Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Non Nobis, Domine

Ghost of

For those of you familiar with Henry V (the film.)

I can't explain to you guys who aren't NBA fans or don't know how DEEP this NBA draft is what it means for a terrible team like the Blazers to win the lottery and have the chance to overcome the "Bowie" mistake (over Jordan.) I can only hope that one day you Wizards fans understand.

I want to be the first to welcome our new Greg Oden Overlord. :)

I can't believe I missed out on the live moment because I was at work talking to someone! :laugh:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I was actually reading up about Bowie just the other night after I saw a review in SI for a book about the 84 draft. I didn't realize that the year before the Blazers had selected Clyde Drexler, a SG (and a HOF one at that), so it didn't really make sense for them to take Jordan, another SG. At the time it was thought that it was a good pick, and if Bowie didn't have all the injury problems it might have worked out great. Although he did have injuries in college so it could be said that that was all foreseeable.

Congrats though. How does Jamison (and his expiring contract) and a first round pick for Randolph sound to you?

AND a first round pick sounds good but I think the blazers are getting greedy and want Conley, Jr. at PG to pair up with Oden. ;)

The problem with the Blazers is they didn't know that Pippen/Jordan could dominate on a level that Cs could only dream of--if they did, drafting the GOAT and pairing him with a HOF at SF would have made ALL THE SENSE in the world. Not that anyone knew MJ was GOAT but he WAS special.

Personally, I was an MJ fan when I was a kid so a 6-7 year old apparently knew more about basketball than Portland's front office.

Does Oden smoke enough weed to be a Blazer?

NOt the old Jail Blazers, no.

But as part of the Brandon Roy, Martell Webster, Sergio Rodriguez Blazers?

HELLZ YEAH!

He's definitely not into dogfighting or apologizing for it, just see the article I posted earlier today (God looks out for me.)

The only thing you have to watch out for is the fact that Oden appears to age twice as fast as a normal man ... he'll probably have gray hairs and be out of the league by the time he's 25.

I feel bad for Memphis though - good thing I didn't go down the street to the lottery-watching party tonight. At least the Tigers will be good next year. Maybe they should just let the University of Memphis try to play against NBA teams next year - they'll probably sell more tickets that way.

The only thing you have to watch out for is the fact that Oden appears to age twice as fast as a normal man ... he'll probably have gray hairs and be out of the league by the time he's 25.

One title is all I need. Hell, he can eat babies and have sexual intercourse with YOUR wives and I'll be cool if we can squeeze a title out of it. :silly:

Archived