Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zimmerman will never vote Monk in HOF

Hauss

-Last year I read a few things why he wasn't going to vote for Art--it obvious that this year his "thinking" hasn't changed. This guy shouldn't even be voting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/dr_z/news/2002/12/27/drz_mailbag/

This is from Zimmerman's mailbafg of 12/27/02

More -- groan -- Hall of Fame rips. Joe of Bridgeport, W.Va., wants to know how I can accuse Art Monk of building a career out of eight-yard hooks when his lifetime average was 13.5 yards per reception. I used the expression figuratively, not literally. Monk was a valuable person in Joe Gibbs' bunch offense, the guy who sat down in the zone and got the Skins a first down. And he did it year after year. I just don't think that's enough of a skill for enshrinement.

What sucks is John Stallworth is in the Hall and I believe every carreer number of his is less than Monk's but because he played for the Steelers at the tail end of their glory years he gets in. Dr. Z is a dick and because of his total lack of football knowledge(read his storys sometimes) should in no way, shape, or form be allowed to vote for the Hall of Fame. :puke:

Someone needs to ask him what in the blue hell qualified Lynn Swann over Art Monk for the HOF. Major disaster there. Yeah Art Monk caught first downs year after year, yet I guess catching passes and holding the record for the most passes caught EVER(until Rice broke it) is not good enough??

Archived