Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sean taylor mia theory

Stone Cold

hmm. something about VOLUNTARY has me thinking he decided not to show up. He hasn't shown up before. big deal.

Picture yourself

Your boss asks you to come in on a saturday, but it's voluntary, so if you dont want to go, then you don't have to and no harm no foul.

what would you do?

everyone needs to chill out with these consipiracy theories.

Sure, but lets deal with all the facts not just a selection. Picture your boss calling you several times and asking you to call them. And you just decide to blow it off and refuse to call him back. Do you think you'd have a job after that?

I love Taylor, but he signed contract and he needs to honor it. We need to sign other players that actually have contracts coming up this year (Cooley to name one).That said, I really don't think that Taylor is holding out I think that he's just doing his thing like he has done in the past, and he will be here IN SHAPE and ready to go when the mandatory activities start.

Sure, but lets deal with all the facts not just a selection. Picture your boss calling you several times and asking you to call them. And you just decide to blow it off and refuse to call him back. Do you think you'd have a job after that?

uh. little bit different, he has a contract and they can't fire him. They had this exact problem with Santana where they couldn't get in contact with him, he shows up for all the MANDATORY stuff, and he has a monster season. Whats he going to do, sit out for a whole year, get NOTHING, and then try to get a new contract? guess what, he's still under contract for next year.

Does anyone think ST is just suffering from a Diva attitude and is upset that there is a new Safety stud alongside him.

No, that wouldn't make sense. He is busting his ass down in MIA, and I guarantee you he is working as hard or harder than anyone @ Ashburn.

I love Taylor, but he signed contract and he needs to honor it. We need to sign other players that actually have contracts coming up this year (Cooley to name one).

Honor what? His contract isn't guaranteed, this isn't the NBA or MLB, you best restructure your contracts.

Hell the freaking REDSKINS don't honor their contracts by constantly restructuring player's contracts, thats the way this cap situation works.

hmm. something about VOLUNTARY has me thinking he decided not to show up. He hasn't shown up before. big deal.

Picture yourself

Your boss asks you to come in on a saturday, but it's voluntary, so if you dont want to go, then you don't have to and no harm no foul.

what would you do?

A I'm not under contract, ST is.

B Boss has called and you still don't call back... Shows some bad attitude if you ask me.

C I don't get paid millions of dollars to do my job (though I think I should), ST does not to mention millions pay attention to what these guys do...

Sean is working out in MIami. He'll be there until require to show up for mini camp.

Taylor has never said he is unhappy with his contract. STOP GUESSING/ He likes to workout in MIAMI.

i sincerely hope that you're right and he is working out in miami. for my .02, the players from the "u" get it done...on their own terms, but they get it done. i hope he's working out and is ready to step in when he signs on the dotted line...and, obviously, earns the $

:applause:

Can't argue too much with that... Though I do think ST is more valuable, we need to show character and ethic gets paid first.

i'm a cooley apologist, but:

te & gamechanging safetey's are in different ball parks...heck, they're not even the same sport. believe me, i want to see the both in b&g for their entire respective careers. however, make me the gm, i'll take an st over cooley every day and twice on sun.

cooley's attitude is awesome....i love his tude and energy for the game. can sellers and a someone else produce similar results?

...look at the numbers. talk intangibles?....cooley has the great attitude which leads us to believe he's a great locker room asset, but...you can't place a stat on the number of incompleted passes because st was roaming the field...or the...no kidding, enforcer attitude that is brought to our d with one single man alone. the man with cb skills in a lb body.

pulled it from the following:

Taylor, Springs Are Early No-Shows

By Howard Bryant

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, May 9, 2007; Page E01

"Sources added that Director of Player Personnel Vinny Cerrato and Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, had been in discussions in recent weeks regarding a contract extension for Taylor, whose contract expires after the 2008 season."

Oh MAN! Owned. OOOOOWNED!

i'm a cooley apologist, but:

te & gamechanging safetey's are in different ball parks...heck, they're not even the same sport. believe me, i want to see the both in b&g for their entire respective careers. however, make me the gm, i'll take an st over cooley every day and twice on sun.

cooley's attitude is awesome....i love his tude and energy for the game. can sellers and a someone else produce similar results?

...look at the numbers. talk intangibles?....cooley has the great attitude which leads us to believe he's a great locker room asset, but...you can't place a stat on the number of incompleted passes because st was roaming the field...or the...no kidding, enforcer attitude that is brought to our d with one single man alone. the man with cb skills in a lb body.

