Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we so high on JC

Vladimir L

:doh:

Look at Phillip Rivers and Big Ben. Young QB who have had good seasons in the past. However they have been kept on a leash on a team with a great defense and great rushing attack. This formula should work for us too.

Phillip Rivers was kept on a leash? He had 3400 yards, 61.7% completion rate, 22 TDs, and only 9 INTs. Yes, he was definitely overshadowed by LT's record-breaking season... but I don't think you can possibly say that the Chargers ran an offense that minimized the amount of work he had to do.

We still have a reason to be high on JC, he played a good game the other day. Sure, he fumbled twice but you have to consider that we had a patchwork oline in the game who gave him no protection from his blind side and there really wasn't a whole lot Campbell could do about either fumble. Hell, he looked far better than the rest of our starting offense with our wideouts dropping balls, RBs getting nothing, and obvious troubles on the line.

You ask why we are so high on Jason C?

Simple, because our back-ups are Brunell, Collins, Palmer/Bramlet

Bramlet was cut well before the first preseason game.

This is what's ridiculous about the preseason. A QB plays behind a an o-line that played horribly with his pro bowl caliber tight end staying into block and he's being questioned for producing 100+ yards on only 6 completions. Sure he wasn't great but did he have the tools to do great yesterday??? Heyer played well but Wade and Jansen were killing us yesterday. Moss was the only legit receiver in the routes and when we did have some momentum going Randel El dropped a 20 yard pass.

This is what's ridiculous about the preseason. A QB plays behind a an o-line that played horribly with his pro bowl caliber tight end staying into block and he's being questioned for producing 100+ yards on only 6 completions. Sure he wasn't great but did he have the tools to do great yesterday??? Heyer played well but Wade and Jansen were killing us yesterday. Moss was the only legit receiver in the routes and when we did have some momentum going Randel El dropped a 20 yard pass.

I got the distinct impression that Heyer was the big problem on the left side of our line, not Wade. Also, El did technically fumble the ball on that one... we just got lucky that the refs wouldn't accept the challenge.

I got the distinct impression that Heyer was the big problem on the left side of our line, not Wade. Also, El did technically fumble the ball on that one... we just got lucky that the refs wouldn't accept the challenge.

wrong. Heyer wasn't nearly the problem as much as Jansen was. Wade struggled in the run IMO, his body was on the ground within 2 seconds after the snap.

I said left side of the line. Neither Jansen nor Heyer nor Wade impressed me... but I was most disappointed by the play of our tackles.

I came out of that game thinking that Heyer could really be a solid backup to Samuels. Jansen was absolutely terrible, he did nothing well. Fabini is a joke at Guard, and Wade seriously needs Samuels there to produce. Overall, the oline took a huge step back, and its obvious that they need to secure the guard and RT positions. LT will be fine once samuels comes back.

I'm guardedly optimistic about JC. I loved the timing pass to El (I think) on a short out pattern. It was smooth, even elegant. The long pass to Moss was terrific. On the other hand, JC seems to be in slow motion sometimes, and that gets transmitted to the rest of the offense. There seems to be a lack of urgency. Perhaps that's the downside to JC's poise. If nothing shakes him up, will he ever get truly fired up? Brady's poised. So is P. Manning. But they're also firey. Is that in JC's future? Did he get fired up at Auburn? I hope so. We need an icey fire. Gotta love that oxymoron.

I'm guardedly optimistic about JC. I loved the timing pass to El (I think) on a short out pattern. It was smooth, even elegant. The long pass to Moss was terrific. On the other hand, JC seems to be in slow motion sometimes, and that gets transmitted to the rest of the offense. There seems to be a lack of urgency. Perhaps that's the downside to JC's poise. If nothing shakes him up, will he ever get truly fired up? Brady's poised. So is P. Manning. But they're also firey. Is that in JC's future? Did he get fired up at Auburn? I hope so. We need an icey fire. Gotta love that oxymoron.

Yeah he did... I said this a couple of times before.

I read somewhere a few years ago (sorry, can't reference) that he walked off the field on the first game of the 2004 season and said he was never going to be booed in Jordan Hare Stadium again.

I doubt he was booed again that year.

It's true though that expectations for JC and the 'Skins should be tempered this year around here. If we go 8-8 and JC DEVELOPS a bit, which does not mean throwing 30 TD's, then the season is a success.

Anyone saying they weren't high on Ramsey after 7 starts is either forgetful or lying because this entire forum, and the entire city, thought he was the real deal by the end of the Jets game.

Let's not all bail on JC after a few games and say he sucks if we start out 0-3. Let's develop some patience.

I think his youth and the fact that he's developing will buy him some patience. I hope it's longer but I have a feeling it's only going to be 8 games or so.

Basically he's the only hope we have. If he bombs then the franchise will be set back years and we'll be starting from scratch.

Having said that... I think that Campbell can be a good QB for us and if we give him some help on the OL then he should at the very least be able to manage the game and lead us to some wins.

Best case is that he turns out to be very good and we're set for the next 10 years. That could be the case too. I hope it is. The pass to Moss was a thing of beauty!

We just don't know yet.

This first preseason game wasn't very promising though.

Let's hope next game will be much better for Jason.

I never seen us Skins fan so crazy or be so up on a QB.

I'm sure fans were crazy about Heath Shuler when we first drafted him. Of course we all know how that came out. I'm sure people were crazy when we traded for Sonny Jurgensen back in the 60's.

I think since this invention called the internet came about, everyone voices their opinion about everything.

