Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles...

StinkNugget

I hate them but respect them.

They leave the coaches and the O/D systems in place for several years (unlike us), make solid picks in the draft (unlike us), develop young talent (unlike us), draft a young QB with enormous potential (unlike us), make wise and financially prudent FA pickups (unlike us), and find a way to resign crucial veterans to reasonable, cap-friendly contracts (unlike us).

I used to think that team would crumble without McNabb; not anymore I don't. I think they will win the NFC crown this year.

Originally posted by CounterTre

yea eaglefans always drum up certain thoughts, kinda like these...

Brilliant...

I guess I shouldn't expect anything else, fans of terrible teams regularly resort to talking smack about non-football related topics. I should count myself lucky that you aren't trying to convince me that past Super Bowl victories make your miserable team better...

:pint:

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Their fans are a disgrace and suffer from severe lack of football knowledge.

Please don't generalize - I just have to take it personally. Considering that I've never booed Santa Claus, Donovan McNabb, etc. nor have I thrown batteries at anyone and given that I have played and coached the game of football for 20 years, I just don't fit with your bone-headed comment. Maybe I should be a 'Skins fan instead and just jump off and on the wagon at will! :D

J/K - as close to smack as I will ever come!

Maybe Ramsey will give us a game this week.

The Eagles are a good team. I've been very impressed with the way they've been able to keep winning with a nobody at QB. Gotta give credit to Reid for adapting his offense to fit lesser personnel and let his defense shoulder an even heavier burden than it already did. Also have to give credit to the defesne for taking the team on it's shoulders.

And of course, there's Brian Mitchelll. :cuss:

I think Philly has the defense to handle Vick and the wildcard Saints won't be quite so daunting outside their dome. I don't know, however, how they'll stack up with the Packers, Niners or the Bucs (In Tampa) in the playoffs. San Fran and especially Green Bay go into a different gear in the playoffs, and I don't know if Detmer/Feeley will be able to keep up.

So far, though, they're shutting a lot of folks up.

Originally posted by Blazers21

Please don't generalize - I just have to take it personally. Considering that I've never booed Santa Claus, Donovan McNabb, etc. nor have I thrown batteries at anyone and given that I have played and coached the game of football for 20 years, I just don't fit with your bone-headed comment. Maybe I should be a 'Skins fan instead and just jump off and on the wagon at will! :D

J/K - as close to smack as I will ever come!

Maybe Ramsey will give us a game this week.

Blazers, you have to understand that SN's reputation preceeds him. The responses he recieves will differ considerably to the responses someone like TexasEagle would get asking the same question. the hostility in this thread is really a reflection on him more than the Eagles, or you.

Originally posted by SkinsThug

I hate them but respect them.

They leave the coaches and the O/D systems in place for several years (unlike us), make solid picks in the draft (unlike us), develop young talent (unlike us), draft a young QB with enormous potential (unlike us), make wise and financially prudent FA pickups (unlike us), and find a way to resign crucial veterans to reasonable, cap-friendly contracts (unlike us).

I used to think that team would crumble without McNabb; not anymore I don't. I think they will win the NFC crown this year.

They get most out of their redskins players and somehow light a fire in their arse. not to restate the obvious.....:D

Originally posted by luckydevi

One thing that the fans of the Cowboys, Giants, and the Eagles can agree on is that the Eagles have the worst fans.

Give me a break. The Vet sells out every week... with actual Eagles fans! Sure we boo and act obnoxious, but guess what, we are out there supporting our team to the bitter end. You never hear opposing fans drowning us out at the Vet. Even through losing seasons and terrible coaches/owners/teams the Vet was full of Philly fans every week...

What exactly is your definition of a good fan? One who sits quietly at home, sipping Merlot, glancing up from their Good Housekeeping every few minutes to check on the score of the game? Please.

That is the same town that booed Mike Schmidt. Eagle fans are horse, crude, and obnoxous. The sad thing is most eagle fans I have come in contact with know the sport, but are complete asses. To call Eagle fans loyal is a joke. They will turn on their team, players, and/or management in a heartbeat.

Originally posted by luckydevi

To call Eagle fans loyal is a joke. They will turn on their team, players, and/or management in a heartbeat.

Correction: They will boo their team, players and management in a heartbeat if they don't agree with what they are doing or how they are playing. They won't turn on them. Loyalty doesn't mean blindly accepting whatever your team does. Loyalty is caring about your team no matter how inept their players/coaches/front office is. And if you care enough to boo when they are inept, then you care a lot.

Guys,

Stinknugget is one of the more respectful, intelligent opposing fans here, so I think while we all harbor some bad feelings about a significant minority of Eagle fans, maybe we shouldn't let this thread degrade too far down the smack-lipping sinkhole.

If GB wins home field advantage, they go all the way. Otherwise, Philly gives them a run for the money.

As I've stated in previous threads, our FO really ought to follow Philly's example in locking guys up before their contracts run out. You think the Eagles wouldn't have locked up Champ or Jansen already!?! But no, our office has to wait until their contracts are up, and then only offer "value" contracts to keep them. :gus: :gus:

for all the excitement I am still waiting to see a Lombardi in the case.

the Eagles have been here before under Vermeil and Ryan, 11-5 type teams that ended up not being able to close the deal.

the one thing that all the teams in the East except the Eagles have in common is a SB win.

let's face it, the Eagles ARE a much better team than the Redskins. it would be foolish to say anything else after 37-7.

but in the end EVERY team is there at 5-11 struggling to rebuild their team at one time or another, just as the Eagles were in 1999 when the REDSKINS were winning the division at 10-6 and advancing to the second round of the playoffs :)

what matters most is what you do when you have a good team and what you do to take advantage of your opportunities.

so far the Eagles are still a ways short of bringing the sled home in that department.

start putting up a banner or two in your stadium and then you can sit back, down a brewski and talk about the good old days :D

Archived