Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another 2008 Mock Draft??????

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

1. texansb_logo.gifHouston Texans: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas Arkansas_logo.gif
    I had the Texans ranked as the worst team in my Power Rankings prior to the draft, so that's why they're picking first in this very early mock. It's all about playmakers on offense, and excluding Andre Johnson, the Texans just don't have any. A running back corps of Ahman Green, Ron Dayne and Wali Lundy isn't going to get it done. Darren McFadden is currently the consensus No. 1.
  2. cowboysb_logo.gifDallas Cowboys: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville Louisville_logo.gif
    This is obviously way too early for a receiver, as there is no Calvin Johnson in this class. If the Cowboys have the second pick -- this will likely change once I compile my new Power Rankings -- they will trade down to a team needing a quarterback. In this mock, Minnesota.
  3. dolphinsb_logo.gifMiami Dolphins: Jake Long, OT, Michigan Michigan_logo.gif
    Miami didn't address the offensive tackle position in the 2007 Draft, which is something I think they will regret by Week 8. However, given their drafting habits, they'll probably take a long snapper or something instead.
  4. redskinsb_logo.gifWashington Redskins: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU LSU_logo.gif
    Let's see: Can't get to the quarterback? Check. Can't stop the run? Check. Don't draft a single defensive lineman in the 2007 Draft? Are they that dumb?
  5. lionsb_logo.gifDetroit Lions: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida Florida_logo.gif
    Some say Derrick Harvey's a better pro prospect than Jarvis Moss, who went No. 17 to Denver. Harvey recorded 11 sacks in 2006, so the Lions would love to have him, especially after missing out on Gaines Adams.
  6. raidersb_logo.gifOakland Raiders: DeSean Jackson, WR, California California_logo.gif
    There's talk that DeSean Jackson may be able to run a 4.2 in the 40. If that happens, he'll likely be the first receiver taken, particularly by Al Davis, who loves speed.
  7. vikingsb_logo.gifMinnesota Vikings: Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan Michigan_logo.gif
    This is part of a trade I'm projecting with Dallas, as Minnesota would love to move up and secure Brian Brohm, the top quarterback in this class.
  8. giantsb_logo.gifNew York Giants: Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland Maryland_logo.gif
    The Giants will quickly find out how foolish it was not to secure a decent left tackle in the draft.
  9. billsb_logo.gifBuffalo Bills: Early Doucet, WR, LSU LSU_logo.gif
    This isn't their biggest need, but I think the Bills would love to add a potent No. 2 receiver across from Lee Evans.
  10. cardinalsb_logo.gifArizona Cardinals: Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia WestVirginia_logo.gif
    The expiration date on Edgerrin James could be set to expire soon. James turns 30 a few months after the 2008 Draft, and has already shown signs of slowing down.
  11. falconsb_logo.gifAtlanta Falcons: Chad Henne, QB, Michigan Michigan_logo.gif
    This season is do or die for Michael Vick. Something tells me he'll either quit on his team, flip off the fans or get into trouble with the law again. If the Falcons fail to reach the playoffs, Bobby Petrino may draft a signal caller in 2008.
  12. ramsb_logo.gifSt. Louis Rams: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC USC_logo.gif
    The Rams neglected the interior of their defensive line in the 2007 Draft. After another year of sucking against the run, they won't repeat their mistake.
  13. panthersb_logo.gifCarolina Panthers: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami Miami_logo.gif
    Word is Mike Minter is planning to retire after the 2007 season. Carolina will need a young safety regardless.
  14. Bucsb_logo.gifTampa Bay Buccaneers: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas Texas_logo.gif
    I can't believe the Buccaneers were so cheap that they couldn't land Calvin Johnson. It came down to giving up both second-round picks, and they just wouldn't budge. Yeah, have fun with Aaron Sears and Sabby Piscitelli. Much better than Johnson. Wide out still needed.
  15. chiefsb_logo.gifKansas City Chiefs: Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson Clemson_logo.gif
    Will Kansas City finally come to its senses and realize it needs to draft some offensive linemen to replace the ones that retired? For the sake of Chiefs fans everywhere, I hope so.
  16. packersb_logo.gifGreen Bay Packers: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona Arizona_logo.gif
    Respectively, Charles Woodson and Al Harris will be 32 and 34 at some point during the 2008 campaign. Antoine Cason could be the future of Green Bay's secondary.
  17. titansb_logo.gifTennessee Titans: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma Oklahoma_logo.gif
    Robert Meachem was just sitting there at No. 19. I just don't get it. Maybe the Titans will finally realize they need to get a legitimate weapon for Vince Young.
  18. patriotsb_logo.gifNew England Patriots: James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State OhioState_logo.gif
    One position I thought the Patriots would add depth to in the 2007 Draft was inside linebacker. That'll happen here.
  19. eaglesb_logo.gifPhiladelphia Eagles: Sam Baker, OT, USC USC_logo.gif
    I'm tempted to give the Eagles another quarterback. What if Erik Ainge is the best player on the board, Big Red? Jon Runyan will be pushing 35 by the 2008 Draft. It'll be time for the Eagles to find a new right tackle. Sam Baker will join William Justice, his old teammate.
  20. steelersb_logo.gifPittsburgh Steelers: Jonathan Goff, ILB, Vanderbilt Vanderbilt_logo.gif
    James Farrior will be 33 by the start of the 2007 season. It's for the Steelers to find his heir apparent.
  21. jaguarsb_logo.gifJacksonville Jaguars: Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC USC_logo.gif
    Reggie Hayward went down last year and it wasn't pretty. Jacksonville needs depth at defensive end, especially considering that Bobby McCray may leave next season, while Paul Spicer is getting up there in age.
  22. jetsb_logo.gifNew York Jets: Marcus Monk, WR, Arkansas Arkansas_logo.gif
    Justin McCareins has been a huge disappointment as a third receiver, so the Jets could be interested in one of the best players remaining on the board.
  23. ravensb_logo.gifBaltimore Ravens: Paul Oliver, CB, Georgia Georgia_logo.gif
    By the start of the 2008 season, Chris McAlister and Samari Rolle will be 31 and 32, respectively. Young blood will need to be pumped into Baltimore's secondary.
  24. bengalsb_logo.gifCincinnati Bengals: Dan Connor, OLB, Penn State PennState_logo.gif
    The Bengals didn't select a linebacker in the 2007 Draft, which I thought was a mistake.
  25. seahawksb_logo.gifSeattle Seahawks: Mike Hart, RB, Michigan Michigan_logo.gif
    Shaun Alexander will be 31 by the start of the 2008 season, and he's already shown signs of declining.
  26. bearsb_logo.gifChicago Bears: Adarious Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State OklahomaState_logo.gif
    Muhsin Muhammad may be entering his final season with the Bears, given his massive contract and age (35 in May 2008). Adarious Bowman is much bigger than him.
  27. coltsb_logo.gifIndianapolis Colts: Xavier Adibi, OLB, Virginia Tech VirginiaTech_logo.gif
    The Colts didn't add a big-time linebacker to replace Cato June. They may pay for that in 2007.
  28. cowboysb_logo.gifDallas Cowboys: Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State SanJoseState_logo.gif
    Terence Newman, Anthony Henry and Aaron Glenn aren't exactly young. Newman will be 30 in September 2008, while the latter two don't have many productive seasons remaining in the NFL.
  29. broncosb_logo.gifDenver Broncos: James Hardy, WR, Indiana Indiana_logo.gif
    Considering Rod Smith is getting up there in years, I'm shocked the Broncos didn't draft a receiver.
  30. chargersb_logo.gifSan Diego Chargers: Ray Maualuga, ILB, USC USC_logo.gif
    The Chargers lost three veteran inside linebackers this offseason and only acquired two rookies. I sense a weak spot.
  31. saintsb_logo.gifNew Orleans Saints: Frank Okam, DT, Texas Texas_logo.gif
    A bit of a drop for Frank Okam, but the Saints will take it. A defensive tackle remains a need.
  32. patriotsb_logo.gifNew England Patriots: Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina SouthCarolina_logo.gif
    The Patriots will probably trade this pick. If not, another inside linebacker to eventually replace Tedy Bruschi and Mike Vrabel.