As I said earlier, I think ST is more valuable. I am not arguing that. What I am saying is you pay work ethic and a guy who shows up to 'voluntary' OTA's before you pay a guy who has had off the field trouble (as well as on the field trouble) and a guy who doesn't show up for 'voluntary' OTA's.

ST is the most valuable player on the D. But again, I think we should pay the guy who is here, now, for his teammates.

Does anyone think ST is just suffering from a Diva attitude and is upset that there is a new Safety stud alongside him. Maybe he fears we won't love him anymore.......sad ST

How could anyone not want to hang with Joe Gibbs and not show up??? Me and Joe would have Bunk beds and be like peas/carrots.

ah love you jo-ey

ah maht not be a smart man but ah know what love is.

sorry dude the peas and carrots made me think of forrest gump:laugh:

I sorta worry one of the reasons we drafted LL was so that we could let ST walk. Especially considering the new crackdown by the NFL on off the field incidents.... skins might just have been covering their asses

no we drafted landry because he was the best defensive player on the board.

I love Taylor, but he signed contract and he needs to honor it. We need to sign other players that actually have contracts coming up this year (Cooley to name one).That said, I really don't think that Taylor is holding out I think that he's just doing his thing like he has done in the past, and he will be here IN SHAPE and ready to go when the mandatory activities start.

the thing that is funny about this is that there are all these people saying that we offered springs his contract and we should honor it but we should tear up taylors contract because he wants to get paid more. does anyone see the irony in this? maybe taylor should call springs and tell him to take a pay cut so that taylor can get a raise. im sorry but they gave taylor 10 mil just for signing his name on his contract. that is more money than i will ever make so maybe he should be a little grateful that he makes that much when a lot of us dont.

no we drafted landry because he was the best defensive player on the board.

the thing that is funny about this is that there are all these people saying that we offered springs his contract and we should honor it but we should tear up taylors contract because he wants to get paid more. does anyone see the irony in this? maybe taylor should call springs and tell him to take a pay cut so that taylor can get a raise. im sorry but they gave taylor 10 mil just for signing his name on his contract. that is more money than i will ever make so maybe he should be a little grateful that he makes that much when a lot of us dont.

Haven't you ever heard of double standard? Both should be restructured.

that is more money than i will ever make so maybe he should be a little grateful that he makes that much when a lot of us dont.

yeah...that is the Frankenstein's monster of professional sports...athelete 'entitlement'. Damn..I just want to have a decent career that I can raise a family and pay bills with.

But honestly, I really can't blame ST for not going...contract issues or not. I mean, when you are that caliber of player do you really really think that 'boyscouts' camp would be the best use of your time? Anyways, I don't think anyone would disagree that Gibbs and the FO would be in a much better situation IF they had made better decisions LAST offseason and with Ryan Clark, Lavar, and A. Pierce.

And look what happened to Sanatana at the stupid OTA..groin pull!:doh:...dang, I'm really hoping he can stay away from the injury bug this year.

Haven't you ever heard of double standard? Both should be restructured.

i agree completely. i think that taylor should be a redskin for life. i just think that its funny that the same people that are saying that the redskins should honor springs contract dont think that taylor should honor his. he is going to get paid. he just needs to honor his contract as well if we are going to talk about nobility and doing the right thing.

as far as the whole situation i see this as much ado about nothing because no one has heard anything from taylor.

Exactly. There's no such thing as honoring a contract nowadays. If you sign a 3 year contract at 500k per year and the first 2 years of the contract you make the pro bowl, you'll have it restructured. You can't pick and choose when you want to honor a contract or not.

Apart from any possible "character" issues, the Skins should use this season to determine whether S. Taylor can COVER before renewing any contracts.

i guess his first two years ment nothing to you ?can ST cover SMH

i guess Landry will be our cover Saftey lolololololololololololololololololololol!

no one fears landry!how many dropped passes from WR if there is no ST back there?

Picture yourself

what would you do?

And you need to chill out with comparing a normal 9-5 job with that of a professional football player. So lets say you don't show up for a "Voluntary" saturday shift of work, which you would be compensated for in some way, then lets say your boss screws with your in times over the next couple of weeks, how about (s)he tells you that week of vacation you picked no longer works for the company and you need to wait. Unless you're a multi-millionaire and or have the protection of a strong union, something ST has, and the majority doesn't, you are going to be a little more cautious about skipping out on "Voluntary" work days, or not returning your bosses phone calls, something ST has also done numerous times.

You see in the real world were most hard working people highly value their job in order to provide for their families there are no "Voluntary" days of work, it's called a work day or an off day.

Archived