Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buc's releasing Simeon Rice for cap sapce?

DirtySkin21

I have heard from a couple of people that are bucs fans that they might be getting rid of simeon rice to make room for the cap? has anyone else heard about this? I think if they do let him go, we should def grab him up to a 1-2 year contract and he could be opposite carter and have griffin in the middle. That would make an immediate impact, and we have done a lot worse investing in vets before, at least simeon rice knows how to get to the QB and could also teach our younger players a few tricks of the trade. :2cents:

check rice's stats. he is a monster

I heard from a couple of ground hogs that the Chargers were going to let go of Shawn Merriman maybe the Skins should sign Merriman to a 2 year contract or maybe the ground hogs to a scouting job.

:applause: ....

oh I mean :laugh: :rolleyes:... was that supposed to be funny? because I was being dead serious. I'm sorry I go to college full time and have a job and i can't save every reference I read an article from. What article was this already discussed in because I havent seen it? Or since that it's already been discussed no one is allowed to answer my question? because i still dont know, tahts why im asking. I wasn't asking for smart ass remarks. I'm getting tired of the some of the responses a lot of you little punks who have a smart ass little computer mouth and run it constantly online. I thought we were all family in here, why so much hostility and snobbyish towards my question/comment? I dont understand it, some of you act like cowboy fans

He could be opposite carter and have griffin in the middle. :2cents:

Isn't Griffin already in the middle? Our DE are A Carter & P Daniels

Though I agree Rice is a Monster, I'd rather NOT add another vet who's been rejected by some other organization (i.e. Archuleta, Fauria, and so on)

:2cents:

but rice wouldnt be rejected for any other reason besides its time for him to move on, becaue they are getting younger, "gaines adams" and they need the cap space, and we need the pass rush and sacks. and if we sign him to a 1 year maybe 2 year contract. who can that hurt? and im DEF not talking about anything like AA, i think everyone learned from that. like i said, minimum contract, and see what he produces. Honestly I think its a great idea. and we could also sign another DT or DE when the june 1st cuts come as well. BUt i certainly say we pick rice up if available to a short contract. vet min maybe. He could be an assett to our young line.

and yeah, griffin is already in the middle. that's why i said.....Originally Posted by DirtySkin21

He could be opposite carter and have griffin in the middle.

because I would rather have an Old simeon rice rather then an old philip daniels.

He'll want (and deserve) more than minimum contract. More than we can offer.

That's exactly why. There would be a few teams intersted in him, and we just don't have the cap space to get into a bidding war. Only way we could sign him is if we gave him a long term contract that didn't eat much cap space the first couple of years... sound familiar?

He'll want (and deserve) more than minimum contract. More than we can offer.

and no way, he knows he's been in the league a while now and he knows he wont bet anything more the na mediocre contract, and that's what we are offering him. I agree he thinks we are gonna win a SB before the BUCS. I think he owuld enjoy coming to this team. and exactly, an old simeon rice is better than an old philip daniels (not haitng on daniels but its fact)

I have heard from a couple of people that are bucs fans that they might be getting rid of simeon rice to make room for the cap? has anyone else heard about this? I think if they do let him go, we should def grab him up to a 1-2 year contract and he could be opposite carter and have griffin in the middle. That would make an immediate impact, and we have done a lot worse investing in vets before, at least simeon rice knows how to get to the QB and could also teach our younger players a few tricks of the trade. :2cents:

I think that would be a good move.:applause:

We'll pass on him. Spend the money else where. We have enough people in camp to compete for playing time. Let's see what we got in the locker room/camp before worrying about a 33 year old Rice. There's 6-8 DE's ready to battle for playing time. One of the young one's might surprise.

so some people DON'T want a 33 year old Sam Adams who can take up blockers with his size, but DO want a 33 year old Simeon Rice who's skill requires speed and quickness?

If we can find a third down rusher out of one of the young guys signed in the off-season (Jamal Green, Hickman, Sykes), Daniels will be fine for 1st and 2nd down - and he's good against the run.

none of those player sin training camp are simeon rice either. and who cares if he's 33?if he can still play his position good then why not? I want someone to tell me why it would be bad to sign rice?? and I think adams would work too.

Its a good idea in theory, but Carter and Rice are both weakside lineman.. How much would our run support sufffer having them both on the field at the same time? How capable is Rice in run support?

I remember the Skins wanting him back when left Arizona, but he was franchised and the price was just too high...so we settled for Bruce Smith instead :/

I think that's why you throw rice in as a situational player.. I really think he would be so valuable to help the other younger linemen get better and teach them some tricks and how he got so good and racked up alll them stats. the dudes a beast.

I think that's why you throw rice in as a situational player.. I really think he would be so valuable to help the other younger linemen get better and teach them some tricks and how he got so good and racked up alll them stats. the dudes a beast.

he won't be looking for "situational player" money.

yes he will, he knows tha no one is going ot throw big money at him this stage in his career. and if he does then he can walk. but i think he would be smart and take a chance at winning another SB. cus no one else is going to sign him to a big contract, we are really the worse team in need of a DL right now

Archived