tr1 is an amazing man. He can take something like a member of ES posting a mock draft and make accusations of the intentions of the poster.

AMAZING.

WB, try to be objective. You know why this thread was started. It's perfectly appropriate on a pukes' board...but it really is in bad taste here.

posting mock drafts is a troll thread :laugh:

I almost peed myself when I read tr1's response. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't like the fact that your picking 4th tr1? Isn't that two mocks they have you 4th on??

Hey, at least you're getting more respect from these guys than from the crew at Cold Pizza, they had you guys picking 1st (provided you didn't trade away that pick for a 3rd round tailback this year that is):silly:

posting just to incite is trolling

So you agree tr1 is a troll? Good to know.

posting useless threads that bring nothing of value is a nono

when did mock drafts become against the rules? I have seen thousands on this site. Admit it if this mock had redskins picking 31 you wouldnt be saying any of this

I almost peed myself when I read tr1's response. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't like the fact that your picking 4th tr1? Isn't that two mocks they have you 4th on??

Hey, at least you're getting more respect from these guys than from the crew at Cold Pizza, they had you guys picking 1st (provided you didn't trade away that pick for a 3rd round tailback this year that is):silly:

WB, do you need more proof?

posting just to incite is trolling

posting useless threads that bring nothing of value is a nono

Baloney. If this mock had the skins picking in the late rounds, a word wouldn't be said and you know it.

What do you mean it brings nothing of value? It's giving you what they believe to be the top 32 players in college football. Now we can all keep our eyes on them because we know who they are and who they play for.

Don't be so bitter.

Some say Derrick Harvey's a better pro prospect than Jarvis Moss, who went No. 17 to Denver. Harvey recorded 11 sacks in 2006, so the Lions would love to have him, especially after missing out on Gaines Adams.

pretty sure they chose not to take him, they didnt miss out on jack ****

So this guy is predicting a Saints/Patriots SB........

If I'm not mistaken he's also predicting that the cowboys QB will be none too good. Why else would they take a QB at #2 unless they were dissatisfied with Romo sits to pee?

If I'm not mistaken he's also predicting that the cowboys QB will be none too good. Why else would they take a QB at #2 unless they were dissatisfied with Romo sits to pee?

He addressed that on his mock

If the Cowboys have the second pick -- this will likely change once I compile my new Power Rankings -- they will trade down to a team needing a quarterback. In this mock, Minnesota.

This is a troll thread.

You're on a Skins board.

You really are Dwight Schrute aren't you? :laugh: ... And Bubba don't sink yourself this low man. tr1 creates threads to incite 100% of the time. What's wrong with a mock draft? It's not like the op made it up? Bubba I want to believe that you're smarter than tr1 but sometimes you make it hard.

Archived