Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ideal first game stats (offense)

BMahoney

My vote is for Portis and Taylor, Portis is our franchise and was injured all last season and IMO needs to start out this season with a bang. Taylor was unable to play to his true ability all last season, due to other weaknesses in the defense, I would really like to see him make some big plays (and please god let him get an int).

Yea I agree the Win/Loss column is the most telling stat of all, I was hoping more on this thread to gain an understanding of what direction fellow ES members were hoping the skins would head in this season. Thank you for your input.

If we do that every game i will go completely hairless for 3 years, COMPLETELY, my entire body, not just my head

I did this once...not for 3 years...but for 3 days...

It's pretty cool at first when you look in the mirror...for those of you who have done it, you know what I mean...lol

But my wife wasn't too happy about it after like the 3rd day...those of you who are wives whose husbands have done this...you know what I mean...lol

Just thinking about the direction I hope the team heads in this season and wanted to see others opinions. I am hoping we continue a run first offense with the runs split between the two backs, depending on the specific scenario. I hope JC plays the role of a Big Ben, all he has to do is occasionally move the chains and NOT MAKE MISTAKES. With all that said here are my ideal stats for the offense first game.

Keep in mind this is Ideal

Portis 19 for 115 2 tds

Betts 16 for 82, 2 Receptions for 29 yds

Campbell 11/17 195 yds 1 td 0 int

Cooley 2 receptions for 49 yds, 1 td

Moss 3 receptions 72 yds

Lloyd 2 receptions for 26

ARE 1 reception for 19, 1 rush for 26

This would equal to 418 yards of total offense and is quite ideal. I would imagine us scoring 24-27 points with this offense. Let me know your opinions.

Campbell having an 11.50 yards per attempt average?

Both Cooley AND Moss having a 25 ypc average? (Cooley??? lol)

Portis averaging over 6 yards per carry?

All of this happening in the same game?

Um, no.

Ideal would be seeing any stat which shows Campbell spreading the ball around to at least six players, 200+ yards, a 60+ completion percentage, 2+ TDs and no INTs...That was basically his production in the last game of the season against the Giants. If he can come out and play where he left off--and throw one less INT and hit one more receiver--that would be ideal.

Portis breaking 100 yards with at least 1 TD and a ypc average of 4.5 or more...

Betts getting 10 or so carries and averaging 4.5 ypc as well...Portis is far more of a scoring threat so I would want him on the field significantly more than Betts. No even splitting of the rushing duties...it should be 2-1 in favor of Portis.

Moss with 4-5 receptions and a TD or two (which he's definitely capable of)...doesn't matter what his yardage is. Over the course of the season he'll get his yards.

Lloyd with 3-4 receptions and a TD (or two)...we need Lloyd to establish himself as legitimate #2 option right off the bat.

Cooley and ARE to just continue being Cooley and ARE...with ARE having a really good average on punt returns.

Suisham being 100% on field goals and extra points.

Most "ideal" stats on opening day, though, would be these:

1-0 (in the win/loss catagory)

0 (in the injuries catagory)

I want to see more balance in our offense. I want us to be a "run-first" offense, but just barely. I want us to be just as effective passing the ball so that, as a team, we can attack as we see fit. IMO, this is the only way to be truly successful in todays NFL. Not only that, but we'll keep Portis and Betts healthier, even though they'll probably get the same production since teams can't just play the run on us.

The definition of Ideal: a conception of something in its perfection.

-IMO what would be perfect are the numbers I listed Califan whether or not they would actually happen we are yet to see, I feel that every single stat is quite reachable by the players. You have once again come into one of my posts with arrogant attitude that all your ideas are correct, well you are right you always are and always have been. Since you are so right there is no reason for you to continue to post on this thread so please do not, and please do not post on my other threads. You obviously don't have to listen, but please just do not post in my threads anymore... I have grown quite tired of your attitude.

The definition of Ideal: a conception of something in its perfection.

