Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did the Skins Watch Gaither's Workout?

WizSkinsO's

That guy is HUGE! Plus, with a frame that size he could probably stand to gain a few and still maintain his speed.

I wonder if he could transition to DT. Heck... he knows what its like to be on the other side of the position. It could give him an edge and answer our d line needs.

Turtle linked to this above, but here is your answer as to whether they looked at him:

The Redskins' coaches and scouts have evaluated Gaither, Oliver and other players in the draft. The evaluation included film study and background checks.

Head coach Joe Gibbs has said that the team will use every venue possible to acquire top prospects, so it's possible that the Redskins will be players in the Supplemental Draft.

However, the Redskins have never used a pick in the 30-year history of the Supplemental Draft.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=8787

Nobody ever uses 1st round picks in the supplemental draft. It's usually 3rd round or lower, and most teams don't even take anyone at all. Like another poster said above, it's really only for players that have special circumstances.

I think Seattle used a 1st rounder to get Bosworth.

As for Gaither we do have a hole at LG it wouldn't hurt to see if he could become a shawn Andrews like fat boy up front.

Its on NFL.com :laugh:

wow.... gj me... i figured they would take all day... so i have been googling and reading obscure blogs... and i m dammit.... :doh: shame has been brought upon my family...

**EDIT**

i am at a loss for words that we didnt offer a 5th for gaither...

"Of the 42 offensive linemen who ran the 40 at the combine in February, only four posted faster times than Gaither's. And only six of the 37 linemen who participated in the vertical jump recorded better efforts."

He was a MONSTER at UMD. He's still a project, though. I wouldn't spend anything better than a 4th to get him. I don't think we have a 4th next year, do we?

If he's such a project than what a better place for him to come to than here? Plus, Paul Oliver doesn't sound bad either. He practically shut down Calvin Johnson in their meeting this season. Course, we have plenty of corners, but if this guy was all-SEC, he's got to be good.

edit- too bad, Oliver is stuck in San Diego now, and Gaither will be forced to go to what I'm sure was one of his least favorite options, Baltimore :puke:

The Skins could have had him in the 5th. A lot of people said he could have been a first or second rounder next year. An outstanding replacement for Samuels in a few years, and they pass him up. PATHETIC! Does anyone need anymore proof that the Redskins are the worst drafting team in the NFL.

Vinnie rides again!:2cents:

I'll bet that he wont be a bust.

Hell, its only a 5th round pick! We have blown 1st rounders with slam dunk duds...

Anyone remember the Penn State tackle we drafted named Johnson? Never played a game for us, then went to Detroit and played in a total of 2 games... And we traded UP with the COWBOYS to get him!

Gaither was a great college player. I watched him every week from my seats at Byrd Stadium. We screwed up. Again.

:doh:

Archived