Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 defensive line free agents

dfbovey

He's on OLB, isn't he?
He is a 3/4 tweener'. He is not even close to anything we need or would use.

Rice I could see working here. Our LB corps are more of an upfield type and help with running plays. He takes off on running plays, but between him and AC coming off the eddge, should help against the pass and turn over battles.

problem is that he wont be a free agent until next year and by then we will have our targets in the draft. im hoping (praying actually:silly: ) that we pick up one of the people that i mentioned above. besides if he is still good dont you think that tampa will resign him? gruden loves vets almost as much as coach gibbs. we seriously need to address the line next year with wynn and daniels being free agents and most likely leaving. unless they sign for vet minimum plus incentives:cool: .

actually i have heard some talk of the bucs cutting rice for cap room. and they just drafted younger at the DL, therefore, I think if they do cut rice, we should DEF grab him up for a 2 year contract. NOthing big, unless he shows he isn't slowing down anytime soon. and after he produces, we throw him an extension.

yeah but look at simeons stats.. we dont have to sign him to a long term contract but he def would boost up our line instantly opposite carter. seriously, he has how many forced formbles? an how many sacks? and then sign someone else to a short term contract in-case he gets injured, which he doesn't get injured barely ever. We don't want to build our line through FA. WE need to do that through the draft. Right now we need to sign whoever has the best chance right now at improving our line and helpoin us get turnovers. And i thinkg rice has that ability and has proved it. WE got a couple of young D-linemen that could be coached by rice and hopefully they will step up and show they have what it takes. I mean does that sound too awful too buy into> because i think we have done way worse.

It would be Bruce Smith all over again.

simeon rice is too old. we need to draft some linemen or sign someone no older than 27 so that we get at least three solid years out of him.

I would say 30 or younger, but the younger the better. Our DL is getting old, but at least we have some young prospects (Evans, Golston, Montgomery).

who better to step in and make an instant impact and also teach the younger ;prospects how he gets to the qb so much. I mean it just makes sense to me. We always sign vets anyways, why not be smart and sign a good vet to a small contract. Who could also sort of be that position coach

I TYPED..... jesus christ.. :-\

I am pretty sure there is an edit button, but I guess you want to add to that post cost. As far as DL next year, I don't think we draft one unless Vinny goes, b/c he has been quoted as saying you dont need to draft DL. Out of that group, I want someone under 27 who is a big body to fill Joe's empty place when he departs next year.

I would be very surprised if the club doesn't use the 2008 picks to add at DE.

I doubt we are going to see that many more major FA moves like the one for Archuleta or the trade for Lloyd that ended up backfiring on the team.

These moves are high risk and in 2006 the club finally got burned on a couple of these at once and the results were disastrous.

Each year fewer and fewer true pro bowl caliber performers reach free agency.

Guys like a Reggie White or Deion Sanders no longer come up on the market.

Instead teams pay $80 million for Nate Clements and $50 million for Leonard Davis :)

Don't knock Suggs, hes big with room to add more, and besides, Baltimore is going to a 4-3 and Suggs is gonna be playing with his hand on the ground. We'll see how he produces, but he can be an effective defensive end for us. He's pretty solid against the run and not to bad in coverage, again versatility is what make Williams schemes work, but we really need a 2 gap DT. It makes up for having small D-ends

is there any decent LB's that can be converted to DE that y'all think would be a beast at DE?. I wonder if marshall could convert to a DE opposite carter, then we wouldn't have t osign anyone. hahaa im juist talking to myself.. no one chop my head off please!

Archived