Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Un)Official Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Thread

@DCGoldPants

I didn't see this posted and I did search...

Peterson signs with Washington Redskins

April 30, 2007

By Tom Haley Herald Staff

The phone call to Tucker Peterson's family home in Clarendon on Monday at 8:30 a.m. brought an end to a weekend of frustration and suspense. The Washington Redskins asked him to report to a camp for workouts Thursday.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070430/NEWS/70430002

http://condraft.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=5839

Tucker Peterson 68 6' 2.0" 310 0.00 OG 2007: Best OG in IAA football. Gets so low and wins. Weird stance. Does not look like he could possibly win one-on-one in drive blocking the way he starts, but he consistently does. Stays with his man in pass pro, and is very experienced and technically strong in pass pro. Priority UDFA also. GRADE: Slightly positive

Sam is practice squad if he even makes the team

he's probably just trying out on the rookie day Gibbs always holds. - We usually see locals there every year. - We may keep him through mini-camps to use as a camp arm until Bramlet gets back from Europe.

I'm interested to see what Carter can do. We could use a real NT if Big Joe does not return to form. Can anyone tell us a little more about him?
He's certainly not going to replace.... how many undrafted rookie free agents do you think make the final roster?

But I do know Terry Caulley out of UConn. He grew up in Lusby, MD... about an hour southeast of DC in Calvert County. He was all-everything in high school... is small, but ridiculously fast and battled through some rough injuries at UConn. Awesome character, lightening quick, very shifty, all-around great guy. Set many of the MD running back career records back in 2002... ran for 306 yards in the state championsihp game, despite losing 7-6!

I actually taught him in the classroom... and saw all of his high school games and many of his college games. He's a running back... but I'm sure the Skins are looking at him as a 3rd down back and return man. He's only 5'7", 185, but is strong as an ox and ran between a 4.32-4.37 in the 40 (official times at a number of workouts). At least he's got a shot. I'm sure they signed at least 8-10 others... how can we find out who they are?

Here's a link for more information on this signing:

http://blogs.courant.com/sports_uconn/2007/04/football_draft_.html

I think Salavea and Griffin will be back in a big way this year. And if Golston and Montgomery plays well... the Redskins' D may shock some folks again like we did in 2005. I think the fact that our secondary was NEVER at full strength last year hurt our 30somethin' DEs and DTs. Because we couldn't cover, we couldn't stop crucial 3rd and long plays, meaning the big guys had to stay on the field longer than normal. It basically wore them out. When that occured, we couldn't stop the run either.

We have significantly improved our defensive backfield. Our D-backfield will be better than in '05. Our linebackers will be better than '05. Even though I don't think the DE/DT position will be better on paper, the fact that the other two areas will be better will help our 'mature' DE/DTs. We will add some depth. We should be able to get off of the field more often on 3rd and longs. We should have a better chance of getting more big plays on defense. Also, the offense will be better..... allowing the team to better control field position. I think the 'Skins will be fine this year..... If we don't win the division outright, we should still be in the playoffs this year.

The Giants will have a marginal running game without Tiki, and Eli has never scared me. I don't think McNabb will ever be the QB he used to be.... plus our new speed on defense will keep him off-balance. Dallas will probably need 2 years to adapt to its new schemes... and again our speed on defense will keep them off-balance too.

Skins win the division.

Another LSU Tiger:DB. :cheers:

LSU’s list of free agents who inked deals on Monday include: running back Justin Vincent with the Atlanta Falcons, defensive back Daniel Francis with the Washington Redskins, punter/kicker Chris Jackson with the Buffalo Bills, offensive lineman Peter Dyakowski with the New Orleans Saints, offensive lineman Brian Johnson with the Arizona Cardinals, defensive back Jessie Daniels with the Carolina Panthers and defensive lineman Ryan Willis with the St. Louis Rams.

Redskins.com is listing the following UDFA's signed by Washington;

Daniel Francis CB LSU

Stephon Heyer OT Maryland

Marcus Mason RB Youngstown State

I didn't see these guys listed throughout this thread.

and some devils...

Eli Nichols, DL, Duke

John Talley, CB, Duke

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=8217

11/27/06 - PRO PROSPECTS: DL Eli Nichols (6-4, 260) lined up at both nose guard and defensive end for the Blue Devils and was considered a good pass rusher who might have gotten a look in the later rounds of the draft. But he had a knee injury that cost him two games, and then after coming back from that, he had a foot injury that knocked him out.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=8237

11/29/06 - All-ACC Conference First Team: For the second straight year, Duke cornerback John Talley has earned first team All-ACC honors. A senior from Duncan, S.C., Talley received 140 out of a possible 160 points for selection -- the third-highest total among defensive players behind Clemson's Gaines Adams (157) and Wake Forest's Josh Gattis (149). The all-league citation is the third for Talley, who received second team honors in 2004 and first team accolades in 2005. He becomes the first Blue Devil to receive three all-conference awards since Sims Lenhardt in 1997 (1st team), 1998 (2nd team) and 1999 (2nd team) and Duke's first player to garner a pair of first team honors since Chris Combs in 1998 and 1999. Talley leads the ACC and ranks fifth nationally with his seven interceptions this year. A starter in all 12 games, he amassed season totals of 42 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, eight pass breakups, two caused fumbles and one fumble recovery to go with his seven interceptions. Talley is the ACC's all-time leader in interception return yards (395) while ranking second on the league's career chart for interceptions with 18. In 46 career games at Duke, he produced 183 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 33 pass breakups while scoring three touchdowns on interception returns.

11/29/06 - A starter in 33 career games as a Blue Devil, Talley is the 26th player in Duke gridiron history to receive first team All-ACC accolades in two seasons. Other Duke defensive backs to achieve the accomplishment are Ray Farmer (1994-95), Dennis Tabron (1980-81), Bill Hanenberg (1971-72) and Rich Searl (1969-70-71). Talley owns the following Duke records: Career interceptions (18), career interception return yards (395), career pass breakups (33), career total passes defended (51), career interception returns for touchdowns (3; tied), career return yards per interception (22.0), single-season interception return yards (172 in 2004), single-season return yards per interception (43.0 in 2004), single-season interception returns for touchdowns (2 in 2004; tied). He also owns the fourth longest interception return in school history with an 85-yard effort against Maryland in 2004. Of his 18 career interceptions, Talley recorded three against Georgia Tech, Florida State and Virginia Tech. He posted two interceptions versus Clemson and single picks against Boston College, Connecticut, Maryland, Miami, VMI, Navy and Alabama.

11/27/06 - PRO PROSPECTS: CB John Talley - His size (5-11, 180) is not ideal, but he has shown he can make plays. Some team might want to take a chance on him late on the second day.

Archived