason and the Defense start fast, then their confidence will build and we can have a good season.

Awesome analogy breaking football down into four quarters. And with any luck we could push this season into overtime (Playoffs).:laugh: I like the Skins chances as well, and your right, that is why they play the game. I think we will knock some of those teams off that no one else gives us a chance to. Like say Michigan getting knocked off at home. New England is so going down.:D

Sept 9=Miami W

Sept 17=@Philly L

Sept 23=Giants W

Oct 7=Lions W

3-1

Oct 14=@Packers W

Oct 21=Arizona L

Oct 28=@Patriots L

Nov 4=@Jets W

2-2

Nov 11=Philly W

Nov 18=@Dallas L

Nov 25=@Bucs W

Dec 2=Bills W

3-1

Dec 6=Bears W

Dec 16=@Giants W

Dec 23=@Vikings W

Dec 30=Dallas W

4-0

Total: 12-4

Call me optimistic but this is what I foresee, revenge against vikings, sweep giants and split eagles/dallas... revenge against bucs...

HAIL - - > BRING ON THE SEASON !!!

Sept 9=Miami W

Sept 17=@Philly W

Sept 23=Giants W

Oct 7=Lions W

4-0

Oct 14=@Packers L

Oct 21=Arizona W

Oct 28=@Patriots L

Nov 4=@Jets W

2-2 / 6-2

Nov 11=Philly L

Nov 18=@Dallas W

Nov 25=@Bucs W

Dec 2=Bills W

3-1 / 9-3

Dec 6=Bears W

Dec 16=@Giants W

Dec 23=@Vikings L

Dec 30=Dallas W

3-1 / 12-4

Superbowl:

Redskins defeat Patriots

Sept 9=Miami W

Sept 17=@Philly L

Sept 23=Giants W

Oct 7=Lions W

3-1

Oct 14=@Packers L

Oct 21=Arizona W

Oct 28=@Patriots L

Nov 4=@Jets L

1-3

Nov 11=Philly W

Nov 18=@Dallas L

Nov 25=@Bucs L

Dec 2=Bills W

2-2

Dec 6=Bears W

Dec 16=@Giants L

Dec 23=@Vikings W

Dec 30=Dallas W

3-1

Total: 9-7

I agree with the 1st 4.

I think Green Bay is a bad team and the Skins will beat them.

I think games 9-12, Philly is going to be tough but we really should beat Tampa.

Last 4, I think we can go to NY and beat the Giants (I think the Giants are a double digit loss team this year) but Chicago is a toughie.

I think 10-6 is certainly doable but the 1st 4 games will tell the tale. We must be 3-1 or better. We can't drop a game at home to the likes of Miami, NY or Detroit.

Sept 9=Miami W

Sept 17=@Philly L

Sept 23=Giants W

Oct 7=Lions W

3-1

Oct 14=@Packers L

Oct 21=Arizona W

Oct 28=@Patriots L

Nov 4=@Jets L

1-3

Nov 11=Philly W

Nov 18=@Dallas L

Nov 25=@Bucs L

Dec 2=Bills W

2-2

Dec 6=Bears W

Dec 16=@Giants L

Dec 23=@Vikings W

Dec 30=Dallas W

3-1

Total: 9-7

I have a question about your analysis. Namely, why do you think we'll lose against the Packers? I think with that one win there, 10-6 will be good enough to win the division. So, why do you think we'll lose to the Packers?

My reasoning for our victory:

• Lambeau Field is really only intimidating in the depths of winter, when it really is a tundra.
  • The Packers Defense isn't all that great. Their secondary is not what it used to be and I think we'll be able to expose their LBs speed with some great stretch plays. We'll use Portis to tire them out and then Betts to drive the nail into their proverbial coffin.
  • Brett Favre has thrown 50 interceptions in the last two years. He does not have the confidence in this WR corps to make plays (he's hinted to this in several interviews I've heard). Consequently, he will feel compelled to carry the game on his shoulders and will try to force the ball.
  • Our defense will win this game. The Packers have a very lackluster RB (Vernand Morency) and I think our D will swallow him up. Again, putting more pressure on Favre to feel the need to make plays by himself.

My :2cents:

The second quarter looks tougher than the third quarter to me.

Sept 9=Miami W

Sept 17=@Philly L

Sept 23=Giants W

Oct 7=Lions W

3-1

Oct 14=@Packers L

Oct 21=Arizona W

Oct 28=@Patriots L

Nov 4=@Jets W

2-2

Nov 11=Philly W

Nov 18=@Dallas L

Nov 25=@Bucs W

Dec 2=Bills W

3-1

Dec 6=Bears L

Dec 16=@Giants L

Dec 23=@Vikings W

Dec 30=Dallas W

2-2

Total: 10-6

I dont know if its going to happen that way exactly, but I think it could. Games like @NY, @GB, vs CHI are all certainly winnable, and theres no reason we couldnt beat philly or dallas on the road either. Then again its not like we never lose games we should win. But I think 10 wins is certainly attainable.

