Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis and You

glikster04

Portis made a mistake, however fans are now saying trade him because of his opinion on dogfighting. Dogfighting is and will always be unhumane, but to judge a man who is not being accused of dogfighting is just stupid. "He said if that's what (vick) want's to do that's his business his dog". Meaning it's not his business not his concern. But as usual we fans are bored during off-season and need something to talk about. My point is there are other things to worry about than whats going on in someone elses house.

You are who you are and obviously CP is a dog-fight advocator. You never get a second chance to make a first impression (on your dog-fighter stance that is) do ya? Why do we make excuses for our star players and the players we don't like or who are messing up for us(archuletta/Rogers/Brunell) we crucify?

When did he say he condoned dogfighting or that he fights dogs, from the sound of things you don't have a clue.

No, but unless you're a pyshic you would not know would you.
Do you think CP has NEVER gone to a dogfight? I'm guessing my his Mississippi comments and the comments about Vick he has. If not it doesn't matter to me because he made NO attempt what-so-ever to say that dog-fighting is ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, and INHUMANE.

Didn't Riggins get piss-drunk and embarrass himself, and the team, in front of high-powered members of government by calling Sandra Day O'Conner "Sandy Baby" and telling her to "loosen up?"

Exactly...

"Sandy Baby" wasn't killing puppies.

"Sandy Baby" wasn't killing puppies.

being a blatant drunk and disrespecting a high ranking political official is something lots of people here would get up in arms about. but since we were a dominating team and winning, it was "riggins being riggins". portis making a comment about dogfighting means nothing whatsoever. until portis is involved in dogfighting, we shoudl leave the guy alone.

Do you think CP has NEVER gone to a dogfight? I'm guessing my his Mississippi comments and the comments about Vick he has. If not it doesn't matter to me because he made NO attempt what-so-ever to say that dog-fighting is ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, and INHUMANE.

Again, unless you were there with him you would not know. He also did not say he condoned dogfighting either, and that's my point as long as he didn't say I'm going to fight my dog tomorrow, we can only assume that. But he said " If that's what (vick) wants to do than that's his business his dog". What is he guilt of minding his business, okay than let's cut him .

being a blatant drunk and disrespecting a high ranking political official is something lots of people here would get up in arms about. but since we were a dominating team and winning, it was "riggins being riggins". portis making a comment about dogfighting means nothing whatsoever. until portis is involved in dogfighting, we shoudl leave the guy alone.

I wasn't saying CP was killing puppies either. I was responding to the comment that was comparing Riggins inane comment to Sandy O'Connor to CP's moronic comment about (and somewhat condoning) dog fighting.

CP should just be forced to wear the dunce cap until the beginning of the season when we can decide if his legs can get his mouth out of trouble!

EDIT: I just now read the press release in the other thread that CP said he doesn't condone or take part in dog fighting, so it's a non-issue now IMO, except that CP hopefully has learned to be smarter about what he says in the future!

Dude, I put dog fighters in the same ballpark as child molesters. They are the scum of the earth, preying on things which are weak and have absolutely no understanding of what's happening to them. I'm just waiting for someone on here to say they actually fight dogs so I can really get fired up.

To me, Clinton Portis might as well have said, "I don't see anything wrong with having sex with your 12-year-old niece. I mean, she's your niece, right? She was in your house, right? Do whatever you want with her."

**** Clinton Portis.

']Dude' date=' I put dog fighters in the same ballpark as child molesters. They are the scum of the earth, preying on things which are weak and have absolutely no understanding of what's happening to them. I'm just waiting for someone on here to say they actually fight dogs so I can really get fired up.

To me, Clinton Portis might as well have said, "I don't see anything wrong with having sex with your 12-year-old niece. I mean, she's your niece, right? She was in your house, right? Do whatever you want with her."

**** Clinton Portis.[/quote']

Do you realize what you just said, if a dog or any animal is more important than a human being you need to have a pysch evaluation seriously you have some serious issues.

It may not be worthy of another thread, but as far as Portis goes, if he were traded tomorrow I wouldn't be upset. I might have been upset last week but at this point in time? Wouldn't bother me one bit. We would get by.

I wonder what Joe Gibbs thinks of all this? He has to be shaking his head and wonders about the character of one or two of his players.

Why wouldn't trading Portis bother you now? Because of his statements? :doh:

Give me a break man. You wouldn't mind trading a top 5 runningback because of something that he said? That would be like trading you to the Cowboys fan base for the quote that you just made. :) In other words, that would just be ridiculous and we would never do that.

You both mean too much to us. :D

']Dude' date=' I put dog fighters in the same ballpark as child molesters. They are the scum of the earth, preying on things which are weak and have absolutely no understanding of what's happening to them. I'm just waiting for someone on here to say they actually fight dogs so I can really get fired up.

youre going way overboard dude, relax. yes cruelty to animals is not something anyone should condone, but comparing that to domestic sexual abuse of a minor is way out in left field.

