Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hostile territory

apeters

If you go to an opposing stadium wearing your Teams Gear you should expect to be razzed, except Phoenix because half of the stadium is rooting for the visiting team.

But you should not have to fear for your personal safety. That is what ticked me off during the 05 Divisional Playoff Game in Seattle, 2 years the Seattleites could not sell out Qwest Field and now since the Hawks are winning they want to be all hostile like Oakland or Philadelphia. :rolleyes:

A lot of people have brought lincoln financial field up and since we are sort of on the subject. I was thinking about going to a game there (and wearing a jersey). I recently just spent the weekend in south jersey for a friends grad party and talked to a lot of the people up there who are philly fans. They made it seem like its actually more hype then truth to the craziness of the stadium. can anyone argue that? anyone know what its really like?
'

Philly is not all hype. The people there are animals. I have been to three Redskins games in Philly. Two at the lince and one at the Vet. I wouldn't wear opposition colors. It's up to you. It really kinda sucks watching a game there because all you can do is watch and not really say anything because if you cheer there is a good chance you will get in a fight or jumped. Not the greatest place to visit.

Even Portis's mother got in a fight there. Lincoln Financial has earned it's reputation.

"Lincoln Financial Field has a jail right in the stadium, complete with four jail cells. "

http://www.buyselltix.com/nfl/stadium/eaglesStadium.php

Here's a link about Portis's mom and her fight there

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010201650.html

It is all hype. CP's mother was not involved in a fight because she was attacked. In fact, there was a strong rumor out there that she is the one who threw a punch(punches) first. The people that I have seen get into fights inside the Vet and Linc are the people who can not take the normal ribbing.

Philly fans are notorious for being loud and rowdy. Nothing wrong with that. Because, if you wear opposing gear to a football game you will get screamed at. It is the fun part of going to the opposing stadium. If you show that you are weak and can't handle the ribbing.. they will feed off that because they can and it would only be worse. If you show them that you understand that you are being ribbed and the actual reason WHY you are being ribbed. It is not all that bad at all. If a dog smells fear.. they will use that to their advantage. There is nothing different here.

I am not saying go to a game and be a *****. I am just saying don't be an ******* and try and fight the Iggle fans because you can not grasp the reality that YOU are the one in 'enemy territory'.

It is all hype. CP's mother was not involved in a fight because she was attacked. In fact, there was a strong rumor out there that she is the one who threw a punch(punches) first.

Obviously, you have never been there and do not know what you are talking about. CPs mom DID throw the first punch, after an iggles hag purposely threw a beer on her.

My buddy had his car keyed at Vets. Both sides. Feebles fans tend to be drunk, immature, violent Aholes. That's why they had to build a jail IN THE STADIUM.

When you are basing what you heard against peoples real life experiences, you should just log out. Nobody likes bad advice.

Take any abuse with a smile as long as we're winning. I've seen some vicious beatdowns in the Vet as a child. I've seen an elderly man get hit in the face with a beer at the Vet back in the day because he was wearing a skins shirt. Philly fans are a bunch of miserable jerks with no rings so they treat opposing fans like garbage. Hopefully the Pats fans will treat you with a little more respect. HAIL

Obviously, you have never been there and do not know what you are talking about.

Must suck not knowing anything yet purposely trying to act like you do.

I have been to numerous Vet/Linc games.

Keep trying though..

CPs mom DID throw the first punch, after an iggles hag purposely threw a beer on her.

Were you there during that incident? How do you know that some 'iggles hag' just out of the blue threw beer on her. There is no possiblity that something else went on and perhaps CP's mother was not just picked on without words being exchanged back and forth?

Don't let me get in the way of rational thinking and all.. :rolleyes:

My buddy had his car keyed at Vets. Both sides. Feebles fans tend to be drunk, immature, violent Aholes. That's why they had to build a jail IN THE STADIUM.

1) Drunk? ALL NFL Stadiums.

2) Immature? People in general can be.

3) A-holes? See number 2.

When you are basing what you heard against peoples real life experiences, you should just log out. Nobody likes bad advice.

Again.. you know about as much as dog ****.

It's punks like you that clutter this board with 10,000 posts, but nothing to say.

Explain why the city of Philadelphia had to build a jail INSIDE VET STADIUM, and required that the design of the Linc had to include ANOTHER JAIL WITH INCREASED CAPACITY?

Your "advice" could get somebody hurt. Obviously, you don't care.

Must suck not knowing anything yet purposely trying to act like you do.

I have been to numerous Vet/Linc games.

Keep trying though..

Were you there during that incident? How do you know that some 'iggles hag' just out of the blue threw beer on her. There is no possiblity that something else went on and perhaps CP's mother was not just picked on without words being exchanged back and forth?

