Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis commented on his secret weapon

DirtySkin21

I was reading an article on Jason Campbell and I saw in another press release that Clinton Portis called Jason Campbell the perfect weapon for our offense.

Now I don't know about y'all but to hear portis say that means a lot to me. I also love the fact that everyone has said they have seen an improvement in JC already. He's hungry and is hungry to learn and win. I really feel like this season is gonna be a good one.

the only way we will be bad is if we can't stay healthy. plain and simple:2cents:

and I also think Campbell is underrated, I mean I just love how he doesn't let pressure get to him. That is so critical in clutch situations that we have lost so many times before. I really think he's the real deal. I think it would be awesome for the redskins to have the 2nd african american qb along with the 1st, and they wear the same number and everything. I think that would be an awesome feat. I think mr.gibbs has the ability to show some haters up.

ironically, i still like ramsey, I think if he was coached right ramsey could have been a good qb. I always liked ramsey no matter what anyone says. even better then brunell. anyone remember when brunell went down and ramsey stepped up and threw two tds? I mean the kid has the skill, he was just a product of the steve spurrier era. I think hewill do pretty good in denver

I know they don't. I still play with JC though. I'm quite nasty at madden, its the only game I play.

anyways, his stats will be way better in madden 08. I think if people see philip rivers as the real deal then they ahve to see jason campbell in the same light. Look at what team philip has. and jason didn't have portis last year like rivers had LT.

So just wait fellas, I think/hope that we are going to have a hell of a season. If we don't and we fall flat. I think im going to stop worrying about the offseason and just watch the games when they come on during sunday. because I know im not going crazy and expecting differen't results with the same approach

ironically, i still like ramsey, I think if he was coached right ramsey could have been a good qb. I always liked ramsey no matter what anyone says. even better then brunell. anyone remember when brunell went down and ramsey stepped up and threw two tds? I mean the kid has the skill, he was just a product of the steve spurrier era. I think hewill do pretty good in denver

Let's put Ramsey to rest please. I liked Ramsey a lot as well. Ramsey was missing One important ingredant to be a good QB for our system (possibly for a lot of systems) and seemed never to learn it. TOUCH!!! He couldn't throw screens or fades without putting to much mustard on the pass. That is one of the main reasons JC is the perfect weapon for our system. Along with all his other talents he brings to the table, he has that all important touch on his passes.

I don't know about you'll but I am jacked up for this season to come. The offensive system that we run IMO is the best system in the league. We will see it this year. I use to watch the system closely in Gibb I and it was unstoppable. Now we have AS who is from the same system I might add putting his input into our system. AS is nobody but the guy that produced the greatest show on turf an a KC O that finished as a top 5 offense for like 5 years in a row. That tells me something. How about you? Great O-line-check>(touch) deep ball ability all over the field-check>(touch) Screens-check>2 great RB with playaction-check. JC with his intangibles (poise, touch, better accuracy, timming, and scrambling ability) along with this system makes JC the perfect weapon. Forget BC!!! I want JG for his final year in 08. Then put GW at HC. Then when AS decides to go, put BL as the OC. BL will know the system and we continue to be a consistant team. We will have a great system in place and I don't want to bring in another one. Watch what I tell ya!!;)

Yeah but it's not like CP was going to come out and say "Jason Campbell doesn't fit our offense at all and frankly I'm scared ****less of having him behind center. So yeah, we're pretty screwed for the next few years and it might be time to consider putting that old feeble white guy back in who played a bit last year, you know the one, he throws the best 5 yard dump you ever seen!"

He did a pretty good job with the Jets, so I'm sure he'll be just as good in Denver.

Like someone else said, Ramsey's never developed a touch on his passes. And he's a statue. He showed some promise his rookie season, but never seemed to improve after that.

The truth is: OUR SEASON (and FRANCHISE) rests on the shoulders of Jason Campbell.

We have NO CHOICE but to remain positive and demonstrate the utmost confidence in our young QB.

Where there is a will, there is a way... the Redskin Way!

Shouldn't you change your name to "CampbellFan?" :)

The truth is: OUR SEASON (and FRANCHISE) rests on the shoulders of Jason Campbell.

We have NO CHOICE but to remain positive and demonstrate the utmost confidence in our young QB.

Where there is a will, there is a way... the Redskin Way!

First step--change your screen name.

I was reading an article on Jason Campbell and I saw in another press release that Clinton Portis called Jason Campbell the perfect weapon for our offense.

Now I don't know about y'all but to hear portis say that means a lot to me. I also love the fact that everyone has said they have seen an improvement in JC already. He's hungry and is hungry to learn and win. I really feel like this season is gonna be a good one.

the only way we will be bad is if we can't stay healthy. plain and simple:2cents:

That's the key. Man I hate preseason games. :mad:

Even Madden 07 doesn't give much credit to Jason at all. Especially since Brunell is sooooo good in the game.
brunell sucks in 07 every time i try to throw deep with him the ball is underthrown but when i put in campbell he gets more on his passes but sometimes overthrows passes but i usually play better with campbell

Guest NebraSKIN

I want to believe CP, however he said that Taylor Jacobs was an outstanding receiver too. :doh:

Archived