Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

wow i have lost hope with this FO

jbooma

I dont think anyone wanted to trade up... :(

I hope this is the case although I'm mystified that both Peterson and Quinn could be there and we wouldn't get a nibble from Miami or Atlanta at least.

So now we have two "super-safeties" and still one of the worst DLs in the league.

Hopefully we'll trade next year's first to move into the second and upgrade at that crucial long-snapper spot.

God this sucks.

I know, but I also have a feeling someone offered us something decent. Remember we need players and picks period.

But, just as likely, as Art said,nobody offered. You take the BAP. We still have options on the dline. Smart move IMO.

I really cannot understand why the Skins went in this direction. This pick was really a sketch to say the least.

What FO genius sold this one to us? This FO defies putting needs first.

As far as I'm concern, this was boneheaded ill-pick.

The Redskins deserve all the criticism it will take. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

u people are crazy, like someone said above they did what was smart and selected the best defensive player in the draft...they can and will get another DL before the season, but i dont think its smart to draft a DL that early in the draft...look how that worked out for the texans last year...

and no one put the Redskins in the position of having to beggar the #6 pick to gain extra picks except the REDSKINS :mad:

we traded those extra picks in past years, often stupidly, for players that are either no longer in town or are not as productive as had been hoped.

if the Redskins had those extra picks and were able to pick a guy like Quinn and sit on him they might have been able to get a trade for value by the middle of round 1.

Let's face it. Nobody else is as desperate to make a deal as the Redskins were to get Campbell or to move up for McIntosh.

Other teams value these picks and don't part easily with them.

Dude, our secondary is now set for the next 10 years. Minnesota or Miami weren't going to trade b/c Peterson or Quinn is def. going to fall to one of them. I like this pick, and come the season, you will too. You also can't rule out that we won't end up making a trade for another draft pick in an upcoming round at some point.

I hope you are right but I really doubt it very much. The amount of money it will take to keep this secondary happy long term pretty much keeps me from thinking we can keep these guys together for more than the next 3-4 years. Add to that the fact that you have to be able to stop the run with 7 guys in this league and keeping this group together may not help that much.

I hope I like this pick come time for real games but right now I am thinking about how brittle our current two starting DTs are and how ineffective the guys behind them are in stopping the run.

You are right, how can anyone be displeased with Landry. He was rated the best defensive player in the draft. I understand that we don't have any other day 1 picks but this guy was the top rated player on the board. It takes two to tango in a trade and we were probably not getting good value for the pick. We will have the best safety tandem in the league, mark my words.

I'm not saying Landry wont be great. It just boggles my mind that we didnt pick a D-Lineman.

This is yet another example of the FO looking at a player in a vacuum. Can Landry become an elite safety? Maybe, he's got as good a chance as anyone I suppose, but does he fit our scheme and needs?

We've got a ferocious hitter in the secondary. We need a calming influence for ST. We need to generate more pressure. Even if, for the sake of argument, he was the best defensive player available, that doesn't mean we needed to pick him. I've had enough of safeties who deliver ferocious hits but give up long TD passes.

I have to say that I'm not disappointed in the pick. I don't think there was a DT/DE worth the #6 pick in this years draft. I believe Washington couldn't trade down, so they did picked the best defensive player in the draft with Landry.

Redskin till I die! :point2sky

So am I. Im still betting that Landry wont make much of impression. That our D-line will be in worse shape than last year, and we'll finish with a loosing record.

I wont be happy with that, and I bet you wont be either. :logo:

Archived