Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Smoot on EITM

BALLz

Fred Smoot was on Elliot in the morning this morning. Talked about his time in Minni and how much he hated it and how he was glad to be back. Said he basically went to Minni's FO and begged to be released cuz he wanted to be back in Washington. Soon as his release was confirmed he had his agent contact the Skins. Was shocked when he was here last year for the opener at how many fans we telling him to come back. He'd seen how fans treated other players their first time back and wasn't expecting such a warm welcome. Likes that the team is flying under the radar. When asked if the guys get upset when a rookie holds out he said they they all understand and know that there is a business side too. Said he was gonna let Elliot drive him to a game in his Rolls Royce.

I'm not good at remembering these things so anyone who can add something please do.

Probably will be posted on the website sometime this afternoon if you want to hear it.

It's nice to hear when a player sheds some positive light on his time spent in Washington. Too many times we have heard of players leaving and putting a negative spin on their experiences here.

I'm glad Smoot appreciates the organization and hopefully happiness will translate into inspired play this season.

"Haaaaaaaaaurting" In The Morning...is a weak morning show.

If this thread was about 'whats the better morning show' then you would have a great point.

But its not. Accept it, appreciate the person's effort, and go quote the Junks elsewhere. I love the Junks and dont like Elliot, but if Smoot is on there I would gladly change the dial to here Smoot talk over Cakes talk about his marathons.

If this thread was about 'whats the better morning show' then you would have a great point. But its not.

If this thread was about 'commenting on other member's replies in a public web forum' then you would have a great point. But its not.

The funniest thing I have ever heard on talk radio:

Chad Dukes...of The Junkies...studied Lance Armstrong for about 2 months. His place of residency, children, races that he participated in, favorite things to do, magazine covers that Lance had been on..he studied EVERYTHING about Lance Armstrong. The Junkies, having somebody from their camp pretending to be Lance's PR Rep, scheduled a "One Hour Interview with Lance Armstrong" on the "Elliot in the Morning Show".

So - Chad Dukes, with a scheduled interview with Elliot, called in pretending to be Lance Armstrong...and for about an hour...fielded questions from Elliot...regarding his life, legacy, Tour De France, etc...

It was quite possibly the biggest on-air prank that you could pull on somebody...b/c Elliot had zippy idea.

(I do like when Cooley is on Elliot, however)

Chad Dukes...of The Junkies...studied Lance Armstrong for about 2 months. His place of residency, children, races that he participated in, favorite things to do, magazine covers that Lance had been on..he studied EVERYTHING about Lance Armstrong. The Junkies, having somebody from their camp pretending to be Lance's PR Rep, scheduled a "One Hour Interview with Lance Armstrong" on the "Elliot in the Morning Show".

So - Chad Dukes, with a scheduled interview with Elliot, called in pretending to be Lance Armstrong...and for about an hour...fielded questions from Elliot...regarding his life, legacy, Tour De France, etc...

It was quite possibly the biggest on-air prank that you could pull on somebody...b/c Elliot had zippy idea.

:laugh: :laugh:

when was this? That's hilarious...they pulled a funny stunt on two up and coming DJ's last week...the DJ's were under the impression that they were going to be interviewed by the Junks, but when they got in the booth, the Junks left and the two DJ's were alone to fend for themselves for about 5 minutes...the Junks were in a seperate studio laughing the whole time...it was pretty funny

oh yeah, it's great to have smoot back

If this thread was about 'commenting on other member's replies in a public web forum' then you would have a great point. But its not.

(I do like when Cooley is on Elliot, however)

I know this thread isn't about this, but I need to comment:

I flip the dial a lot... I listen to both Elliot and the Junkies... However, I listen to Elliot more now.

About the Junkies:

1) The Junkies lost me when they started talking about poker all the time. It's really boring... I turned it off when they started talking poker, and then I would check back every month or so and they would still be talking poker. It's really lame. EITM has better interviews.

2) When they were on WHFS, they seemed desperate (and this prank you talk about above helps prove the point). I think because they did this to their competition, it diminished the achievement.

3) I don't get the impression that the Junkies have overtly distinguishable personalities. IMO, Cakes, EB, JP and Lurch are just too similar and the show doesn't lose or gain anything by having the four of them. The great thing about EITM is that you have very different clashing personas on the show. Elliot, Diane, Flounder, Kyle, Tyler and Craig all have their own quirks... They don't dwell repeatedly on stupid stuff like Poker.

Anyway, I know the Junkies have their niche fans... It's just sad that they felt the need to bring down EITM in an attempt to boost their own ratings.

Archived