Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dale Jr.'s number in 2008

gridironmike

If you're a race fan, you know that Dale Jr. is changing teams next year. A hot topic has been whether or not DEI will sell the number 8 so he can use it next year and beyond. Before the Brickyard today, they gave an update and said negotiations have been taking place. The reporter said that if a deal couldn't be worked out, Junior has said he would like to be number 81 so that his fans can simply add a #1 to their existing merchandise. What they didn't mention is that Jr. is a Redskins fan and that #81, Art Monk, was Jr.'s favorite player. You think he hasn't thought about that?

This is a little of topic but here goes...

Yesterday I watch my first race (I think it was in Indy) and I must admit it was pretty cool. I guess Jr. blowing his engine wasn't good. :doh: There are only a few drivers that I was able to recognize, Stewart, Jordon and Jr., but I did enjoy the race.

This is a little of topic but here goes...

Yesterday I watch my first race (I think it was in Indy) and I must admit it was pretty cool. I guess Jr. blowing his engine wasn't good. :doh: There are only a few drivers that I was able to recognize, Stewart, Jordon and Jr., but I did enjoy the race.

I didnt get to see the race yesterday, Who is this Jordan that you are referring to? ;)

J/k I know who you meant...

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2954576

Split sponsorship package.in works for Earnhardt?

No final decision has been made regarding Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s future team sponsor at Hendrick Motorsports..........

...widely speculated that PepsiCo. is the leading candidate to sponsor Earnhardt through its Mountain Dew brand, but sources with knowledge of negotiations say National Guard is also a top candidate as part of a split sponsorship .....

...key piece of the Junior puzzle -- his car number -- DEI and Hendrick are actively negotiating...

NASCAR said it won't stand in the way of any potential transaction.

Earnhardt...reiterated his want to drive the No. 8 in 2008, but said if the deal ultimately doesn't pan out he'd like No. 81...

Archived