-IMO what would be perfect are the numbers I listed Califan whether or not they would actually happen we are yet to see, I feel that every single stat is quite reachable by the players. You have once again come into one of my posts with arrogant attitude that all your ideas are correct, well you are right you always are and always have been. Since you are so right there is no reason for you to continue to post on this thread so please do not, and please do not post on my other threads. You obviously don't have to listen, but please just do not post in my threads anymore... I have grown quite tired of your attitude.

Somebody needs a hug...

See how far off the subject it has become as soon as you start posting in here, I don't like you, and you don't like me. I don't interfere with you for this reason because it leads to other members of the board having to read us bickering back and forth something no one wants to do. So I ask you again please do not post in my threads, be as mature of a 43 year old as you can be.

this thread...with its few opinions and many bickering posts, is why i choose to just read and not post anymore. It is childish and mildly retarded. State your opinion, and shut up. If your post is the one that enlightens us all......then there are no words that need to be typed to express your supreme intellect or someone else's lack there of. Thank you.....HTTR and hope to god we get Cowher

See how far off the subject it has become as soon as you start posting in here

You mean as soon as you overreact to one of my posts lol...I was on topic when I posted. You decided to ignore what I posted and instead attempt to make personal attacks. Had you just stayed on your own topic instead, everything would have been fine. Didn't bother me, just pointing it out.

I don't like you, and you don't like me.

If I thought about you at all I probably wouldn't...(thank you, Rick lol)

I don't interfere with you for this reason because it leads to other members of the board having to read us bickering back and forth something no one wants to do.

If you just responded to what I posted instead of responding to what you think I'm like, there would be no "back and forth" for anyone TO read. That you're unable to do that is not my fault.

So I ask you again please do not post in my threads, be as mature of a 43 year old as you can be.

Or you could just put me on ignore, that way you never have to have an emotional reaction to any of my posts, and I can go about posting on any thread I damn well please without having to worry about how you'll feel if I do. PM a mod if you're not sure how to do that.

Ok mrtacconi thought you would stay out of this considering that is what you said you have been doing, Califan and me have been posting on many threads back and forth with one another. It has led to much bickering that you said displeases you, so I asked him to not post on my threads so this is not the case. I tried to do it politely did not work, it then became more harsh, as far as me taking a personal attack at you Califan its because every other person that posted in here gave their numbers or opinion. You quoted mine and said um no, rather than just posting your beliefs which would have been just fine. As far as being my emotional puppeteer, to think that my emotion has changed one time on this bored is a complete joke. So rather than sit here and be polite, Ill be blunt as to not be emotional. Do not post here you contribute nothing positive to the conversation.

Keep in mind this is Ideal

Portis 25 for 246, 7 tds

Betts 10 for 120

Campbell 20/26 495 yds 6 td 0 int

Cooley 5 receptions for 119 yds, 1 td

Moss 12 receptions 293 yds, 5 tds

Lloyd 2 receptions for 64

ARE 1 reception for 19

This would equal to 861 yards of total offense and is quite ideal. I would imagine us scoring about 95 points with this offense. Let me know your opinions.

I thought you said the offense need CJ to be good?

My Ideal stats

Portis 5 carries - 400 yard - four touchdowns

Betts 5 carries - 395 yards - four fumbles at the goal line

Campbell - 18-21 - 400 yards - four touchdowns

Sellars 1 catch 5 yards 1 touchdown

Cooley 3 catch 70 yards 1 touchdown

LLoyd 4 catchs 100 yards - 1 touchdown

Moss 10 catchs 225 yards - 1 touchdown

Smoot - 5 picks

Carlos - 5 bobbled picks - four caught.

