Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis and You

glikster04

Again, if you don't denounce it, you support it. That goes for Portis or anyone else that supports Portis in this matter. It' really very easy to understand.

Nobody is supporting what Portis said. Everyone is disappointed in what he said, some people are just more willing to forget it than others. I, for one, know he made a mistake but am not about to jerk my knee over it. He said what he said, it was dumb...he knows it was dumb. He'll make it up to us by scoring points, and everybody will love him again.

It may not be worthy of another thread, but as far as Portis goes, if he were traded tomorrow I wouldn't be upset. I might have been upset last week but at this point in time? Wouldn't bother me one bit. We would get by.

I wonder what Joe Gibbs thinks of all this? He has to be shaking his head and wonders about the character of one or two of his players.

I wonder what you and Joe Gibbs think about winning.

As I think a little bit, i realize CP is HUMAN just like we are. He said something stupid. We all do. Try and put yourself in his position and think of something dumb that you said, post it here. I think it will be interesting if we can realize that we all say things that we dont necessarily mean, they just come out wrong.

Actually CP is a lot cooler than most people I Dot E cooler than freaking every person in the world that sucks the medias bullteet. CP knew exactly what he said and did it on purpose to make a mockery of the media; I think it's hilarious.

Nobody is supporting what Portis said. Everyone is disappointed in what he said, some people are just more willing to forget it than others. I, for one, know he made a mistake but am not about to jerk my knee over it. He said what he said, it was dumb...he knows it was dumb. He'll make it up to us by scoring points, and everybody will love him again.

Everyone but me. Read the above post. It was a ****ing joke, people. He was encountered with a loaded question that (a) had nothing to do with the Redskins (B) was about someone else's personal business, and © is not even his ****ing professional responsibility to EVEN ANSWER!.

So what does he do...creates shock-factor. People of the world have extremely thing skin. If we were ever to get invaded by an alien race, we'd be in trouble.

Look young man, if you don't denounce it, you support it. It's pretty easy to understand. Why do you think that Portis is in trouble to begin with. He didn't denounce the activity, therefore it is assumed (by 90 percent of the world anyway, have you read the news?) that he supports it. Rather than saying that he will withhold his judgement until all of the facts are out he jumped right in and said it was Vick's property and dogs and he could do whatever he wanted with both.

This is frrom the AP: Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia, but Portis said that if Vick is charged and convicted, "Then I think he got cheated. ... You're putting him behind bars for no reason -- over a dog fight."

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not," Portis said. "But it's his property; it's his dogs. If that's what he wants to do, do it."

Hours after making light of the possible crime in the television interview, Portis issued a statement late on May 21 through the Redskins.

"In the recent interview I gave concerning dog fighting, I want to make it clear I do not take part in dog fighting or condone dog fighting in any manner," the statement said.

How can he say that he doesn't condone it after these statements? Condone doesn't mean he does it or endorses it. It means:

condone >verb accept or forgive (an offense or wrongdoing).

-DERIVATIVES condonation >noun.

-ORIGIN Latin condonare 'refrain from punishing'.

Hours after making light of the possible crime in the television interview, Portis issued a statement late on May 21 through the Redskins.

"In the recent interview I gave concerning dog fighting, I want to make it clear I do not take part in dog fighting or condone dog fighting in any manner," the statement said.

He was clearly forced into making that so called apology. Do you think that several hours after that interview he said to himself " ****, I shouldn't have made those comments. That's not how I feel about dogfighting ". He was clearly worried about how his comments were going to go ever. They didn't go over very well.

Again, if you don't denounce it, you support it. That goes for Portis or anyone else that supports Portis in this matter. It' really very easy to understand.

I beg to differ, just because you don't condem it doesn't mean that you condone it. Its like the 5th amendment. Again not denouncing doesn't mean you accept it. You put it out there yourself; condone-- to accept or FORGIVE.

CP is saying MV has the right to do what he wants in the privacy of his own home (legal or illegal) just like the rest of us. Just because of the millions they make doesn't exempt them. But again MV wasn't there so we need to stop saying MV was dog fighting. We need to stick to facts until further notice that he was there. So all in all CP was not condoning or condeming what happened, just merely stating the fact he CAN do what he wants on his own property.

:cheers: to you my fellow Redskin.

its a misdemeanor, hardly anything serious.

https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&id=2097&JServSessionIdr008=794avlhmg3.app25b

Its a felony of the third degree in Pennsylvania to posess a fighting dog,be the property owner of an event, posses equiptment,to gamble on the event or to be present during an event. Going by the article above it is in many other states also.

I'm not sure why this couldn't be in one of the threads already on the board today about this.
Not worthy off a thread

maybe if you all weren't so quick to jump to conclusions - you wouldnt be wasting my time with responses like that. If you read my post, i said something along the lines of post something stupid you said. Not another "trade portis b/c of what he said!" or something like that.

Keep up the great work!

you aren't necessary.

May not be worth the thread, but is it really necessary for everyone to jump in and tell the guy? Talk about piling on.

Regardless, to touch on the actual post at hand, I think you make a good point glikster. We've all said things that come out wrong, and have been taken out of context. Hell, I accidentally told my ex-gf's best friend to blow me when I first met her. She took it way out of context, and it almost went south from there.

THIS is what this thread was about. something stupid he said - "blow me" - thank you for understanding

Welcome to the NNT club!

We are electing new officers next week. Get your resume in quickly.

This wasn't a currently discussed topic that would have been seen in another thread. Try posting to the topic at hand so you might have something intelligent to say.

Archived