Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Fallout: Oakland takes CJ...

Veretax

Okay, I am feeling more and more that Oakland will take CJ, because he is a superstar they can build around. They can get a better lest busty QB later in the 2nd round, heck maybe they trade with green bay for aaron rogers. In either case what does this mean well I see five scenarios above us.

Scenario 1

1. Oakland - CJ

2. Detroit - Thomas

3. Cleveland - Russel

4. Tampa Bay - Adams

5. Zona - Landry

In this scenario Quinn falls, and a trade up situation may happen. This is very likely our best case scenario because if Quinn is not there I don't know anyonw will trade up if Landry is gone.

Scenario 2

1. Oakland - CJ

2. Detroit - Russel

3. Cleveland - (Trade down) someone gets Quinn

4. Tampa Bay - Adams

5. Zona - Thomas

In this scenario Landry is still there, and if noone wants to trade up we probably take him or Okoye

Scenario 3

1. Oakland - CJ

2. Detroit - Russel

3. Cleveland - Thomas

4. Tampa Bay - Quinn (or Adams)

5. Zona - Landry (or Adams)

Okay Now Landry and Quinn are both gone in this scenario, Adams could be gone and Landry would be here. If quinn isn't there, the likelihood of trading down is diminished and with landry gone too ugh!

So who do we take Adams, Okoye, Anderson, Branch, Carriker? I don't have an answer here.

Scenario 4 (Most off the wall idea very screwed up if it goes this way)

1. Oakland - CJ

2. Detroit - Adams (could have traded down with zona or cleveland at this point)

3. Cleveland - Quinn

4. Tampa Bay - Landry

5. Zona - Thomas

So in this scenario, CJ, Adams, Quin, and Landry are all gone and RUssel is sitting thera at 6. What teams might trade up in this case? would we WANT russel?

ugh I hope that does not happen i think russel is a bust waiting to happen :|

Has a team ever built a team around a wide receiver?

You build around a quarterback or running back, never a person who touches the ball, at best, seven times a game. Oh, and that's with someone who can throw the ball to him (Yes, I do know that Johnson didn't have the best quarterback) and a running game that can set up the pass.

I understand the "What if?" but if Oakland does this, then they're idiots.

Oh, wait, this IS Oakland that we're talking about . . .

Helen 'I'm an unattractive woman' Hunt?...that is who you think of when you think of someone 'busty' ? :laugh:

:laugh: I thought the same thing.

And to the original poster, I doubt we're getting CJ, but I doubt even more that Oakland takes him. If they did, who would throw to he and Randy Moss?

When a team needs a QB as bad as Oakland does they go for the best they can find, QB is not a position that you wait out and pick up the scraps on in the draft. And they would've already picked up AR if they were interested.

Has a team ever built a team around a wide receiver?

You build around a quarterback or running back, never a person who touches the ball, at best, seven times a game. Oh, and that's with someone who can throw the ball to him (Yes, I do know that Johnson didn't have the best quarterback) and a running game that can set up the pass.

I understand the "What if?" but if Oakland does this, then they're idiots.

Oh, wait, this IS Oakland that we're talking about . . .

No they haven't but CJ is a far better #1 pick and less bust likely than the two QBs. and Oakland has pick #33 and can take a QB there if they really want one that badly. Heck it may even be a QB who lasts longer than russel or Quinn. That's my point here, Cj is too good to pass up, Oakland will take him, and damn the consequences. Although someone suggested that Oakland trade picks this year for detroits #2. so they could get Russel and Quinn now that would be seriously wacked!

I'm guessing these 4 scenarios weren't influenced by Adrian Peterson's agent.

I never felt Peterson was top 5 material, not with his injury history, and its sad because he may be the best back of the last three years.

Bottom line is I think Oakland can't pass up the hotness that is Calvin Johnson and if he goes #1 what tampa and zona take could effect us majorly which is my point.

Does Oakland need a QB yes, but that doesn't mean they HAVE to go with the status quo and risk on a "ryan leaf" happening. They can draft a QB in the 2nd, and bring in some aged veteran to play for part of the season.

Everyone seems to think if you need QB you have to draft it. However QBS taken at #1 are inherently more likely to bust than QBs taken at any other pick. I ask any of you to name anyone taken #1 overall since or before peyton manning that was not a bust...

One scenerio not mentioned:

Oak- Russell, Davis loves a strong armed QB and can't get rid of Moss before the draft

TB- Johnson, just because he's the best of the draft doesn't mean he can't go #2. Gruden puts his eggs in one basket

Clev- Peterson, Crennel on hot seat, can't afford a rookie QB, goes RB as J.Lewis has 1 year contract.

Det- Adams, trades down and gets their man plus picks

Ariz- Thomas, won't let the best T in the draft get away.

Mia- Quinn, trade with Wash, even thought they get T Green

Minn- Okoye, they have a slew of safties- griffith, sharper, doss, etc. So no Landry

Atl- Landry, the player that wanted all along

Wash- Carriker, Pick up decent DE and get 1 extra pick in the second round to address DT

Hou- Levi Brown. The QB needs to stay upright for once.

This is just my guess.

Archived