**** Clinton Portis.[/quote']That's a ridiculous comparison.

I wasn't saying CP was killing puppies either. I was responding to the comment that was comparing Riggins inane comment to Sandy O'Connor to CP's moronic comment about (and somewhat condoning) dog fighting.

CP should just be forced to wear the dunce cap until the beginning of the season when we can decide if his legs can get his mouth out of trouble!

EDIT: I just now read the press release in the other thread that CP said he doesn't condone or take part in dog fighting, so it's a non-issue now IMO, except that CP hopefully has learned to be smarter about what he says in the future!

portis is just a silly dude who says dumb things now and again. if he could take it back im sure he would, but point blank - the guy doesnt fight dogs, plus he was smiling and laughing when he gave the interview, he probably doesnt care either way, he probably just thinks the media is lame for getting into vicks business. samuels was laughing too. and im sure he doesnt condone dog fighting but he obviously doesnt think its the end of the world. i would agree with him, some obviously dont.

I always find this defense intriguing. Yes' date=' I've done some dumb things in my life. Yes, I've said some dumb things in my life.

What is different is that I am generally smart enough to realize what I have done or said that is wrong and why it is wrong. That is what is called a mistake that is "out of character."

I don't get the impression that is an "out of character" mistake for CP. This is, in fact, his character.

And that's ok. He's paid to run really fast not to be president.

He still has an IQ of broccoli though.[/quote']

And what's our Presidents IQ? At least CP knows how to do his job right. He probably would be a better prez than this jackass we have in office now.

The only hope this guy gave anyone is that if your a C student you can go to Harvard and become president. CP gives us hope of a strong running game, playoffs, Superbowl, and comic relief before gameday.

you guys are freakin' ridiculous. lets trade portis because he said something stupid. let me make some points first: i never liked mike vick, i love pits, and i don't support dog fighting AT ALL. but come on, lets be serious. where clinton is from its probably common to see dog fighting, to him, its not a big deal. get over it.

exactly. when you grow up seeing something, even if its wrong and bad, it becomes just something you are exposed to constantly. does that mean portis goes to dog fighting matches all the time? doubtful. he just doesnt think its something to get all up in arms about. that doesnt mean he thinks its right. he has nothing to do with dog fighting, yet you guys are making his comments out to be that hes the national president of the dog fighting and abuse council. in the words of mr. freeze, "chill".

You know what we should do? Every week we should pick one ES member who posts regularly, and make that his/her week to be under the message board spotlight. The board would take every word that person writes over the course of the week, analyze, discuss and rate it against an objective message board standard for social, political, ethical, moral and intellectual content, and then publicly assess the person's character based on the findings.

You are who you are and obviously CP is a dog-fight advocator. You never get a second chance to make a first impression (on your dog-fighter stance that is) do ya? Why do we make excuses for our star players and the players we don't like or who are messing up for us(archuletta/Rogers/Brunell) we crucify?

First of all, let me preface by saying that I find dog-fghting to be repugnant and cruel. I would much rather see the owners fight to the death while the dogs watched.

Wee, I feel better already.

Second, just because someone comes out and in effect says "This is a dinky problem that goes on all the time, and you all need to lighten up on Vick", doesn't mean that it is true, or that CP actually dogfights, or supports that business/culture.

We all have unpopular beliefs or opinions that we do not act on (heck I believe I would like to have multiple wives, but I don't act upon that, or even discuss it much). Now some will say that CP just needs to learn to think before opening up his mouth. While I feel that would be a great step in the right direction, and helpful to more than just CP, he has the right to state his opinion. Honestly, does the opinion of one paid entertainer really mean that freaking much? (LOL) AND how many of us wouldn't cross the line frequently having a reporter shoving a microphone into our face 20 or more times a day?

/Bring on the Pain:helmet:

§ 97-41-11. Fighting animals

Any person who shall keep or use, or in any way be connected with or interested in the management of, or shall receive money for the admission of any person to, any place kept or used for the purpose of fighting any bear, **** or other creature, except a dog, or of tormenting or torturing the same, and every person who shall encourage, aid, or assist therein, or who shall permit or suffer any place to be so kept or used, shall be guilty of a

misdemeanor

. It shall be the duty of any policeman or other officer of the law, county or municipal, to enter into any such place kept for such purpose, and to arrest each and every person concerned or participating therein.

CREDIT(S)

Laws 1997, Ch. 489, § 3, eff. July 1, 1997.

Look here, it's the dogfighting law for Mississippi, from where Clinton Portis grew up. Clinton Portis is from the poor, deep south. To him, dogfighting isn't a big deal, they still have ****fighting in Mississippi and Lousiana.

just saw the ****, it's supposed to be rooster, fyi

Archived