Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 defensive line free agents

dfbovey

if the panthers don't lock up peppers and a bidding war ensues, it would be scary to think what The Danny might offer. i could see "highest paid defender in nfl history" not being a stretch
I could also see our first or second rounder being gone to get him for this year. Not what I think we need and would rather trade a third or fourth for Schobel.

We need to stretch and make due with the WR's that are already on the roster. Things can't get any worse for Lloyd than last year..... plus Betts caught 53 passes last year...Campbell won't be primarily looking to dump it off like Brunell-so I think the ball will be greatly spread around and like our '06 motto that didnt get lived up to "Pick your poison" will finally be installed. I can't wait for the pass game to be uplifted, and see drives not stall out.

DB's the only hang up there is Springs....Taylor will get what he wants- he just is impatient and is an idiot, aas he starting barking orders for more money after 1 year. Luckily he seems ghetto enough if we leave some rims on his door he will STFU long enough to deserve an increase.

OL- not really an issue- maybe to prepare 1 more guy if we don't already have him on the roster in case the unspeakable happens.

DL- is the only concern heading...That should be easy. We are shopping for Big, big bodies. If we take away the run game in that aspect, and let our DB's cover we will generate a pass rush by default. This team has very little bumps heading into the season. We are flying below the radar if the NFC EAST doesn't realize it.

ugggh annother d-line thread..where is the list for db's and/or wide receivers..

With 3 starters over 30 and only 19 sacks last season, it's pretty clear that defensive line should be a need that's addressed next offseasons. Especially since it was ignored this year.

And you could find the lists for DB and WR at the same site. Have fun.

With 3 starters over 30 and only 19 sacks last season, it's pretty clear that defensive line should be a need that's addressed next offseasons. Especially since it was ignored this year.

And you could find the lists for DB and WR at the same site. Have fun.

This scout year is going to be more important than who knows, just a big year. Alot of needs with able compensation to get our shopping done.

The first 2 rounds should be exclusively DL. The rest would just be icing on top And a little FA move to fill DB depth and we seem like a dynasty getting formed. DL is the only thing holding us back from kicking arse.

I'd take Pat Williams in a heartbeat. He may be alittle older, but he's still a top two-gap DT that can be just what the doctor ordered for us. I highly doubt Terrell Suggs is let go. He's still a really young, talented DE that gives them a huge pass rush. No way Baltimore lets him walk.

Dear God,

This is Derek, can you please let Terrell Suggs come play for the Redskins next season. Thanks God

Love,

Derek

Please be careful of what you wish for. Every offseason we have the most dreamiest wishlist of FA's. What pisses me off is not that we go out and get only the biggest names with the biggest contracts, but they get here and produce NOTHING!!!:doh:

I like this thread and everything because it something to help pass time until the regular season starts, but show me something that may not be an eyesore later.:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

With booming salary caps each year, I think we'll see less and less marquee free agents hitting the market. You saw this this year, and only really Nate Clements and Adelius Thomas hit the market, when many expected others like Asante Samuel, Lance Briggs, etc. etc. to be available.

I'd be shocked if Suggs and Williams were available. I have a feeling that in the next few years, we may rue the draft in which we didn't take Adam Carriker

With booming salary caps each year, I think we'll see less and less marquee free agents hitting the market. You saw this this year, and only really Nate Clements and Adelius Thomas hit the market, when many expected others like Asante Samuel, Lance Briggs, etc. etc. to be available.

I'd be shocked if Suggs and Williams were available. I have a feeling that in the next few years, we may rue the draft in which we didn't take Adam Carriker

I remember NFL network saying last August about how the Skins shopped so hard b/c next year (current point we are in) will be like the lowest amount of FA's on the market in years or so... Not sure about the outlook next year but really DL and a few spots here and there are all thats needed..

I remember NFL network saying last August about how the Skins shopped so hard b/c next year (current point we are in) will be like the lowest amount of FA's on the market in years or so... Not sure about the outlook next year but really DL and a few spots here and there are all thats needed..

Of course, every year there is always a position in which we think we are strong and it turns out that it becomes an Achilles heal. In years past, with Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell, many thought we had a solid quarterback that would be able to take us to the promised land. Last year, we all assumed that we had a terrifically solid secondary and no one guessed that our run defense would be as bad as it was. The year before that, few figured our #2 and #3 receivers would contribute as little as they did. And of course, you can never overlook the potential for injuries. With such little depth on the offensive line, for example, and with such an older line in comparison to most, one crippling key injury is not out of the question.

I just have a feeling that because there will always be teams with an immense more amount of cap space than we have, and because teams will have far more maneuvering room to resign key free agents under the cap, there will be less of a crop to choose from. With the escalating cap each year, I just foresee more and more Nate Clements examples and less quality to choose from. That is why I am so excited that we have a full draft in the foreseeable years to come, as that really will be the only true way to build a franchise from here on out, and not just for one Superbowl run but for many.

Maybe its time to consider building our own guys. Our reserves are expected to prepare for starting. If Williams keeps a guy around, that says alot on its own. GW expects alot out of his team, understandably IMO. Anyone he wants to "home grow", i trust his eye for talent.

In regards to adding another star, I've loved it in the past. Its given us a really strong start building a team. But our Kings & Bishops have been set in place, around the roster board. The group of hard-working and striving pawns, IMO, will start to pop up this year. Each year someone unpopular surprisingly steps up and makes a name for himself. If they fail to do that teams are forced to reach to veterans, out of desperation and likelihood for success.

Anyone can succeed if they work hard enough and not lose focus. Lets hope we have some capable "upcomers" going into this season. They should be our future starters.

here are some D-Line I'd like to go after next season:

Chris Long, DE, UVA

Dexter Manley Jr., DE, Oregon

Good d-lineman from some college

I don't care what round, one of our first day picks should be on a DE next year. I think someone from LSU looks pretty good too, name slips me right now.

tyson jackson is the guy you are thinking of. dude is 6'5" 292lbs. i havent seen him play but that is huge for a defensive end. another interesting guy is the defensive end from miami caliais campbell 6'8" 282lbs. that is peppers size for the people that clamor for us to go after him in '09. i am a canes fan and he is seen as one of the best defensive line prospects in college football. either of these guys would instantly boost our defensive line.

yeah but look at simeons stats.. we dont have to sign him to a long term contract but he def would boost up our line instantly opposite carter. seriously, he has how many forced formbles? an how many sacks? and then sign someone else to a short term contract in-case he gets injured, which he doesn't get injured barely ever. We don't want to build our line through FA. WE need to do that through the draft. Right now we need to sign whoever has the best chance right now at improving our line and helpoin us get turnovers. And i thinkg rice has that ability and has proved it. WE got a couple of young D-linemen that could be coached by rice and hopefully they will step up and show they have what it takes. I mean does that sound too awful too buy into> because i think we have done way worse.

problem is that he wont be a free agent until next year and by then we will have our targets in the draft. im hoping (praying actually:silly: ) that we pick up one of the people that i mentioned above. besides if he is still good dont you think that tampa will resign him? gruden loves vets almost as much as coach gibbs. we seriously need to address the line next year with wynn and daniels being free agents and most likely leaving. unless they sign for vet minimum plus incentives:cool: .

Archived