I suggest to the original poster that he browse the GangGreen site to see how high the Jets fans are on Kellen Clemens and the BroncoMania site to gauge the hopes Bronco fans have for Jay Cutler.

Lots of fans just need to BELIEVE. It's an emotional thing, removed from reality.

I hope he gets a fair shot and doesnt get ripped off like Ramsy.

:doh: seriously?

I'm not even reading further to see how many responded to you for this...because it still isn't enough..

For all you Ramsey humpers... HE WAS NOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!

I thought he was going to be a great QB as well, but he's not. Spurrier made sure he was shell shocked enough that he never settles down. Obviously Gibbs and Co. saw something...and didn't we win that game....didn't we get the second round of the playoffs that year? And what happened to Ramsey? Oh yeah barely made th Jets, and is in danger of being cut from the Broncos.

What I like about him is he is a passer first then runner.

Its the Giants defense though. I have more memorable games from Ramsy.

I do too. But he should know when to run as well. I hope this comes into play. We all know he can move.

I mean I am no coach, but with about 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, on 3rd and 3, Campbell moved to his right, outside the pocket and could have ran for 3 yards, but chose to throw the ball to the deep right side of the field to Espy, which in turn was a tough throw and incomplete. Result - 3 and out.

But I for one, am a Campbell fan. So, yes, I am high on him.

I think its because the Redskins fans haven't had a stable atmosphere in the quarterback scenario with one guy leading the helm for a long time and JC has all of the god given abilities to be that one person. Although, a lot of it is still hope based and hasn't been confirmed nor will it have a chance until at least after this up and coming season.

very well said. that is exactly what it is. lots of hope that he will be the face of the skins for years. unfortunatley history is against us.

very well said. that is exactly what it is. lots of hope that he will be the face of the skins for years. unfortunatley history is against us.

i agree with that and i want to add 1 thing....

Of all the QBs we've had recently, he's the one with the most ability to get the job done. He's got all the "tangables" (sp? yes i'm a moron) and he's got the smarts to do it all

The future is now.

If he doesnt play well this year I think we might end up looking for a new one.

Even if he plays ok. Most of you guys expect him to do very well and I hope so too.

Well, it appears you've been reading the Dan Snyder How To Build a Football Team manual.

He isn't perfect in his first full season as a starter? Junk him and spend money.

Brilliant.

This assessment of Campbell is nothing but knee jerk. And in reading so MUCH kneejerk here this morning, I truly wonder why Gibbs calls us 'the best fans in the NFL."

We're obviously a clueless bunch of front runners, ready to toss anyone to the scrap heap the instant they make us feel slightly queasy.

~Bang

And in readong so MUCH kneejerk here this morning, I truly wonder why Gibbs calls us 'the best fans in the NFL."

We're obviously a clueless bunch of front runners, ready to toss anyone to the scrap heap the instant they make us feel slightly queasy.

~Bang

how do you "readong" something? :silly:

But you're right, why are we so quick to throw someone to the wolves.. if that's the way this franchise was built we wouldnt have won any superbowls.. especially in 91' cause the year before, Rypien was nowhere near "championship" form

how do you "readong" something? :silly:

But you're right, why are we so quick to throw someone to the wolves.. if that's the way this franchise was built we wouldnt have won any superbowls.. especially in 91' cause the year before, Rypien was nowhere near "championship" form

Well, readonging is a very costly operation and it's only performed in certain Asian hospitals..

Yes, i agree completely with the Rypien comparison in this context.. Ryp threw an atrocious short pass... horrifyingly bad. But he was poised, and he threw those intermediate and deep routes like a master.

I am not comparing JC to Ryp in general, but the idea he can't win because he's not perfect with all the throws has been proven false.

If we can fix the protection problems we had Sat. (which i believe they will,, in the reg. season they would definitely have adjusted the left side protection.. i got the feeling Saturday they were letting it go to see how the line would perform.), if we can give Campbell time to survey the field, I think the kid will make us very happy.

~Bang

Well, readonging is a very costly operation and it's only performed in certain Asian hospitals..

:laugh: i laugh but i dont even want to know :doh:

Yes, i agree completely with the Rypien comparison in this context.. Ryp threw an atrocious short pass... horrifyingly bad. But he was poised, and he threw those intermediate and deep routes like a master.

I am not comparing JC to Ryp in general, but the idea he can't win because he's not perfect with all the throws has been proven false.

If we can fix the protection problems we had Sat. (which i believe they will,, in the reg. season they would definitely have adjusted the left side protection.. i got the feeling Saturday they were letting it go to see how the line would perform.), if we can give Campbell time to survey the field, I think the kid will make us very happy.

~Bang

And i know what you are saying, i'm not saying Campbell in Ryp are the same in any way but i agree with your point that if someone has got the goods, then you make it work. You mold your scheme to the ability (therefore utilizing your ability) giving the players to play to the best of their ability.

Can't say I was as excited about Ramsey after his first 7 starts as I am about Campbell.....not by a longshot.

I think the main reason is his poise and overall demeanor. The kid is flat-out unshakable. Whether he throws a TD or an interception, his facial expression never changes. He runs back to the sideline and straight to the coach to look at photos. Ramsey would take his helmet off and look like he was gonna cry.

Not to mention the work ethic he displayed in the offseason. The touch he displays on his deep ball. His scrambling and stiff-arming ability. You know....all the stuff Ramsey never showed.

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything negative about Campbell. People point to his completion % last season, but he was basically thrust into the lineup with ZERO practice time with the first-team offense, so that was to be expected.

How can you not be excited?

thats what im sayin man awesome post :D :point2sky

Archived