Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Years Wish... Someone beat the snot out of Terrel Owens

prophet

Originally posted by ljer

You know, I'm not defending Owens, but how come when Shockey pulls his antics it's Ok, he's just being competitive.....

I was wondering the same thing. Can you imagine if Owens threw ice at some fans? The media AND the league would be all over him.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I was wondering the same thing. Can you imagine if Owens threw ice at some fans? The media AND the league would be all over him.

I agree. I think some of Owens antics are stupid but I would love to have him here

Originally posted by laurent

Also, go back to that replay and you will see that the Giants player was still in bounds. I'm surprised the announcers didn't catch it...

The play was whistled dead about five seconds earlier. An INT on a conversion attempt and the play ends right then.

Originally posted by ljer

You know, I'm not defending Owens, but how come when Shockey pulls his antics it's Ok, he's just being competitive.....

I hate Shockey the same way I hate Owens.... The only difference is that Owens has been around longer and done a few more idiotic things...

Give Shockey some time... he will be up there.

PS.... both are great players... I just hate their field antics..

I'm sorry, but two 15 yard penalties in a game should warrant ejection. I think it stinks that the Giants player was the only one ejected. I'd like to see 2 personal fouls treated like 2 technical fouls in baskball. You don't get personal fouls by accident. Some on the QB are borderline, but if you get 2 in one game... Of course this was beyond 2 in one game, it was 2 in 2 plays. Oy.

Also, on the last play, why is it that the Giant player was the only one penalized for fighting? It didn't look one sided to me. Forcing the calls to balance out was just the refs having no courage.

Of course, calling the game that way didn't matter. Owens and the Giant defender were not going to get back in the game, and 15 yards doesn't matter if you can't snap the ball back to the holder.

Still, calling the game that way was what let it get out of hand. Shame on the refs and shame on the players.

Archived