Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX Sports - Trades that make sense.

Loxley

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6737832

An interesting article - well the part about Denver is anyway.

"Denver's Nos. 21, 56, 70 for Houston's No. 10

I know Mike Shanahan is itching to deal. He was thrilled when we talked at the owner's meetings that he was able to get Travis Henry and Dre Bly without relinquishing a day 1 pick. And with the talent compiled by Shanahan and Ted Sundquist in Denver, they need an impact player as opposed to several bodies."

Now, obviously we have the 6 pick and I figure we would need a bit more of a deal perhaps than this but we would get 2 additional first day picks if we could work out a deal with the Broncos. The first line of this article is really what prompted me, if Shanahan truly is itching to deal then we could probably offer something better than Houston - pick 6!

Due to our history of trades with Denver you think they might go for something like this, it would be nice to slide down a ways and still get some quality draft choices. I dont think sliding down to 21 is too bad if we get 2nd and 3rd rounders into the equation.

Hrm Harrel and Branch might be gone at that point... Who would we target around 21 ?

a Dback possibly?

Though you know if such a deal happens that shanny will be laughing at giving us our 3rd rounder back :|

Meriweather maybe? Spencer? Harrell? Branch? All good picks around the 21 pick in my opinion.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6737832

An interesting article - well the part about Denver is anyway.

"Denver's Nos. 21, 56, 70 for Houston's No. 10

I know Mike Shanahan is itching to deal. He was thrilled when we talked at the owner's meetings that he was able to get Travis Henry and Dre Bly without relinquishing a day 1 pick. And with the talent compiled by Shanahan and Ted Sundquist in Denver, they need an impact player as opposed to several bodies."

Now, obviously we have the 6 pick and I figure we would need a bit more of a deal perhaps than this but we would get 2 additional first day picks if we could work out a deal with the Broncos. The first line of this article is really what prompted me, if Shanahan truly is itching to deal then we could probably offer something better than Houston - pick 6!

Due to our history of trades with Denver you think they might go for something like this, it would be nice to slide down a ways and still get some quality draft choices. I dont think sliding down to 21 is too bad if we get 2nd and 3rd rounders into the equation.

You should know better than trade with Denver. In effect, the Broncos want the same defensive players as we do, so your trade with Denver has no value for us unless they want to give us back Champ Bailey.

We should keep our pick until the very last seconds we have left on the clock before announcing our intentions.

All of you trade downers ... listen up ... the FO wants a pro-bowler type. Anybody out of the top 6 or 7 is merely a project or a warm body. Stay at 6 or trade up ... thats what'll happen. I guarantee it.

Actually, they said that if they traded down, they'd be a bit more flexible. It is if they make the pick at #6, that's what they'd be looking for.

Jason

All of you trade downers ... listen up ... the FO wants a pro-bowler type. Anybody out of the top 6 or 7 is merely a project or a warm body. Stay at 6 or trade up ... thats what'll happen. I guarantee it.

you really believe only the projected top 6 or 7 draftees will be pro-bowlers? Wow! Where was Michael Westbrook drafted? And where was T.O., Jerry Rice, Rod Smith, etc selected? I personally think Jarvis Moss and Justin Harrell will be pro-bowlers in this league.

Archived