Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is That Swagger I Am Hearing?

Commander Adama

We will be in the NFC Championship Game...I guarantee it
Williams said he had faith in us, and he lived up to that,
The coaches have all the faith in the world that we'll get the job done, but this is a production business. If you don't produce, the next thing you know, you'll be out of here. I have all the confidence in the world that we will produce.
When I first came here, I had a chip on my shoulder...Maybe after being the No. 3 defense and then No. 9 [in 2005], we didn't have the same chip on our shoulders. This year we have a different mentality. We have a chip on our shoulders because we've been to the bottom.
I'm going to have the best year of my career. I have to

I don't know about any of you, but to me this sounds like swagger. This sounds like we have a bunch of pissed off guys who want to prove that they are better than the 5-11 Record of last year. They are on a mission and sounds like a team who is united behind their Coaches and fellow players in a common goal. That goal to absolutely destroy 13 other teams this coming season. Here's to swagger and our Redskins!!! HTTR!

I wouldn't call it swagger just yet. Definitely confidence and determination. The swagger will kick in after a dominating 7-0 start. Then the steam rolling begins.

HHTMFR baby. They gonna go out there and get it done this year. Can we say Superbowl Championship bound? (Far fetched but hey gotta dream)

:cheers:

The defensive side of the ball will determine if this team indeed has swagger or just a limp from too many self indulged confidense builders without the test.

I really hope Springs stays and proves his doubters wrong. Now, if only we can pick up a DE to go along with Carter and/or a DT to raise havoc along the line.

I agree 100% with this post! Things I have heard and read recently from these players is something that has been missing for the past years. It is not to the point of ****iness instead they sound serious about playing as a team and striving to win.

I love it!

Love the enthusiasm! I can certainly sense a degree of simmering purpose driven by last year's flop and the media's lashing. However, swagger is something I am incapable of reading or even hearing. It is something I need to see and inevitably feel.

Here's to seeing the truth behind the swagger unfold on September 9th. :cheers:

I think it is very different than last preseason. Last preseason it felt ****y, like they weren't hungry. This preseason they sound hungry. I am not saying they are Superbowl Bound or anything. I am saying however, I like how players are sounding. I like that there is no drama (except invented drama by the Talking Heads). I like how you don't hear any players speaking out about the organization. I like what Joe Gibbs has done.

Most of all I like how pretty much all the players are saying they need to win for Coach! See Clinton Portis, etc. That is speaking volumes about Joe Gibbs. NO the game ahs not passed him by. NO he is not too old school for the current players! He has won their hearts and minds! He is a total class act and the players see it and love him. I tell you if Joe Gibbs pulled a George Allen right now and asked the players to sing, they would! HTTR!

I don't know about any of you, but to me this sounds like swagger. This sounds like we have a bunch of pissed off guys who want to prove that they are better than the 5-11 Record of last year. They are on a mission and sounds like a team who is united behind their Coaches and fellow players in a common goal. That goal to absolutely destroy 13 other teams this coming season. Here's to swagger and our Redskins!!! HTTR!

Yea, this sounds a lot different than last year. These guys have a chip on their shoulder and the belief that they are better than they've shown. Can't wait for the season to start!

Archived