Don't let me get in the way of rational thinking and all.. :rolleyes:

1) Drunk? ALL NFL Stadiums.

2) Immature? People in general can be.

3) A-holes? See number 2.

A real Philadelphia sports fan story

010306clintonportis.jpg And now, the first great Philadelphia sports story of 2006: At yesterday's Eagles-Redskins game, some poor Philadelphia woman, fed up with the Eagles ****ty performance all season, got up and poured beer all over Redskins' running back Clinton Portis' mom, Rhonnel Hearn, who was sitting in the stands. (That's Portis at left. And, no, I'm not kidding.)

And how did Hearn respond? Oh, nothing but a swift punch right back at the unidentified woman. Portis' mom watched the rest of the game from the sideline. Says the Washington Post:

"She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with her,"
Portis said
. "I think fans take that too serious. People come to the game to have a good time, that's what you should do. If you decide your team is losing and you want to cause trouble, then you're going to get what you're looking for. And yesterday, whoever that fan was, they got what they were looking for."

Of course I should, as a native Philadelphian, jump all over Portis' mom. But, hey, she got beer poured on her -- the only good Philadelphia thing to do would be to punch the person who did it right in the face. Plus, eh, as much as I love Philadelphia sports, sometimes Philadelphia sports fans are a little annoying at games. Oh, no, not you, dear reader. I mean the guy you don't like.

http://willdo.philadelphiaweekly.com/archives/2006/01/

Jerk. Even Philadelphians admit their fans are Aholes. You know them, they are your friends.

It's punks like you that clutter this board with 10,000 posts, but nothing to say.

:D

Explain how you REALLY feel.

Explain why the city of Philadelphia had to build a jail INSIDE VET STADIUM, and required that the design of the Linc had to include ANOTHER JAIL WITH INCREASED CAPACITY?

Your "advice" could get somebody hurt. Obviously, you don't care.

Just off the top of my head.. I can tell you that RFK and Qwest Field have/had three holding 'jail cells' inside them each. It is a common thing for NFL Stadiums to have holding cells to house the 'problem' in the meantime for the police to arrive.

Philly is not the first not the last. They are the first to have a Judge though. Which, dating back 2 years now, they have done away with that.

Research, dude. Research.

Who said that I don't care? I had been to numerous games as well as a bunch of my friends and I have had nothing happen to me nor them.

I know how to take ribbing. Apparently, you and your boys, don't. It isn't my fault that you lose your cool too fast.

Now, go outside, get fresh air and then start posting again.

Respectfully yours,

The punk with almost 11,000 posts.

A real Philadelphia sports fan story

010306clintonportis.jpg And now, the first great Philadelphia sports story of 2006: At yesterday's Eagles-Redskins game, some poor Philadelphia woman, fed up with the Eagles ****ty performance all season, got up and poured beer all over Redskins' running back Clinton Portis' mom, Rhonnel Hearn, who was sitting in the stands. (That's Portis at left. And, no, I'm not kidding.)

And how did Hearn respond? Oh, nothing but a swift punch right back at the unidentified woman. Portis' mom watched the rest of the game from the sideline. Says the Washington Post:

"She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with her,"
Portis said
. "I think fans take that too serious. People come to the game to have a good time, that's what you should do. If you decide your team is losing and you want to cause trouble, then you're going to get what you're looking for. And yesterday, whoever that fan was, they got what they were looking for."

Of course I should, as a native Philadelphian, jump all over Portis' mom. But, hey, she got beer poured on her -- the only good Philadelphia thing to do would be to punch the person who did it right in the face. Plus, eh, as much as I love Philadelphia sports, sometimes Philadelphia sports fans are a little annoying at games. Oh, no, not you, dear reader. I mean the guy you don't like.

http://willdo.philadelphiaweekly.com/archives/2006/01/

Jerk. Even Philadelphians admit their fans are Aholes. You know them, they are your friends.

That still does not tell the whole story. Unless you were there.. hush it. That does not include any dialouge. I can promise you though, that Mrs Hearn was not doused with beer because she was CP's mom. There is more beef to that story.

:rotflmao:

Running out of patience? It is ok.. go get some fresh air, ma'am.

Last year, we kicked your boys, the iggles, to the curb. On the field, not on their mothers in the stands. Expect more of the same this year.

And i will be glad because I will be wearing the Burgundy and Gold just the same as you however, cheering even louder.

Im pretty sure verbal assaults are gonna take place at every stadium. And i dont know for sure, but i would imagine that patriots fans are big softies.

For the most part they are just giving good natured ribbing. But man some of these folks are about as ignorant as it gets. As long as you arent the ******* that goes to their house to try to piss on the carpet, most of them will be just good natured trash talkers.

