Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Great Baron

Spaceman Spiff

Holy crap. Kirilenko's dignity didn't even leave him a "Dear John" letter on the way out.

Dude, just quit. Go find an empty log cabin and write a manifesto or something. Ain't no way you'll ever invoke fear on a basketball court again.

Barown3d.

:laugh:

I see that and I think, "Man, I miss Bill Laimbeer."

That doesn't happen on a real big man. Baron's on his ass, putting a second back support on, back in the Bruise Brothers or Bad Boys days :0. I remember actually catching a guy who was 6-8 and was about to leap over my head to throw down on me and walking him out five feet then dropping him. I got a technical, but, he never came within 15-feet of the basket the rest of the game :). When one can not jump, one must use what he has.

I say this as the greatest MJ lover on this board: Baron Davis is having a near-MJ string of playoff performances. What I mean is, it's not about points (Kobe, looking at you) or pure stats but about the impression, the charisma of a player and his ability to leave a stamp on a game and through his leadership/dominance/passion the entire feel of WATCHING the game changes.

Baron Davis is absolutely amazing right now and he's doing it on a bad knee a bad hammy, the flu and a bad shoulder.

That doesn't happen on a real big man. Baron's on his ass, putting a second back support on, back in the Bruise Brothers or Bad Boys days :0. I remember actually catching a guy who was 6-8 and was about to leap over my head to throw down on me and walking him out five feet then dropping him. I got a technical, but, he never came within 15-feet of the basket the rest of the game :). When one can not jump, one must use what he has.

But that's cheap and while I appreciate hard fouls, the stuff the Pistons and Knicks would do wasn't hard fouls it was a ruination of basketball and rewarded thuggery over skill.

Jordan dunked on the Pistons too and scored what 59 and 50s on them before...it's on youtube posted by hoopsencyclopedia. He has a library of MJ performances on there and after watching them and remembering some of them, without a doubt MJ is the greatest player of all time and Kobe and the rest are merely children. Shotblockers have been dunked on, even Hakeem got facialed by KJ.

As for the Baron's antics afterwards, I can't help but think of Redman's lyric: "Lift my shirt, all mammal!"

If that were me you had pulled that on I would have gotten up and beaten your ***. It's one thing to give a guy a hard foul when he's about to throw one down on you. But it's quite another to do what you describe doing. About the only way I can see what you did being justified is if the game were already out of reach and the guy was trying to rub salt in the wound. Other than that you were out of line.

Archived