Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Our Biggest Need was a Pass Rush and We Still have not addressed it...

AsiaticSkinsFan

Gotcha...

I like Landry... but this team did not need to boost its secondary, you cannot build a defense starting from the secondary... you build it from the line up... 3 DLs went in the top 10 and none are Redskins... our pass rush has been a problem since Bruce Smith was here... and it still has not been addressed :(

Unless Andre Carter plays like he did at the end of the season (and that is a hope), then we will be in trouble again

Hahahaha, get ready to be Ban number 36 Asiatic. Sorry bout your bad luck.

lol... Im on a suicide mission... talk bad about the Redskins and that is the end of your life on this board...

but on the real, this makes no sense... WE HAVE NOT HAD A PASS RUSH SINCE BRUCE SMITH RETIRED FOUR YEARS AGO!!! the chances of this working are slim to nil... u can have Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, Darrell Green, and Ken Houston... and if we have no pass rush they are going to be crap again...

no we won't. I don't need to explain it again.

:koolaid: Keep drinking the coolaid. The most important impart of a defence is it's line. Our D-line was the weakest link coming into FA and the Draft. It still is.

We did get some needed depth in the draft for certian positions. However we need 2 new starters on the D-line. Didnt get it. It's gonna be rough to watch the "D" again this year.

People seem to forget that we didn't have any dominant pass rushers 2 years ago when this defense was at its best and carried us to the playoffs. Williams needs to get back to those blitzes that made the defense what it was in those days and hopefully with the addition of Landry, GW can do just that.

People seem to forget that we didn't have any dominant pass rushers 2 years ago when this defense was at its best and carried us to the playoffs. Williams needs to get back to those blitzes that made the defense what it was in those days and hopefully with the addition of Landry, GW can do just that.

2 years ago, Phillip Daniels played like he was Bruce Smith for the last 5 games of the season... the year before that, we blitzed like crazy and it confused the league... we got figured out the playoff year but our line stepped up at the end of the season... we are in trouble on defense... we havent had a pass rush on our line since Bruce Smith left...

That's what I say too. We also played last season with Salave'a injured and out, and Griffin wasnt playing 100%.

:koolaid: Keep drinking the coolaid. The most important impart of a defence is it's line. Our D-line was the weakest link coming into FA and the Draft. It still is.

We did get some needed depth in the draft for certian positions. However we need 2 new starters on the D-line. Didnt get it. It's gonna be rough to watch the "D" again this year.

i just started another thread asking about the dline, i know you and i agree that it blows, but ask yourself, why did gibbs and blache completely ignore the Dline in free agency and the draft?? seriously.

2 years ago, Phillip Daniels played like he was Bruce Smith for the last 5 games of the season... the year before that, we blitzed like crazy and it confused the league... we got figured out the playoff year but our line stepped up at the end of the season... we are in trouble on defense... we havent had a pass rush on our line since Bruce Smith left...

See, I think that's where I (and a lot of people, I think) might disagree with you. I don't think you just figure out a blitz. If you could, I don't think 3-4 defenses that rely on blitzes EVERY passing down could ever survive. As long as you are creative and have effective blitzers, you should be able to get to the QB. Now, in 2006, we really didn't have any effective blitzers (what with Holdman, Wright, and Fox manning three big blitzing spots), and that definitely hurt.

But we were a good pass-rushing team in both 2004 and 2005, putting up 35+ sacks in both years. And neither year did we get any production whatsoever from the DEs (for more in-depth numbers, feel free to check out the OP in this thread: http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197212). As long as A) GW trusts his secondary to cover and protect his blitz, B) we get improved production on the blitz from Springs, McIntosh, and Landry, and C) GW rediscovers the extra "G" in Gregg, we should be just fine getting to the QB with our blitzes. I could be wrong, but it sure worked in 2004 and 2005...

lol... Im on a suicide mission... talk bad about the Redskins and that is the end of your life on this board...

but on the real, this makes no sense... WE HAVE NOT HAD A PASS RUSH SINCE BRUCE SMITH RETIRED FOUR YEARS AGO!!! the chances of this working are slim to nil... u can have Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, Darrell Green, and Ken Houston... and if we have no pass rush they are going to be crap again...

I was going to let your first post go. But, not this one. Enjoy your time off :).

Archived