Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buc's releasing Simeon Rice for cap sapce?

DirtySkin21

The speculation about Rice being cut was made back in January and some of us said that Gaines Adams was going to the Bucs because of Rice's age, ego, and attitude

We aren't going anywhere with Rice. Daniels is better against the run and yes some of the linemen looked bad primarily because they played hurt sorry that there wasn't a scroll at the bottom of the screen saying so and so is nicked just like some of the uninformed couldnt tell Jansen game wasnt topnotch because of injury or that Houston's top player played the whole season with a bad foot.

Besides save the money for other areas instead of a one year fix and in the offseason have the cap space set up to pursue a young defensive end like UFA Julius Peppers

Isn't Griffin already in the middle? Our DE are A Carter & P Daniels

Though I agree Rice is a Monster, I'd rather NOT add another vet who's been rejected by some other organization (i.e. Archuleta, Fauria, and so on)

:2cents:

while we are at it we should sign lavar arrington as DE:doh:

but to answer seriously, i dont want the team to make a short term investment on an old vet...we need to stick out this year and find a DE and more DL in next years draft.

Point being, this is only a rumor from an unreliable source. For all we know, Rice may renogiate his contract. Secondly, everyone with informative news typically post links not information they paraphrase from a Bucs website. Do you actually think people are going to trust hearsay? For all we know, you might be a Bucs fan.

Which would support him being Dirty Skin 21 for ST spitting in Pittman's face...it's all coming together now...

You guys saying that he would sign here for a chance to win another superbowl are crazy. While this team does have significant talent, we were a 5-11 team. Players from other teams are not going to take a low salary from a 5-11 team for the chance to win a superbowl.

Now all that being said, if for some reason Simeon does not generate any interest he could be effective as a third down pass rusher, but he would not be a very good every down player for our defense.

You guys saying that he would sign here for a chance to win another superbowl are crazy. While this team does have significant talent, we were a 5-11 team. Players from other teams are not going to take a low salary from a 5-11 team for the chance to win a superbowl.

Now all that being said, if for some reason Simeon does not generate any interest he could be effective as a third down pass rusher, but he would not be a very good every down player for our defense.

We were 5-11 b/c like everyyear we have constant change. Unlike other teams we can't seem to get continuity everything is a revolving door. Thats why we get whored out for being the town to move to get paid. Also, Brunell-nuff said, we put our Rookie QB in to get his feet wet, our offensive leader Portis was as if he didnt exist to us last season, we had AA, lack of a Defense, so yeah 5-11 was the outcome the previous year was a playoff season.

Who is going to make the statement that we lost ground to compete. 4th in division but we improved by maintaining a good core. I think we will rebound hard.

yes he will, he knows tha no one is going ot throw big money at him this stage in his career. and if he does then he can walk. but i think he would be smart and take a chance at winning another SB. cus no one else is going to sign him to a big contract, we are really the worse team in need of a DL right now

So why would Rice consider coming to the Skins if he wanted to win a SB this year? I know our team is upgraded from last year, but realistcally, we are not Super Bowl contenders. I'm one of those people who think we can win the Lombardi every year, but from Rice's perspective, he's at least going to want to go to a team that made the playoffs last year (if he really wants to win).

Either that, or he's going to want to go to a team that will pay him the most bucks. I pray to God that we aren't that team. I share your concern for the need to bolster the DL, but a guy who has maybe 2 years left in the tank, is not a good long-term solution for DE.

Isn't Griffin already in the middle? Our DE are A Carter & P Daniels

Though I agree Rice is a Monster, I'd rather NOT add another vet who's been rejected by some other organization (i.e. Archuleta, Fauria, and so on)

:2cents:

Yeah, I agree. Rice is a smaller pass rushing DE like AC only he's a year older than Daniels :yikes: and coming off shoulder injury. So he probably won't have the speed that a pass rushing DE needs and his shoulder means that he may or may not be effective with his hands in pass rush. Plus his presence opposite off AC would mean two smaller DEs on the field which would prompt opposing teams to lick their chops and run the ball at the edges. This is would not be a good move for some many reasons IMO.

can someone pull up his stats

Ask, and you shall receive...

TOT SOLO AST SACK STF STFY FF BK INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

2006 20 16 4 2.0 3 13 4 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

Career 464 395 69 121.0 38 87 34 0 5 48 9.6 30 0 56

Which would support him being Dirty Skin 21 for ST spitting in Pittman's face...it's all coming together now...

are you actually serious? if i liked the buc's, I would say i like the bucs. BUt, i bet you guys can't produce me a picture of when you were maybe 2 years old rocking a redskins hoodie at the old busch stadium(arizona) well I can, cus my family has been skins fans since the 60's bub. so i don't wanna hear anymore talk about me not being a fan.

the word DIRTY, isn't derogatory, it means in my meaning "nasty" because ST is in fact, rediculously talented, good(nasty).:applause:

please tell me you were playing.

Wouldn't hurt, we need the depth a DE anyway. I can see him and A.C. dropping into a zone coverage and or OLB's Marshall and Washington blitzing. So many variations of different zones you could pull off w/ these DE's and DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING TO THE EDGE HB'S! A.C. is great at containing runners off the edge, just watch him against the Falcons last season. We all know what Rice can do, he shuts down anything going his way running, throwing screens, or short slants.

He'll want (and deserve) more than minimum contract. More than we can offer.

You're right, because he deserves more than the minimum. We talking about one of the best pass rushers in the game. Man the Redskins better make a legitimate play for this cat if he gets on the market.

Ask, and you shall receive...

TOT SOLO AST SACK STF STFY FF BK INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

2006 20 16 4 2.0 3 13 4 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

Career 464 395 69 121.0 38 87 34 0 5 48 9.6 30 0 56

That was his worst year due to a very week DL. Plus he played 8 games last year. So these stats mean nothin!

Archived