Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Sports Nation: 7-16 Redskin Tidbit- Green

bubba9497

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=16547

click link for full article

Big Murf (Northern VA): Welcome back JG! 'Skins question : Do you see all of the high praises coming from players about the growth of Jason Campbell (our Savior JC) ? Think JC has what it takes to turn this team around? (remember the 'Skins gave up very few sacks and had the 4th best rushing in the league last year)

SportsNation Jeremy Green: Hey Murf. I have had a chance to talk with some players on offense there and they are singing his praises, so I can't wait to find out. Based on what he showed last season, he showed flahes that he is the real deal and I would expect he would improve as he becomes more familiar with that extensive Al Sunders playbook. He is going to get them in the right direction but there are still too many missing pieces on defense.

Backhanded?

Jason Campbell is real good.

But there defense blows.

Well done Mr. Green.

why does everything said thats not positive about the redskins get taken as a slap to the face. the guy gave a pretty fair opinion if you ask me. he never said campbell was real good for one, just that he showed flashes that make one think he will be the real deal with some more time to develop. and basically, the defense did blow last year, and did nothing to upgrade the dline this year, so its fair for people to make statements like he did about having holes.

Whats backhanded and two-faced is fans thinking everything written has to be positive or its not true. Get over it people, were not a superbowl team and havent been for sometime. the only way to get talked about like a SB team is to go out and win one which is very hard to do

Let the people that write this tripe defend themselves...we don't need to be doing that for them.

Reasonable criticism is fine but the guy gives zero details or examples of these "holes".

Just saying something doesn't make it so.

Let the people that write this tripe defend themselves...we don't need to be doing that for them.

Reasonable criticism is fine but the guy gives zero details or examples of these "holes".

Just saying something doesn't make it so.

in a an article I would agree 100%

but in a chat, you have limited time to answer many questions as quickly as possible. It's not like he can sit there and look up information and give a detailed answer to a general question each and every question. in an hours time span he could answer only 1 or 2 questions like that

why does everything said thats not positive about the redskins get taken as a slap to the face. the guy gave a pretty fair opinion if you ask me. he never said campbell was real good for one, just that he showed flashes that make one think he will be the real deal with some more time to develop. and basically, the defense did blow last year, and did nothing to upgrade the dline this year, so its fair for people to make statements like he did about having holes.

Whats backhanded and two-faced is fans thinking everything written has to be positive or its not true. Get over it people, were not a superbowl team and havent been for sometime. the only way to get talked about like a SB team is to go out and win one which is very hard to do

I AGREE 100%!

We need to prove were good before people praise the Skins!

Very Bold 7th post, very bold. I think you may have just thrown yourself into the Lions den.

:laugh:

Someone should have warned him....anything not 100% absurdly optimistic about the Redskins, will in fact be attacked.

in a an article I would agree 100%

but in a chat, you have limited time to answer many questions as quickly as possible. It's not like he can sit there and look up information and give a detailed answer to a general question each and every question. in an hours time span he could answer only 1 or 2 questions like that

Careful Bubba.....don't want to be called a cowgirls fan.

You know it's kind of ridiculous to say the D-Line is our achilles heel. Only two years ago our D-Line was stuffing the run and making it impossible for any team to run on us. We had an injury-filled season last year, but we developed some depth. I am extremely optimistic that, with healthy, our D-Line will be perfectly fine. The secondary was what I was worried about, but we have added talent there as well.

In recent years, we have not had a good D-Line, but our defense still was in the top 10. Honestly, except for Carter, we have had the same line for a while. The D-Line wasn't the key to success, it was the secondary and linebackers. When our secondary can cover receivers, it gives the D-Line more time to apply pressure. Also, with more coverage, we can allow more players to blitz and attack the qb. Last year, our secondary was atrocious that we couldn't afford to let anyone blitz because we had to drop so many people back to cover. With a healthy and improved secondary this year, I feel that our D will return to its usual game-winning form.

In all fairness, they said the same stuff about Ramsey in 05.

But in that same regard, another QB stepped up and took us to the playoffs. Now, I'm not the superstitious type, but Bramlet came in with a great offseason (Brunell came into that season with a seriously healed elbow), and absolutely no pressure.

Archived