Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Those who visit NYC...

Commander_N_Chief

Depends who you are. I make sure that I hit a show and a museum every time I'm there for fun. MoMa, the Whitney, the Gugenheim and the Met are all world class museums of art. Soho can also be pretty fun, if you're a little more avantegard... I was disappointed in Greenwich Village personally, but there are still a couple of fun places 'round there. Off-Broadway can be really fun, off off can be even more of a blast, although the quality varies incredibly (but the price is also much cheaper), but what to do in NYC is basically about three things: who you know, what you like to do, and how much money you have.

Guest sith lord

The Empire State Building

The Bronx Zoo

The Museum of Natural History

Lombardi's Pizzeria (said to be the first pizzeria in America)

How are you going up? The train is the best way. If you drive, prepare to stick your car down a three lane road with 5 cars fitting in between. It's like playing running back, if you see a hole, burst through it. Also, the parking is soooo rediculous.

That being said, if it's your first time, got to check out times square, WTC memorial and perhaps a trip out on a boat around the Manhattan.

There's lots to do. All the shopping is up on 5th avenue around the 50th streets. If you're bringing your girl, keep away from there for you wallet and sanity's sake.

Central Park is cool and the upper east side gives you a good glimpse into Manhatten lifestyles, but it's mostly residential you can find some real good hidden restruants in there.

The cool thing about Manhatten is that you really don't need a game plan or itenary, just show up and start walking. You'll find enough to do.

There's a place called Carnegie Deli, its on 55th and 7th, it has the best hot dog and cheesecake in the city. I know it sounds weird to go to Midtown for a hot dog, but I swear its worth it. For good bagels go to H&H Bagels at 2239 Broadway. There's a great Italian place called Carmine's (just don't go alone, its family style) at 200 W. 44th Street.

Times Square is fun for a while, but it wears off. If you want to see a show there is a place called TKTS that sells tickets at cheap prices a couple hours before showtime. There's one in Times Square (its either right in the middle of Times Square or the lobby of the Marriott, i'm not sure). There's another one in South Street Seaport which is closer to you. South Street Seaport is alot of fun too if you want a place to walk around and kill time.

That being said, if it's your first time, got to check out times square, WTC memorial and perhaps a trip out on a boat around the Manhattan.

If you want to save some money, Staten Island ferry is free a provides a good view.

There's a place called Carnegie Deli, its on 55th and 7th, it has the best hot dog and cheesecake in the city. I know it sounds weird to go to Midtown for a hot dog, but I swear its worth it.

My advice would also be to go to Carnegie Deli, but I don't know if I'd get a hot dog. Can't comment on how good the hot dogs are though, because I've never had one from there.

If you want to save some money, Staten Island ferry is free a provides a good view.

My advice would also be to go to Carnegie Deli, but I don't know if I'd get a hot dog. Can't comment on how good the hot dogs are though, because I've never had one from there.

I know it sounds weird, but I would go to New York just for that hotdog, but the sandwiches are really good too.

Just make sure to be prepared to wait a few minutes, that place is open 22 hours a day and there is always a line to get in.

And be prepared to drop some $$$. Everything in Manhattan is so much more expensive than it is here. And if you go to a restaurant and see that a sammich costs $22, don't be alarmed. It's a huge open-face sammich with about three pounds of meat on it and it's nearly impossible to eat it all by yourself. :)

Thanks to all who inputed after I got off. I appreciate all the help and now have an idea of what we're going to do.

We both decided we're going to see The Lion King on Broadway, and hit a couple of the places mentioned in here. Just a bit more information on the trip(that would probably have helped huh?)I'm going with my lady and we're flying into JFK. We're catching a shuttle bus to the hotel and from what the description said we're about two blocks from the WTC Mem.

Thanks again for all the help.

"Eh, you want a lapdance wit that pizza?"

In a city that seems to have everything, it's amazing what we'll still be surprised to find. Take for example what CBS 2 HD recently uncovered going on in the back of a pizzeria.

Let's just say it's hotter than the pizza served up front.

On the outside, Cordatos looks like your ordinary pizzeria, but inside customers are offered something way too hot and spicy to be found on the menu.

Lap dances. Yes, you read that correctly.

A walk through the restaurant past the pizza ovens, leads to a heavy soundproof door, where inside the back room $10 buys you a few moments of lap dancing by barely dressed exotic dancers, a dance too graphic for most newscasts.

"When you are in the Big Apple anything and everything goes," one patron said.

The anything and everything on this menu includes extremely close body-to-body contact during the lap dance. Judging from the crowds CBS 2 HD saw during our hidden camera investigation, it's a popular pit stop just blocks from ground zero, where construction workers and Wall Street traders find a slice of pleasure in the least likely of places.

"The guys go at lunch time," one man said. "It's not a bad thing either, relieves a little pressure."

So is this New York City's best-kept secret? Apparently not, especially to members of the NYPD's vice unit. Three years ago, several of the dancers were arrested and charged with prostitution.

While Cordatos is licensed to serve alcohol, dancing falls under the city's Cabaret Law, which requires a separate license, which the pizzeria does not have.

CBS 2 HD went looking for answers and found the pizza and dancing were a lot warmer than the reception we got. Upon seeing our camera, an unidentified pizzeria worker out his hand over our lens.

During our hidden camera investigation we did not observe any nudity, however a legal expert told us that in some cases the body-to-body contact we captured on camera could be deemed criminal.

Even though several city agencies knew the pizzeria had been cited for the same offenses in the past, records show none had returned to check if any laws were being broken. In fact, the NYPD told CBS 2 HD it would respond based on a complaint, which to this date has not been made.

http://www.trulyfe.com/showthread.php?t=16323

Archived