Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

now that we have landry and taylor

Knowing Gregg Williams, I am sure we will see that alot. I hope he finds some new ways to exploit the talent he has, because whatever he was doing last year wasnt working. We need to come out next year and catch some teams by surprise. We need to be as good at blitzing as we were in Gregg's first years here. That's the only way to make up for our lack of a pass rush.

GW already likes playing a lot of 8 man fronts which, essentially, is a 46 front. My feeling is, with the athleticism both of those guys have, we'll be really good at disguising coverages this year. Both can start out lined up in the box and back out at the last second and still cover deep. We'll play plenty of eight man fronts but I don't know that we'll just line up in 46s. I think it'll be a lot more playing games with QBs on where people will line up though we'll end up in what amounts to a 46 plenty of times.

Williams will use them often and in different ways. Both can blitz, cover, and are good in run-support. Taylor will probably blitz more I feel since Landry can cover as opposed to Archuleta. Plus, Prioleau, Fox, and/or Stoutmire will provide solid depth.

I think Gregg stated earlier in the off-season that he wants to mix up the defense and adjust. So, I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see some 46, Cover 2, and 3-4 used this year. The more the better (as long as we play them well), because it would be just another thing for the opposing offense to worry about and gameplan for.

That'll def. be kept in GW's mind. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that and maybe some 3-4 this season, seeing as we got H.B Blades.

Don't have a Nose Tackle for that. That formation would basically=automatic audible by the opposing offense into a run. Gotta have big bodies. But yeah I like the idea of moving guys around, although we were supposed to see that with Andre Carter sometimes this past year and Archuleta weren't we?

That's really something to consider. STATS Inc. credits ST with the most touchdown catches allowed in the league, and also the most missed tackles.

GW is a tricky guy. We need to get this defense turned around, but as Guru said in another thread, there is kind of a total makeover that needs to happen as well. Maybe Landry's confidence and attitude helps there.

That's really something to consider. STATS Inc. credits ST with the most touchdown catches allowed in the league, and also the most missed tackles.

GW is a tricky guy. We need to get this defense turned around, but as Guru said in another thread, there is kind of a total makeover that needs to happen as well. Maybe Landry's confidence and attitude helps there.

I think a lot of that is because with his speed and ball seeker ability he is always there, but not always in good position. Some help in the secondary should help with Sean's development. He is still nowhere near as good as he can be.

I think Smoot is the key to the blitzing. Before Smoot left we were blitzing CONSTANTLY. Seriously. After Smoot left we blitzed rearely. I think G Will was scared to leave Rogers out on an island. Hopefully with Smoot and Landry we can get back to what we were doing the first two years.

Archived