Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hostile territory

apeters

I live on the east coast of Canada and have been a skins fan since 1980. I am going to see my first skins game this October in Foxboro. I have been to Foxboro two previous times, the last time I wore my skins hat and was verbally assaulted in the bathroom. I was just curious if anyone has any idea of what I can expect from a Redskins road game in terms of abuse.

I live about an hour from Foxboro and my wife is a big Pats fan. We went to the Skin/Pats preseason game last year and it was all good (except the actual game, of course). Got razzed a little but it was mostly good natured...the way it should be. I was pretty shocked to see how many Skins fans do show up though. You'd think the pats fans would be monolithic, but there is a pretty diverse fan base. Cant wait to go to the regular season game in Oct.

:patriotsu

Were not a rival of the Patriots and I don't see their fans being anything but maybe a little arrogant because of their recent dominance. I've been to lots of road games for lots of different teams in different sports and unless you go out of your way to start things you will almost always never have to deal with anything more than a little razzing.

Note: Of course the Linc is the exception to this where you will most likely be sent to the hospital before you make it to the ticket gate.

Guest Rafterman
Were not a rival of the Patriots and I don't see their fans being anything but maybe a little arrogant because of their recent dominance. I've been to lots of road games for lots of different teams in different sports and unless you go out of your way to start things you will almost always never have to deal with anything more than a little razzing.

Note: Of course the Linc is the exception to this where you will most likely be sent to the hospital before you make it to the ticket gate.

:cheers:

You can get away with wearing your colors in almost every stadium in the NFL

but Lincoln Financial is a whole other world.

If you really want too see a game their wear neutral clothes.

Went to the pre-season game last year. The people in my row gave me a hard time about my hat but it was in good fun and they were pretty cool. The couple of kids behind me, old enough to drink but too young to know what to do with it would say off hand stuff so I could over hear it, but they didn't bother to say it to my face. Other than that it wasn't bad - of course we were losing like 40-0 or something so there was nothing I could really say in return. Hoping this year will be different. Co-worker is a Pats season ticket holder and although he already gave this game to his brother in law, he may be able to score another pair of tickets for me. Will proudly wear my skins attire if I can go, so you won't be alone!

A lot of people have brought lincoln financial field up and since we are sort of on the subject. I was thinking about going to a game there (and wearing a jersey). I recently just spent the weekend in south jersey for a friends grad party and talked to a lot of the people up there who are philly fans. They made it seem like its actually more hype then truth to the craziness of the stadium. can anyone argue that? anyone know what its really like?

He's right. And remove your skins bumper sticker if you don't want to get keyed there.

A lot of people have brought lincoln financial field up and since we are sort of on the subject. I was thinking about going to a game there (and wearing a jersey). I recently just spent the weekend in south jersey for a friends grad party and talked to a lot of the people up there who are philly fans. They made it seem like its actually more hype then truth to the craziness of the stadium. can anyone argue that? anyone know what its really like?

Like most social problems, it's just a few people that ruin things. Most of them live in Philly.

I can guarantee you won't get in and out of there without getting seriously abused. Also it depends if you want to just sit back and take it though. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when fired upon. They don't attack your team, they attack you personally. You need to read some of Mark the Homers posts if you really want a taste of the Linc.

I can guarantee you won't get in and out of there without getting seriously abused. Also it depends if you want to just sit back and take it though. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when fired upon. They don't attack your team, they attack you personally. You need to read some of Mark the Homers posts if you really want a taste of the Linc.

i went last year with my brother in full redskins garb. expect to be screamed at and taunted, and if you can handle it, all of ours was in good fun. its a little scary sometimes because you worry about the one drunk guy that can take it over the top, but if you keep your distance and dont act like a d-bag when taunted, youll be fine. obviously you run a higher risk of getting into a scuffle at the linc, but if you keep to yourself i doubt youll have any problems.

and in all honesty, if youre not adult enough to handle some verbal abuse at the opposing teams football stadium, you shouldnt be going to games.

im going to the season opener there in september and i cant say im not a little worried, but i think im gonna try and get some more people to come up.

Just ask them when was the last time they beat us in a regular season game. Either that or bring up the fact that they are 1-6 versus us.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/wasindex.htm#all They are NWE

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nweindex.htm#all We are WAS

Anybody know what year did they beat us?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was1972.htm

Another question you can ask them is what is so special about 1972 for them.

If you were going to a skins game at Lincoln Financial, I'd tell you to wear a flak jacket along with a helmet. BUT, I don't know anything about the Pat's fans. Good luck though. :cheers:

He's right. And remove your skins bumper sticker if you don't want to get keyed there.
Like most social problems, it's just a few people that ruin things. Most of them live in Philly.
Yea thats definitely true. Heard many stories about cars with Redskins (or other Eagle opponents) decorations on them being keyed, tires slashed, etc.

Philly is overrated and is hyped up like crazy for no apparent reason. I have been to about 6 games at the Vet and 2 at the Linc. Decked out in all Skins gear--head to toe. The WORST thing that happened to me was the word ass-hole being screamed towards me by a ton of Iggle fans. I can handle a bunch of people screaming. That is not a big of a deal.

and in all honesty, if youre not adult enough to handle some verbal abuse at the opposing teams football stadium, you shouldnt be going to games.

Agreed. :cheers:

LIARS it is a cesspool, They had to have an eagles court in the vet stadium and they have similar facilities in the linc. Worst fans in the league, I live in philly suburbs I know these low class cavemen

Archived