Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Redskins re-sign lemar marshall?

Yeah, somehow I think it will depend entirely on his, and other LBers, play this season. Also, if he can be re-signed at a backup salary, he will be. If he is looking for(or is offered by other teams) starting money, he would most likely be gone.

You people make me smile :). Dude, the guy arguably had a pro bowl year in 05 and last year he uped his tackles and didn't get many chances for picks. He was too busy covering gaps that Holdman should have likely been in. Marshall will be used at the Will spot I suspect. Unless he is slowed by his shoulder surgery, I don't see Mac starting for Marshall. Rocky ain't not da' sharpest crayon in the shed when it come to foozball smats :paranoid:

HTTR

Landry is faster, stronger, and can jump higher then taylor therefore hes more versatile?

Landry

40yard- 4.37

425-pound bench press

37.5-inch vertical jump

Taylor

4.54 in the 40-yard dash

365-pound bench press

34½-inch vertical jump.

Measurables and 40 time are completely different than game speed. But, your point is well taken. Taylor is more versatile than Marshall because he can do more things, at a higher level, on the football field. This has yet to be seen for Landry, but he very well may be more versatile than Taylor. If he is, then :cheers: to us for having two scary safeties back there.

This has yet to be seen for Landry, but he very well may be more versatile than Taylor.

Taylor could play 3 positions of incredibly varying skill level and athletic make up - LBer, CB or either saftey - easily may I add.

Plus Landry isn't as fast as Taylor is, close, but Landry is much faster as a sprinter than on field. Both beasts though, and taylor is 235 pounds when he cuts weight for the season. Freakish.

Rocky ain't not da' sharpest crayon in the shed when it come to foozball smats :paranoid:

HTTR

Highest INT test scores of any defensive player in his draft The sporting news specificly said he will be able to take plays from the classroom to the field in his post draft report last year, can't quote that in text though... I'm sure I posted it somewhere on this board

From Scout.com profile

versatile, smart performer who will fill a need at weakside linebacker. McIntosh has the size and speed to be a three-down linebacker, something that the Redskins haven't had at the position in several years.

another scouting report

Smart (31 on the Wonderlic) and athletic (41 1 /2-inch vertical jump, No. 1 among linebackers). Has had all kinds of injuries and appears certain to be rejected medically by some teams. Compared by some to Green Bay's Nick Barnett. "This guy is better at the point," one scout said. "He plays more physical and tough than Barnett. If he gets out in space, he's fast and quick."

one more

couting reports on Redskins' 2006 draft selections Below you'll find excerpts from PFW's 2006 Draft Preview by Nolan Nawrocki. The 200-page book also provides in-depth notes and a summary on each of the nearly 600 prospects profiled in the book. The book can be purchased at PFWstore.com in either print or electronic format. It will provide a handy reference as the 2006 NFL season approaches.

Roger "Rocky" McIntosh

Positives: Very active. Has a great motor. Comes from a military family and leads by example. Is smart, mature and versatile, having played inside and outside. Plays fast, instinctively and flies to the ball, forcing teams to account for him. Has great range and makes a lot of plays all over the field and in the backfield. Good open-field tackler. Can cover backs and tight ends and has good man-cover ability. Shows good short-area quickness and burst. Has smooth hips and can really run when he opens up his stride. Stays on his feet through traffic. Athletic enough to recover when he gets out of position. Very good production.

Wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I'm sensitive about the nasty rumor of Rocky not playing because he is "dumb" and holdman is "smart". There is no basis on that in any way that I've read.

***edit***: sorry for the triple post:2drunks:

Archived