Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone have FIOS in thier area yet? Question about Comcast Sportsnet HD Channel

mcarey032

I just got out from the yoke of Comcast and their overpriced racket. I saw that they do have comcast available as one of their local channels, but I didn't see it as part of their HD package. Does anyone in the NO. VA. have FIOS that has Comcast Sportnet HD.? Thanks

i have FIOS here in Ashburn; but, Comcast Sportnet HD is not on there... they have the regular SD channel... but I did hear that they'll be adding it soon along w/ some other HD channels as soon as the new sattelite is launched...

What would a satellite have to do with fiber optic television?

Forgive me for my lack of information, but isnt Comcast sportsnet part of Comcast? Verizon is a direct competitor and it does not seem to make sense that Comcast would broadcast their HD sportsnet via Verizon FIOS.

Just common sense. Am I missing something?

Direct TV for now but we are a few months away from FIOS.

Verizon and directtv are sorta married to each other you can get a package that features their phone, hi speed internet and direct tv though soon you can switch out direct tv for FIOS in some areas

Direct TV for now but we are a few months away from FIOS.

Verizon and directtv are sorta married to each other you can get a package that features their phone, hi speed internet and direct tv though soon you can switch out direct tv for FIOS in some areas

Dave, is that for all of PG County? Because I'm sick of Comtrash. :doh:

If you don't have comcast HD but have your local HD channels, i.e. 4-5-7-9, Channel 9 shows the game in High Def, i guess they take the feed and run it on that channel. I was concerned about this for the first two games but the first game Channel 7 picked up the NFL HD feed and the second game CBS picked up the CSNHD feed.

Bottom line as long as you have local HD feed you are good to go. As for sports the rest of the year i don't know what to tell you, but a guy from Cox told me they would be adding NFL HD and CSNHD within the next month and a half, just in time for NBA and NHL season!

(Reston/Herndon/Chantilly/Ashburn area experience)

I'll put it to you like this:

- Comcast sucks. Too pricey, internet too slow.

- FiOS makes old tube TV's showing basic network TV look incredible

- FiOS internet is amazingly fast and you NEVER go below the bandwidth that you pay for, even if you watch all your TVs with On demand.

- No they don't have Comcast in HD but I'm almost Positive that its on a regular channel

- Furthermore, as for a poster above, Comcast would rather sell rights to their station and make some money, rather than lose the business to FiOS and make $0

- The quality of the HD channels when using good HDMI/DVI cables with a HDTV on a power conditioner is unparralled.

- Heck, FiOS HD on crappy cables on a lower end HDTV simply plugged into the wall is better than anything else I've seen.

FiOS is better in every way. If you get it installed however, and you get their phone service, request that they do not pull out ANY of YOUR copper phone lines. Thats the only complaint I've heard. Make them leave those in there.

Also, as a side note: No, they don't wire your house with Fiber Optic, only up to your house. Yes, they do re-wire the existing Coax if needed. They'll run speed tests on the existing Coax and if it passes their speed tests, they'll just use that, otherwise, they'll re-run RG6 Coax cable. The reason is: the coax in the house has the bandwith to handle the speed they offer, but, the cable lines running to your house are what is flaky with other companies.

Fast TV and internet to the house + Coax inside that can handle it = The best TV and fastest internet available.

I just got FIOS Internet at my place in Shirlington. It's ungodly fast. Faster than anything I've ever seen.

Also got Directv and they have a great deal for new customers: Every movie channel and every NFL game for $69.95 a month. After the season is over I'll go down to $44.95 a month with no movie channels.

I just made the switch from Comcast to Fios. That is the reason why I made this thread. By the way, if you look at their line up. They do have regular comcast sportnet. They just don't have the HD portion. I was just wondering if they had it and weren't posting the channel on their website, but if you go to the FIOS TV website, you can see that Comcast Sportsnet is on their channel roster, so comcast cable and their channel don't really have anything to do with them being competitors. As stated by a previous poster, it is better to have a channel on the FIOS roster and make some money rather than lose a bunch of money.

Archived