Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

News on Kris Jenkins

2006Skins

My understanding is that he's ballooned to a whopping 380lbs. I know that we're looking for a 2 gap guy.......but that is probably a little much.

380 might be enough to cover 2 gaps though don't you think? :laugh:

Seriously, that's pretty bad though. But I'm thinking a change in scenery may do the trick...:2cents:

My understanding is that he's ballooned to a whopping 380lbs. I know that we're looking for a 2 gap guy.......but that is probably a little much.

Sounds like he's pushing 3.5 gap size. I really would love it if he came here, as long as we don't give up a first day pick.

He showed up 384lbs at one point.

Here's some info thanks to rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2375

Kris Jenkins showed up to Panthers minicamps weighing 384 pounds.

It's only 49 pounds over his listed playing weight. The Panthers appear to have removed the Pro Bowler from the trade block at this point.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus says he's heard that DT Kris Jenkins is "definitely still on the market and for the right price (Carolina) would trade him."

While a deal wouldn't surprise, it no longer seems likely after the Pro Bowler showed up to minicamp 49 pounds overweight. Also, the Panthers couldn't secure the first-round pick they were looking for as compensation around the draft. While GM Marty Hurney didn't deny Rosenhaus' suggestion, the club will likely have to lower its asking price considerably to get a deal done.

and the most recent info.

Gaston Gazette columnist Steve Reed believes Kris Jenkins has played his last down as a Carolina Panther.

Reed is very clued in when it comes to the Panthers and argues that Jenkins is trying to force Carolina's hand. He says the Pro Bowl defensive tackle either wants a new contract or to be traded and predicts Jenkins will eventually be moved if he's holding out once training camp kicks off. Plenty of teams should be interested in a 27-year-old pure nose guard.

Sounds like somebody is going to try a bidding war for Jenkins

I would honestly be happy with Kris Jenkins here so long as we don't give up a first day pick. I think a 3rd rounder for next year would be a good asking price

I know it has been a long time since the Skins had one but a third round pick is a first day pick.......I guess you could record the third round and watch it the second day of the draft and then you could be happy.

Archived