PraiseG-13 and TurboD44 - Cool it off.

PG though, personally, I have never been to an NFL or NBA game that didnt have actual police officers there in addition to the hired security (I have been to hundreds over the years). And bragging about your post count is lame, similar to some of the things you stated to describe all NFL fans ? Really all of them ?

For the most part they are just giving good natured ribbing. But man some of these folks are about as ignorant as it gets. As long as you arent the ******* that goes to their house to try to piss on the carpet, most of them will be just good natured trash talkers.

PG though, personally, I have never been to an NFL or NBA game that didnt have actual police officers there in addition to the hired security (I have been to hundreds over the years). And bragging about your post count is lame, similar to some of the things you stated to describe all NFL fans ? Really all of them ?

Well first, read this thread and who noted the post count. That would not be me. I was mocking him for it.

Who said All NFL fans.. Do you even read, bro?

EDit>> I don't get the PraiseG-13 part.. is that a joke or something that was intended to be funny or... just a miss type and if that is the case, I appologize?

Regardless cant you grow up and be the bigger man even if he is wrong ? Thats the point. Stop acting like a baby about something so stupid as going to the Vet/Linc.

You didnt say all NFL stadiums are filled with drunks ? I beg to differ. I would say a majority are actually responsible adults, and people in general are immature ? He is making an argument based on his experiences and personal observations. To dispute that and call it BS when many people here have been and dont fit into the mold of drunk and immature is... silly.

BTW - I have also been to both places, and its a minefield.

Regardless cant you grow up and be the bigger man even if he is wrong ? Thats the point. Stop acting like a baby about something so stupid as going to the Vet/Linc.

Acting like a baby and having a debate are two different things.

You didnt say all NFL stadiums are filled with drunks ? I beg to differ.

Saying that all NFL stadiums have drunks and saying that All NFL fans are drunks are two different things. Pick which one you wish to discuss. You are all over the place with this..

I would say a majority are actually responsible adults, and people in general are immature ? He is making an argument based on his experiences and personal observations. To dispute that and call it BS when many people here have been and dont fit into the mold of drunk and immature is... silly.

Seems like you should be posting this to TD44 and not towards me. I am not saying that his stories are false. He said that mine were.

Again.. you are all over the place, misreading, talking to the wrong person.. yadda yadda.. Get on track, buddy. :thumbsup:

BTW - I have also been to both places, and its a minefield.

Far from what it is being described as..

to some of the things you stated to describe all NFL fans ? Really all of them ?

Sorry Kosher. I try to back up what I say with links and personal experience, and not just spew like iggles trolls.

I wonder how many skeet-laden keyboards pg has gone through to get 10.000 posts?

Sorry Kosher. I try to back up what I say with links and personal experience, and not just spew like iggles trolls.

I wonder how many skeet-laden keyboards pg has gone through to get 10.000 posts?

Hilarious dude..

Don't give up your day job.

What to do after you have lost a debate:

Rule 1) When you have lost a debate and have nothing else to add.. use personal insults. They rock!!

You failed bro. Sorry.

:D

Explain how you REALLY feel.

Just off the top of my head.. I can tell you that RFK and Qwest Field have/had three holding 'jail cells' inside them each. It is a common thing for NFL Stadiums to have holding cells to house the 'problem' in the meantime for the police to arrive.

Philly is not the first not the last. They are the first to have a Judge though. Which, dating back 2 years now, they have done away with that.

Research, dude. Research.

Who said that I don't care? I had been to numerous games as well as a bunch of my friends and I have had nothing happen to me nor them.

I know how to take ribbing. Apparently, you and your boys, don't. It isn't my fault that you lose your cool too fast.

Now, go outside, get fresh air and then start posting again.

Respectfully yours,

The punk with almost 11,000 posts.

Philly is much worse than just ribbing. I have been to a few games there and have seen Skins fans get jumped for being a Skins fan. You may have been with a bunch of your friends but going to see the Skins at the Linc with your jersey on is a beware with caution experience. You might luck out and not much happen but then it can end up being a nightmare.

My cousin did security at the Vet during his days in college and he's told me that he's seen Skins fans get sucker punched as they walked out after a win.

I wouldn't tell any Skins fan not to wear their jersey but if they do than they better be fully aware of their surroundings at an Eagles game. Also go to the restroom in groups and not by yourself. The place is a zoo.

I make a point of wearing my "Three Time Super Bowl Champions" hat every time I fly into Philly. No one has ever said anything to me but I can still feel the tension from all the cold stares. Even some old grandmother types have given me a death stare for wearing that hat in Philly airport. :laugh:

:eaglesuck

Archived