Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't bring sexy back.

Rodriggo

1) Sending me a PM entitled "great argument" whose body was simply composed of the words "your an idiot" was not only mature, it was a clear mastery of English.

2) In case you missed it, an argument is the point which you are trying to make. Argument, position, point, opinion, etc. are all synonymous in this instance. Sorry for your misunderstanding.

3) You're arguing that if Betts acts more like Portis, in terms of not fumbling and improving his blocking, then he'll be more valuable than Portis.

Brilliant.

:jerk:

Haha, this is hilarious. :applause:

No, I also think he just isn't as talented as CP. I believe CP has the cutback ability to break the big one where I know Betts runs straight very hard and occasionally makes a cut. CP is just more elusive (talented).

There is no way that anyone can honestly compare Betts and CP. CP is one of the best RB's in the league. If you don't believe me, check his contract and compare it to Betts'. People pay more for better talent. Don't get me wrong, Betts is a solid player that I love having on this team, but he is NOT and will NEVER be as good as Clinton Portis...End of Discussion.

1) Sending me a PM entitled "great argument" whose body was simply composed of the words "your an idiot" was not only mature, it was a clear mastery of English.

2) In case you missed it, an argument is the point which you are trying to make. Argument, position, point, opinion, etc. are all synonymous in this instance. Sorry for your misunderstanding.

3) You're arguing that if Betts acts more like Portis, in terms of not fumbling and improving his blocking, then he'll be more valuable than Portis.

Brilliant.

:jerk:

So, ur sayin ur not a idoit? :(:silly:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss . . . the abyss gazes also into you. -Friedrich Nietzsche "

Slateman,

I studied a lot of Nietzsche in college. This is, by far, one of my favorite quotes. Solid signature choice...:cheers:

There is no way that anyone can honestly compare Betts and CP. CP is one of the best RB's in the league. If you don't believe me, check his contract and compare it to Betts'. People pay more for better talent. Don't get me wrong, Betts is a solid player that I love having on this team, but he is NOT and will NEVER be as good as Clinton Portis...End of Discussion.

AA is better then Ed Reed and Sean Taylor?

Now that is hilarious

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss . . . the abyss gazes also into you. -Friedrich Nietzsche "

Slateman,

I studied a lot of Nietzsche in college. This is, by far, one of my favorite quotes. Solid signature choice...:cheers:

I studied a little. And by little, I mean I read one of his books. And by his books I mean Cliffs Notes. And by read I mean skimmed :silly:

yep ok I officially want My name changed to "Uber Sexy" :D

Nice. Not quite "Sex Cannon" like KSK calls Rex Grossman, but I could like a name like "Uber Sexy"

Trading down and getting more picks is the smart thing to do, so based on the track record of this incompetent front office you know that will not happen.

Trading down would be the smartest thing to do, but it is also one of the hardest moves to pull off right now. Not many teams want to jump up and take our #6. Miami was rumored to be willing to do so but now I'm hearing that they most likely wont do that.

So if it doesn't happen you can't call the FO incompetent for not making it happen. Its easier said than done.

:cheers:

Honestly, I think it's going to be "sexy" and Johnson, or, boring and Briggs. It's breaking one of those two ways. Those against Briggs, prefer the sex appeal of people they've never played over a player who's an All Pro. Those against the sex appeal of Johnson, for lesser prospects, are against maximizing your chances at success.

Seems to me, the WORST position to be in is the one where you espouse taking ANYONE BUT the best player on the board if you can get him. Of course, now I have to contend with people, "Yeah, but this means we won't have a first next year." So what. If you miss on Johnson, we won't be worried about next year, because we'll be complaining about Johnson. If Johnson is GREAT, we'll be taunting other fans for NOT being so bold :).

Honestly, I think it's going to be "sexy" and Johnson, or, boring and Briggs. It's breaking one of those two ways. Those against Briggs, prefer the sex appeal of people they've never played over a player who's an All Pro. Those against the sex appeal of Johnson, for lesser prospects, are against maximizing your chances at success.

Seems to me, the WORST position to be in is the one where you espouse taking ANYONE BUT the best player on the board if you can get him. Of course, now I have to contend with people, "Yeah, but this means we won't have a first next year." So what. If you miss on Johnson, we won't be worried about next year, because we'll be complaining about Johnson. If Johnson is GREAT, we'll be taunting other fans for NOT being so bold :).

I slept last night thinking about nothing but this thought process and I think you are exactly right. Good post Art! :) You say it better in less words than I can.

Archived