Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

H.B. Blades (merged)

flexxskins

I don't agree with you there. Even though MB has a noodle arm now, He is a super-smart QB who produces some of the fewest turnovers at that position. I would LOVE to have JC learn the smarts of the position from MB, just with the arm strength to stretch the field.

Joe? Is that you?

The Titans starting center is horrible apparently, I didn't see him do anything but get burned last night. But Monty is a BEAST, no denying it. I KNEW our D line would impress, and we did it without Griff!

If it was Kevin Mawe he was considered one of the best in the buisness until he got injured a couple of years ago. I am not sure if he started.

I think he will learn a lot from Fletcher. He appeared slow at times but I feel that that is the difference right with the young Blades and the vet in Fletcher. Blades is still feeling his way and learning and will get there eventually. Fletcher is a tackling machine. He has seen it all. His experience has given him the instincts to attack certain plays and make him the amazing MLB that he is. Blades will develop that experience behind Fletcher and eventually will play with confidence knowing that he has all the tools to be successful.

No doubt that Blades looked good. LFB looked like everyone on the Titans offense stole his lunch money when he was a kid.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed #51 last night. I'm not sure right now who it was, but it might have been Trucks. He was hitting people hard and always being around the ball. He could be good if he would take that explosive ability to hit and wrap up guys a bit also.

Man, I didn't believe it at first, but I can understand now why Gibbs has always said Montgomery is more talented than Golston. Monty eats up the O-line. He's got good leverage, and seemed to hold his gaps very well.

I think Blades did a hell of a job last night. Against the run game he was always in on the play, and did well against passes out in the flats. The only time I really saw him out of position was on a pass play about 10-15 yards out to what I believe was a tight end near the left hash. I think he's going to develop into a solid starter by next season. Seems our drafting isn't too bad. Golston/Monty in 06 and Blades in 07. :cheers:

It's great to see a linebacker with a nose for the football... we haven't had one of those in a long time... just a knack to find the man with the ball and to tackle him with good fundamentals... wrapping up and driving through the runner...

Just great to see...

A definite plus for the night. He has a real nose for the ball and had at least one great special teams hit. He should be on the final roster.

You know what the truly funny part about that is? I thought it was Blades too but believe it or not, Derrick Frost snuck in there and blew up the punt returner and forced the fumble. :laugh: I kid you not.

Let's put the Antonio Pierce free agency departure to bed. Our defense was stout and played a good game from the first team to the backups.

It was nice having Pierce here but a new day has dawned with our MLBs. Rocky played a pretty good game himself.

Blades played very well last night. I am tempering my enthusiasm with the knowledge that he was playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers who will not play much come the regular season. I was pleased when we got him this past Spring. All of our LBs looked good.

So if Blades is as good as he looked last night, where does that leave K. Campbell? How many LBs do we keep on the roster? 6? Some veterans may get cut.

;)

Blades played very well last night. I am tempering my enthusiasm with the knowledge that he was playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers who will not play much come the regular season. I was pleased when we got him this past Spring. All of our LBs looked good.

So if Blades is as good as he looked last night, where does that leave K. Campbell? How many LBs do we keep on the roster? 6? Some veterans may get cut.

;)

Temper if you want, Blades was all over the place and he was very aggressive. Not even the first team could stop the type of motor that that kid has.

What was even more exciting, was the fact that Montgomery was playing with the first team and nearly dominating. I believe that we have our new starting DT lining up next to Griffin ladies and gentlemen.

I liked H.B. Blades last night. I liked Trucks too.

Our starting LBs are going to be monsters for us this year, and I think we have several guys who will provide good backup, as well as being contributors on special teams. Looks like we'll probably have to lose one or two of them by opening day, which will be a shame. They can't put K. Campbell on the practice squad, but Trucks and/or Sartz could, so maybe Campbell will be odd-man-out and the young guys will stay on as practice players.

Fletcher was amazing. Blades looked outstanding for where he is at. Trucks always seemed to be around the ball when he stepped on the field. Sartz made a couple of plays late.

The front seven played well all night, regardless of who was in. The backside of the D did not impress me with all of the supposed talent that is there. The Titans picked apart the corners amd safeties at will. There seemed to be open guys all night that were not always hit by the QBs. The Titans just did not take many shots as they were trying to establish the run and could not.

Titans RB Chris Henry was starting to build momentum with 10 mins left in the 4th quarter when H.B. Blades made his best play of the night. He worked around the D line to his right and when Chris Henry hit the hole so did Blades. Real nice POP and Henry was pushed back.

A definite plus for the night. He has a real nose for the ball and had at least one great special teams hit. He should be on the final roster.

So long as the kid doesn't get hurt this is a no brainer. Williams isn't going to list him as #2 on the depth chart and then cut him. The reality is with consistancy and building off of last night he will actually be the #2. Lamar Marshall showed last season that he should not play MLB EVER. Bad shoulder or not he was horrible last season...again nice to see that we have filled immediate needs with Vets and long term through the draft, I am excited short and long term for this unit.

Archived