Ok mrtacconi thought you would stay out of this considering that is what you said you have been doing, Califan and me have been posting on many threads back and forth with one another. It has led to much bickering

Actually it's lead to much disagreement on your opinions and you apparently unable to handle it. I've never "bickered" with anyone online in my entire life lol...I've debated topics and viewpoints...but "bicker"? That's what husbands and wives do. :laugh:

I asked him to not post on my threads so this is not the case. I tried to do it politely did not work,

BMahoney's perception of "doing so politely":

"You have once again come into one of my posts with arrogant attitude that all your ideas are correct, well you are right you always are and always have been. Since you are so right there is no reason for you to continue to post on this thread so please do not, and please do not post on my other threads. You obviously don't have to listen, but please just do not post in my threads anymore... I have grown quite tired of your attitude."

as far as me taking a personal attack at you Califan its because every other person that posted in here gave their numbers or opinion. You quoted mine and said um no, rather than just posting your beliefs which would have been just fine.

Did you NOT say this at the end of your original post?...

"This would equal to 418 yards of total offense and is quite ideal. I would imagine us scoring 24-27 points with this offense. Let me know your opinions."

Apparently you forgot to type "...except for Califan007" at the end of that sentence...because that's what quoting your stats and saying "um, no" is...letting you know my opinion.

Again...you should just put me on "ignore"...it won't hurt.

Haha sorry I am at an internship and the only thing that makes the day go by, is debating and looking up stats. Otherwise I sit here at this cubicle watching CNN headline news oh god. And yes Mahoney was the ass clown in Police Academy. As far as the hate Dan T. thank you for supporting me, I am still a skins fan.

I'm glad to see you didn't take my post the wrong way as I was only joking.

I'd love to see the skins offense come out firing on all cyllinders however I still think that it won't really click until mid season. The ground game is going to be beastly and the defense is gonna be nasty.

I would love to see balanced stats but I just don't see it this season. Maybe I'll change my mind after pre season

Haha ya no I understand you were joking. I completely agree that we will have a run heavy game, but I think this will be perfect for Campbells progression. We have IMO the second best running tandem in the NFL, this will cause defenses to concentrate much less on our young qb. We establish a run game that opens the PA wide open, and JC will have the opportunity to throw his bomb to Moss, hell maybe even Lloyd depending on how next season goes. I just can't wait.

Campbell having an 11.50 yards per attempt average?

Both Cooley AND Moss having a 25 ypc average? (Cooley??? lol)

Portis averaging over 6 yards per carry?

All of this happening in the same game?

Um, no.

Ideal would be seeing any stat which shows Campbell spreading the ball around to at least six players, 200+ yards, a 60+ completion percentage, 2+ TDs and no INTs...That was basically his production in the last game of the season against the Giants. If he can come out and play where he left off--and throw one less INT and hit one more receiver--that would be ideal.

Portis breaking 100 yards with at least 1 TD and a ypc average of 4.5 or more...

Betts getting 10 or so carries and averaging 4.5 ypc as well...Portis is far more of a scoring threat so I would want him on the field significantly more than Betts. No even splitting of the rushing duties...it should be 2-1 in favor of Portis.

Moss with 4-5 receptions and a TD or two (which he's definitely capable of)...doesn't matter what his yardage is. Over the course of the season he'll get his yards.

Lloyd with 3-4 receptions and a TD (or two)...we need Lloyd to establish himself as legitimate #2 option right off the bat.

Cooley and ARE to just continue being Cooley and ARE...with ARE having a really good average on punt returns.

Suisham being 100% on field goals and extra points.

Most "ideal" stats on opening day, though, would be these:

1-0 (in the win/loss catagory)

0 (in the injuries catagory)

Quite frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about. This is a very appropriate response to the original question. I think you are reaching for something else Mahoney or letting past spats cloud your thinking. Nothing wrong with this response.

Footballer why you too, all I asked for was his opinion of where the team should go. Not if he liked mine or not, I was completely fine with his entire post and found it quite insightful, other than the first four lines which were completely unnecessary. All that was required was for him to post what he thought would be ideal, not to shoot down what I thought would be ideal. There is a strong hostility between me and him and that is why I believe he added his first lines to the post. Is it that much to ask that he not post on my threads in order that conversations such as this do not continue. I am hear to discuss the redskins not my quarrels with 43 year old men across the country.

Archived