The second quarter looks tougher than the third quarter to me.

Sept 9=Miami W

Sept 17=@Philly L

Sept 23=Giants W

Oct 7=Lions W

3-1

Oct 14=@Packers L

Oct 21=Arizona W

Oct 28=@Patriots L

Nov 4=@Jets W

2-2

Nov 11=Philly W

Nov 18=@Dallas L

Nov 25=@Bucs W

Dec 2=Bills W

3-1

Dec 6=Bears L

Dec 16=@Giants L

Dec 23=@Vikings W

Dec 30=Dallas W

2-2

Total: 10-6

I think I agree with your picks here... a few games are iffy IMO... but like you said 10 wins is very very possible... maybe more if we get a few breaks...

Yeah great Post. I think our first 6 games well tell us alot. If we can take 4 of those 6 and start of 4-2 , we have a chance, 5-1 would be awesome. But if we start off 3-3 , we are in for a tuff season becasue then we get a brutal schedule of the Pats, Jets, Philly and the Cowboys. We could go 1-3 in that stretch in that still might be OK if we start off at least 4-2. Cuz our next 6 games aren't as tuff and we should go 4-2 down that stretch, still though thats a 9-7 record.

But I agree, if Our defense can comeback to our 05' , 04' form and be a top 10 defense and If we can stay health on the OL, then winning 10 games is very possible.

Sept 9=Miami W

Sept 17=@Philly L

Sept 23=Giants W

Oct 7=Lions W

3-1

Oct 14=@Packers W

Oct 21=Arizona L

Oct 28=@Patriots L

Nov 4=@Jets W

2-2

Nov 11=Philly W

Nov 18=@Dallas L

Nov 25=@Bucs W

Dec 2=Bills W

3-1

Dec 6=Bears W

Dec 16=@Giants W

Dec 23=@Vikings W

Dec 30=Dallas W

4-0

Total: 12-4

Call me optimistic but this is what I foresee, revenge against vikings, sweep giants and split eagles/dallas... revenge against bucs...

HAIL - - > BRING ON THE SEASON !!!

Come on. You have us losing to arizona at home? Come on!

13-3. :cheers:

I have a question about your analysis. Namely, why do you think we'll lose against the Packers? I think with that one win there, 10-6 will be good enough to win the division. So, why do you think we'll lose to the Packers?

I just think that after a 3-1 start, the team will get a little complacent and slip up to Farve who will most likely torch the secondary.

I hope I'm wrong though. And Yeah Tampa should be a win, but those ****s play hard EVERYTIME we play them.

I think it is a much different Tampa Team this year. They don't have the dominant D that they were known for a couple years ago, so count on the Skins score being a big one. Also, their O is somewhat in dissaray, so I can't foresee them getting over on a much improved Skins D. Just a feeling.

• 2 months later...

We are now entering the toughest part of the schedule as I wrote on Sept.3...So far so good!

Do you guy's agree now on my early assessment on the toughness of the schedule in 4 QTR's?

If we win 2 games in this part of the schedule as I have written as an accomplishment,then we would be 7-5 going into the final Qtr of the schedule...

I would love to see us at 8-4 or better...We can do this guys....Get those birds!!

We are now entering the toughest part of the schedule as I wrote on Sept.3...So far so good!

Do you guy's agree now on my early assessment on the toughness of the schedule in 4 QTR's?

If we win 2 games in this part of the schedule as I have written as an accomplishment,then we would be 7-5 going into the final Qtr of the schedule...

I would love to see us at 8-4 or better...We can do this guys....Get those birds!!

This thread turned out to be very accurate. Good call on the Jets. The next 3 games are going to be TOUGH. Philly will come to our house ready to play, Dallas on the road is going to be hard as hell, going to Tampa always makes for a good, hard fought game...we better beat the Bills at home.

I think we can go 3-1 during this part of the sched., but it all starts with Philly. We need to contain that offense and our defense looked OK today, but nothing special. We need to keep Westbrook in check, or he'll tear us apart with this "bend don't break" philosophy. Unless our offense finds a way to score TDs, GW needs to can that philosophy because FGs WILL beat us if we don't find a way to score. Overall, a winnable game with homefield advantage, although I hear it's been disappointing lately.

Archived