Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is That Swagger I Am Hearing?

Commander Adama

Most of all I like how pretty much all the players are saying they need to win for Coach! See Clinton Portis, etc. That is speaking volumes about Joe Gibbs. NO the game ahs not passed him by. NO he is not too old school for the current players! He has won their hearts and minds! He is a total class act and the players see it and love him. I tell you if Joe Gibbs pulled a George Allen right now and asked the players to sing, they would! HTTR!
Im not doubting this, but Im just curious where you got that because I havent heard that. Granted, I havent heard different either. If you have a link or something, thatd be great.

Im not doubting this, but Im just curious where you got that because I havent heard that. Granted, I havent heard different either. If you have a link or something, thatd be great.
In the Clinton Portis Interview he says that most people are quick to point fingers at people, but Joe Gibbs is the most knowledgeable person he knows. And win you win, you're a genius, so they have to win for coach. Now that isn't verbatim, but it is pretty close.

I'm looking forward to a good season. Better than 05. No more giving up leads like we did in 05. We would have had a 14-2 record had we not blown those games. (S.D. T.B. OAK and K.C.)

If they put that chip back on their shoulder the D will most likely return to form. Plus the offense just ought to be better to. So I have high optimisum but its cautious also.

How you guys?

Krabber the Washington Times article can be found here.

And he says:

Time is knowledge. I think Coach Gibbs is one of the most knowledgeable people you'll ever meet. I think there's a lot of people when you are losing, they are going to point the finger at everybody. Coach, myself, Mr. Snyder and anybody else they can point it at. Once you are winning, Coach Gibbs is a genius. So we just got to win for Coach.

I would think that every team in the league has some of this sort of talk going on before the season starts. Does that mean every team in the league is going to back it up? Or do these words have absolutely no meaning?

If I were on a team that went won 10+ games last year, I'd be laughing at the teams that were bad last year that talked in this manner.

I like our potential this year, if we stay healthy. If we get injuries, particularly on our lines or at QB, we've got problems.

Its like trying to get to the gas station with your fuel light on...you can probably get there with some steady driving, but you never really no when your going to run out of gas.

I am pleased with our draft and offseason but still uncertain about our depth on the DL

Originally Posted by Shawn Springs

I'm going to have the best year of my career. I have to

Geee--- Still only concerned with yourself SS. Why am I not suprised?

I guess maybe if he doesn't have a career year he is flushing millions in the future down the drain. But he speaks from the heart....................................

Guest sith lord
swagger?

Let's see them put their ass on the line and show it.. right now it's all talk.

Couldn't agree more. There's 31 other teams that's saying the exact samethings.

Originally Posted by Shawn Springs

I'm going to have the best year of my career. I have to

Geee--- Still only concerned with yourself SS. Why am I not suprised?

I guess maybe if he doesn't have a career year he is flushing millions in the future down the drain. But he speaks from the heart....................................

Couldn't be because some people think he is washed up? Couldn't be because he loves playing Football and wants to prove that he can still play? Nah! It couldn't be any of that! It has to be because he is selfish.

:doh:

Anyone could pick apart anything that people have to say and make it negative rather than trying to give the person the benefit of the doubt. Rather than trying to see it from their perspective.

Bring it to the field.. 32 teams say the exact same thign this time of year

Exactly.

The year Pittsburgh won the SB my friend a week afterwards boasts "I told all of you they would" and I told him "you have been saying that for the past 8 years dude....wow, you are some kind of sorcerer. How do you do that? "

Archived