Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr. Portis and Mr. Moss Miss Mini-Camp

The Waterboy

I see Mr. Portis and Mr. Moss are out of this weekend's mini-camp" because of mini-aliments. How important is "mini-camp"? What decisions are made based on what happens at a "mini-camp"? Is missing "mini-camp" a serious thing? We didn't have "mini-camp" when I was a kid. You either played the game or went home. Just wondering.

Did they even have football when you were a kid?

Yep, but we didn't hid under all that paraphernalia the kids wear these days.

At 81 years old I am not sure you had electricity!

We got electricty when I was 9 ... when Rural Electric put the line through to the farm.

I must say that I'm impressed. I didnt even know 81 year olds knew what the internet was.

Al Gore taught me everything I know about the internet. I may be old, but I am not senile (yet)!

You're going to get the age jokes all day long Waterboy. So be prepared.

I'll do okay as long as the resident doesn't catch me playing after lights out and I don't drool on the keyboard in the dark.

My eyesight isn't as sharp as it use to be. Could Lloyd enlarge those pictures a little bit... I can't quite make out what is bouncing around in them.

We got electricty when I was 9 ... when Rural Electric put the line through to the farm.

Al Gore taught me everything I know about the internet. I may be old, but I am not senile (yet)!

I'll do okay as long as the resident doesn't catch me playing after lights out and I don't drool on the keyboard in the dark.

My eyesight isn't as sharp as it use to be. Could Lloyd enlarge those pictures a little bit... I can't quite make out what is bouncing around in them.

:applause: Bravo!

I see Mr. Portis and Mr. Moss are out of this weekend's mini-camp" because of mini-aliments. How important is "mini-camp"? What decisions are made based on what happens at a "mini-camp"? Is missing "mini-camp" a serious thing? We didn't have "mini-camp" when I was a kid. You either played the game or went home. Just wondering.

as long as their in shape in August and know the offense...I'm not concerned a bit. Actually might be good to give the other guys a few more looks.

ZING! still got it. You put them in their place waterboy.

back to the topic - i dont think they're real important as much as they may be helpful. its better that they sit out and get healthy i think.

[/size][/font]

Easy , we dont want the resident finding you with your pants off, and your hand clutching your chest. :yikes: :jerk:

For veteran 1st string players I don't worry too much about them missing these pre-season activities. Their nagging injuries may be of concern or they may be little more than an excuse for them taking it easy so they enter the final countdown to the season well rested and with little or no risk of injury.

I would not be suprised if we don't see either Clinton or Santana stay on the sidelines through almost all of pre-season activities.

That said, the main thing that will be missed is Jason Campbell getting his timing down with Santana (mostly) and Clinton on the passing game.

For others - OL needs to develop timing; that can only be accomplished by working together as a unit, so it's important. Same for defenses - they need to work as a unit. For any player trying to make the team or move up in the lineup every chance to show their ability is important. Having some of the 1st string players sitting out gives others more chances to show their stuff.

Archived