Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

fatty DT Jimmy Kennedy to the Broncos

Hilarious. The Broncos did the exact same thing last year -- added a bunch of big name players who were either past their prime or injury prone. Didn't work then, doubt it will work now.

Don't they do this every year? Completely overhaul their DL on a wing and a prayer.

I still don't get how they don't get slammed for their ways as the Redskins do. It can't be due to winning, because they haven't had a great deal of success since Elway retired. Maybe, on paper, a better record than the Skins during that time, but really not all that different.

the broncos dont upgrade sexy positions, like we did last year. and we ususally get grilled for overspending. a 6th rounder for one DT, and vet min for adams is hardly espn bash quality. spending 2 high draft picks for lloyd and restructing his contract so we could over payhim, making archuleta the highest paid saftey EVER then benching him after week 7, and paying randel el ridiculous money to be a #3 receiver, is definitely more to laugh about.

it makes me even more angry that a youngster like jamie kennedy was available for a 6th round pick and the skins didnt attempt to make a move. ridiculous beyond comprehension.

the reason they didn't do it is b/c gibbs said himself he is going to keep ALL the draft picks they have for next year intact and that is what he meant

it makes me even more angry that a youngster like jamie kennedy was available for a 6th round pick and the skins didnt attempt to make a move. ridiculous beyond comprehension.

The Skins don't go after lazy defensive lineman. The days of hoarding guys like Dana Stubblefield, Dan Wilkenson, and Darrell Russell are over.

Hilarious. The Broncos did the exact same thing last year -- added a bunch of big name players who were either past their prime or injury prone. Didn't work then, doubt it will work now.

Actually, I think Denver loaded up on DEs last year. This year, it looks as if they are trying to bolster there interior defensive line situation. This could prove to be a wise move on there part. As the previous poster said, it's not costing them a great deal. If you had only one of these guys as your 1 Technique DT, then your probably not in great shape to really be effective with them because they are going to wear down quickly. However, if you have to physically imposing guys that you can rotate, then you might have a good thing going.

I still don't get how they don't get slammed for their ways as the Redskins do. It can't be due to winning, because they haven't had a great deal of success since Elway retired. Maybe, on paper, a better record than the Skins during that time, but really not all that different.

Denver '02-'06 = 51-29

Wash '02-'06 = 33-47

It's not even close.

Denver '02-'06 = 51-29

Wash '02-'06 = 33-47

It's not even close.

Well, I think I clearly stated that they have had more wins. I also stated "since Elway retired". Records during that timeframe? Denver: 76-52; Skins: 59-69. That translates to about 2 wins/season. What's the difference in playoff victories? Redskins have 2, Broncos have 1. Again, not much to write home about on either side.

Have they been a better team? Absolutely. But, ultimately, success is defined by success in the playoffs. The Broncos are consistently hovering around .500 or better. They've had a nice, fat payroll and what has it gotten them? Really, not much more than what the Redskins have gotten with their investment.

Well, I think I clearly stated that they have had more wins. I also stated "since Elway retired". Records during that timeframe? Denver: 76-52; Skins: 59-69. That translates to about 2 wins/season. What's the difference in playoff victories? Redskins have 2, Broncos have 1. Again, not much to write home about on either side.

Have they been a better team? Absolutely. But, ultimately, success is defined by success in the playoffs. The Broncos are consistently hovering around .500 or better. They've had a nice, fat payroll and what has it gotten them? Really, not much more than what the Redskins have gotten with their investment.

I know what you said and you are correct, to a point. Believe me, there is nobody that believes in winning playoff games more than me. Going 13-3 and then 1-1 in the playoffs is a lost season to me. BUT the difference between being consistently in or near the playoffs and not even sniffing them for 10 of 12 years is huge.

My point of using '02-'06 was that that is about as far back as "most" people can actively remember (without having to look stuff up). So, in recent memory, Denver has been a plus .500 team that consistently goes to the playoffs. While the Redskins have been a sub .500 team that has consistently picked in the top 10 of the draft.

Like I said, it's not even close. Just like a Denver and New England comparison is "not even close".

Jimmy Kennedy is awful.

Being large doesn’t make someone good at DT automatically.

The Rams who ranked poorly in rush defense last year got rid of the guy because he is slow, fat and doesn’t know how to get off blocks (the only thing that big fat run stuffing DT's have to be good at). The man is a bust, and you are sobbing that the Redskins didn't make the same mistake they have been makeing over the last few years and send draft picks to another team to acquire a mediocre player who is probably worse than what they have on their roster.

He’s going to choke in the thin air in Denver.

Archived