Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: The final cut; First-hand account of an NFL career coming to a close

Dead Money

Soup's Up,

Before you dig yourself in any deeper---and be advised that based on your history here your chits are just about used up---did you at least read the entire piece before you jumped in for the sole purpose of insulting the man?

I didn't mean it as anything but a joke. I don't think its ban-able material. I've seen worse. besides its only an opinion, these cuts happen every year, Ross was lucky to be in the NFL he should enjoy the time because most players don't even have the shot he has.

For what it's worth, I thought Soup's Up was slightly amusing.

Keep in mind that Ross Tucker spent some time on the Cowboys. ;)

Good luck in your future endeavors Ross, at least you'll be able to enjoy the time that you did spend in the NFL.

at least someone got the pun from my post.

I didn't mean it as anything but a joke. I don't think its ban-able material. I've seen worse. besides its only an opinion' date=' these cuts happen every year, Ross was lucky to be in the NFL he should enjoy the time because most players don't even have the shot he has.[/quote']

I haven't said your initial comment was ban-able. I was hoping to keep you from making a tacky situation worse by continuing down that road in the tone you've pretty much established for yourself around here. There was a humanity in that piece by Tucker it seems you missed, my friend. Sometimes it's about more than Us vs. Them.

at least someone got the pun from my post.

Then perhaps HE can point out the "pun" to me, because I don't see it. If there's a pun in there somewhere, and sharing it with us was in fact the reason for the post, I'll apologize to you and move on.

I haven't said your initial comment was ban-able. I was hoping to keep you from making a tacky situation worse by continuing down that road in the tone you've pretty much established for yourself around here. There was a humanity in that piece by Tucker it seems you missed, my friend. Sometimes it's about more than Us vs. Them.

Then perhaps HE can point out the "pun" to me, because I don't see it. If there's a pun in there somewhere, and sharing it with us was in fact the reason for the post, I'll apologize to you and move on.

It was the sandwich comment. There was mega overuse of the whole Subway/sandwich/lunch device in his story. That in itself made it slightly funny. Then you throw in overweight lineman appetites, priorities between football and food, and the fact that the analogy in the original story was somewhat amusing by itself, and you've got a comment about mayo that made me smirk.

It was the sandwich comment. There was mega overuse of the whole Subway/sandwich/lunch device in his story. That in itself made it slightly funny. Then you throw in overweight lineman appetites, priorities between football and food, and the fact that the analogy in the original story was somewhat amusing by itself, and you've got a comment about mayo that made me smirk.

I saw the exactly same thing... I guess I should stop trying joke around.

I see. So the post wasn't a superficial shot at the player so much as an attempt at humor at his expense based on a food theme. Most amusing indeed. Thanks for clearing that up.

Wasn't a pun though.

I saw the exactly same thing... I guess I should stop trying joke around.

Perhaps. :)

I see. So the post wasn't a superficial shot at the player so much as an attempt at humor at his expense based on a food theme. Most amusing indeed. Thanks for clearing that up.

Wasn't a pun though.

Perhaps. :)

Perhaps, but I just said it was slightly amusing. I think you're just on edge because you heard rumors that Snyder instituted a new cap on the mod roster.

I'm not particularly interested in you or your motives, Soup's-Up. I'm interested in Ross Tucker. What a fabulous read. I have read very few articles as well crafted as that one about any subject, let alone about football. Mr. Tucker, my hat is off to you. I hope you poke around on ES and find this thread, because you should know that, with one exception, we are all very impressed. I agree with you that you are unlikely to have trouble finding employment. I, for one, will look for your name and read everything I can lay hands on.

I have often wondered what the other end of football is like for you guys. Thanks for being willing to let us all know. Best of luck to you, especially with your injury. Thanks for commenting on how hard these calls are for the coaches and staff. That shows a lot of class.

Congratulations on your seven years in the NFL.

Cry-baby. Waaa Waaa' date=' I played in the NFL, WAaa my sandwich has too much mayo. I'd give my anything to play around an NFL team like the skins.[/quote']

I can't believe you read the same article I did. The guy is about as realistic as a man can be when his life's dream and calling are ended prior to his 30th birthday, and he obviously blames nobody, holds no grudges, and embraces the idea of moving on.

I detect no "waaa"

Oh, and BTW... good job to you Ross. Not bad for an undrafted Ivy-leaguer... :applause:

And I thought he did a very good job with his written piece, contrary to what some think. When life changing events happen such as that, it is always the most trivial details that our mind focuses on. It always makes for an interesting account, because it lends a sincere credibility to the article. JMO

Nice read. He writes well. I can only imagine what that must feel like. I played sports in Jr. High and High School and was lucky enough to always make the team each time. I know how I would have felt if I hadn't and I'm sure on the Pro level it must be devastating. Good luck to him in the future perhaps writing will be an avenue for him. I got his auto at the beach blitz this past summer. Nice young man.

Archived