Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas getting THROTTLED!

Brave

Actually, I think the top three players in the game in terms of arm strength are Favre, Brooks and Vick. I think right below those three you have Bledsoe, Carr and Culpepper. I would not put Ramsey in the top three. But, I'd put him in the next tier for certain.

Though, that touchdown to Ramsey last week was a pass very few can make. That pass was essentially 25 yards and never got more than 8 feet off the ground. It was a laser. Still, I think he's just a notch below the top three guys.

Tom,

Another sign is that the Redskins just gashed you all over the field and especially so with Ramsey in there, and conversely, the Cowboys couldn't do a thing to you. Heck, it has to worry you for next year that you can have five turnovers, 12 penalties and six sacks against us and still only barely win. If it was reversed we might have beaten you by 50 :).

Originally posted by Art

F1,

I didn't say Ramsey had a much stronger arm. I said Ramsey appears to have a bit of a stronger arm though I could be wrong. Ramsey also has had a few 70 yard bombs. Their called hail mary passes you know?

The bottom line is you have created a Hutchinson who's gone from dropping 60 yard bombs to dropping 70 yard bombs to dropping 80 yard bombs and in fact, he's not done any of the three because dropping a bomb means a completion and it doesn't mean dropping harmlessly to the turf incomplete. Fair enough?

No, Ramsey isn't the prototype QB. That's Michael Vick. Ramsey is a traditional QB, which is the same as Hutchinson. Which is what I said, so, where did I go wrong? Since I didn't, that answers where you went wrong.

Dude,

While I'm just a visitor over here you REALLY need to reread the entire posts above yours. You are way, way, off base, I never said that Hutch threw 60 then 70 then 80 yard bombs. I said that Hutch threw 60-70 yards bombs, then YOU stated that Ramsey had an even stronger arm, Hence the 80 yard remark on my part.

Most of the posters over here are really cool and quite interesting, but I guess that has just came to an end.

Read my lips, I watched Ramsey he's not bad but he doesn't have that great of an arm either. Maybe I missed something and he's the next Montana, for I haven't seen him day in and day out. He is your QB hope so be it.

Art,

The Giants were prepared to play Wuerffel not Ramsey. Ramsey coming off the bench and moving the ball is something I have seen many times against the Giants. The backup comes off the bench and looks like a football god. Plus, the Giants had a lot of starters on defense out against the Redskins. They got all those starters back today and it showed. Plus, I think the Skins have a better offensive line than the Cowboys now. The Giants were just abusing Hutchinson all day. I am sure when the Giants get a whole week to look at film on Ramsey and prepare for him in the years to come, he won't be having the kind of success he did in that half. I am sure he will have some success but he won't look like he did.

TCO,

That was wrong. Humorous, but wrong. Collins went through his rehab and got his act together. It was just wrong. But I was wondering why his name was not being mentioned with this arm comparison. He is not in the category of Favre but he is definitely in the category right below that.

Yes, Collins has a strong arm. Like I said, that wasn't a complete list; I spent 5 seconds thinking and typing. After I posted it, I actually thought of him and considered adding him to the list, but there are others I could *** as well. That list was intended show what one could come up with off the top of his head.

BTW, I have no particular reverence for addiction victims, rehabbed or otherwise. I think most things are fair game for humor, and the fact that he IS recovered make the joke that much more appropriate than it otherwise would have been. And I'm never going to shy away from denigrating behavior that is self-destructive.

By arm strength do you mean who can throw the ball the furthest or who can throw the hardest and most accurate. If its the ladder, than I would not put McNabb in the top 5, since he is not very consistent accuracey wise. However, two years ago I believe, in the NFL QB contest, McNabb won the distance contest, throwing it 79 yards. I think Vick can out throw McNabb, but that may be it. However, I don't think McNabb can throw it far AND as accurate as the other QB's mentioned.

F1,

You wrote that Hutch is throwing 60 and 70 yard bombs. You then wrote he's throwing 80 yard bombs. Not until is actual long passes were put up did you seem to realize that gravitating how far Hutchinson is throwing the ball might be the direct opposite way to direct your statements.

And, if you are asking for people to read over the posts here, may I recommend you do so. Because, in fact, you didn't say Hutchinson threw 60-70 yard bombs and then see me step in saying Ramsey had an even stronger arm. I said Ramsey had a stronger arm to begin with, though I said that may not be totally right. You then stepped in, and I watched you expand upon your estimation of how far Hutch throws, only to then correct you.

Again, anyone watching the two to this point come away from the sight thinking Ramsey has a bit better arm. And that doesn't mean Hutch doesn't have a very good arm.

It's a good point you make laurent.

If Ramsey were the next Montana none of this conversation would be taking place because no one has said Ramsey has said that. Marino remains the most solid comparison for an all time great. Ramsey has a lot to do to surpass the guy he may now resemble as a young player.

Originally posted by Art

F1,

You wrote that Hutch is throwing 60 and 70 yard bombs. You then wrote he's throwing 80 yard bombs. Not until is actual long passes were put up did you seem to realize that gravitating how far Hutchinson is throwing the ball might be the direct opposite way to direct your statements.

And, if you are asking for people to read over the posts here, may I recommend you do so. Because, in fact, you didn't say Hutchinson threw 60-70 yard bombs and then see me step in saying Ramsey had an even stronger arm. I said Ramsey had a stronger arm to begin with, though I said that may not be totally right. You then stepped in, and I watched you expand upon your estimation of how far Hutch throws, only to then correct you.

Again, anyone watching the two to this point come away from the sight thinking Ramsey has a bit better arm. And that doesn't mean Hutch doesn't have a very good arm.

Art you CAN NOT READ!

This is my post and read "YOUR BOY"

"You must be kidding?

Apple's and oranges. I didn't see Ramsey do ANYTHING in the way of "certainly stronger than Huchingson's".

So your boy is dropping 80 yard bombs, OK then I'm wrong! Maybe I'm confusing Ramsey and that other guy from GreenBay."

You are a trouble maker!

Originally posted by laurent

F1, mentioning Montana in a discussion about arm strength suggest to me that you do not have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

It was an inflection of, it doesn't matter how long you can throw the ball, but if you can simply drop off 20 yarders and win Superbowls!

Hutch and Ramseys arms doesn't carry much merit if your not winning games.

Montana has more than all the combine talent on both of our teams and I can't throw farther than him, yet I sure can't win a SB even in my dreams either.

I think the point is that arm strength is not a problem for either guy. If one or both dont make it as NFL starters, it will not be because of how far/fast they can throw it.

With the talent level at OL for these teams it may be a while before we know how good they can be.

Originally posted by Nerm

I think the point is that arm strength is not a problem for either guy. If one or both dont make it as NFL starters, it will not be because of how far/fast they can throw it.

With the talent level at OL for these teams it may be a while before we know how good they can be.

My point was that I was misquoted for Arts amusement I don’t have a beef with you, thanks.

Archived