Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Redskins really want a WR in this draft...

illone

If the Skins are targeting a WR, this is who we need, not CJ. An athletic red zone guy who can catch the fade, and who won't require future draft pick compensation. His 40 time is less than desirable (4.6 range) but the exact same thing happened to Anquan Boldin. He might even slip into the 2nd round, but if we somehow make the trade with NE for their two 1st roudners, this guy would be a great selection with one of them.

If thats the receiver we want, then we want Calvin Johnson. CJ can do everything DJ can do, but do it far better, without an attitude.

McD

You know you would garner a lot less hostility in response to your posts about college football if you STOPPED USING THE GODDAMN PHRASE "Little 10."

Why not just call it the Big 10? Do you call the Big 12, the "small 12," "the *****-made 12?" Do I call the ACC the "conference where football is a nice diversion from basketball?"

Then please STOP.

Speaking of names, I really think that the Big "10" should either change their name to the Big 11 or get rid of a team, because they're sending a bad message to all of the other numbers. I mean if you can call 11 ten, then what's to stop you from calling 33 seventy five?

McD

You know you would garner a lot less hostility in response to your posts about college football if you STOPPED USING THE GODDAMN PHRASE "Little 10."

Why not just call it the Big 10? Do you call the Big 12, the "small 12," "the *****-made 12?" Do I call the ACC the "conference where football is a nice diversion from basketball?"

Then please STOP.

maybe because the little 10 is the most overrated conference in college football? :whoknows:

though I must admitt the little 12 isn't a whole lot better :D

If the Skins are targeting a WR, this is who we need, not CJ. An athletic red zone guy who can catch the fade, and who won't require future draft pick compensation. His 40 time is less than desirable (4.6 range) but the exact same thing happened to Anquan Boldin. He might even slip into the 2nd round, but if we somehow make the trade with NE for their two 1st roudners, this guy would be a great selection with one of them.

Regardless, this guy is a star in the making. He is everything the world thought Mike Williams would be, and more. He SHATTERED Pac-10 records for TD's in his career, and he was only a JR last season. He is the prototype possession receiver. Tall, athletic, and will catch anything in his vicinity. But don't take my word for it, watch the tape;).

Check him out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161084

Highlights:

This is not a "we should draft a WR" thread. But, if we do, this guy is the real deal. A perfect guy to line up opposite Moss.

I love the first highlight simply because it help show how overrated a football program ND is especially since they should have NEVER been put in the top 10. Second, it was nice to see Jarrett succeed against non-Pac-10 CBs. But alas, those ND corners where horrible also. However, I will say that Jarret looks alot better than Mike Williams and a step slower than Keyshawn. I just hopes he can get stronger and maybe be the next Plaxico Burress. I love his height as well so I take back my comments in the other thread and would be okay with Jarrett. ONLY if we can trade down and pick more picks and use the rest of the picks in this draft on defense and possibly an OG.

If thats the receiver we want, then we want Calvin Johnson. CJ can do everything DJ can do, but do it far better, without an attitude.

CJ is a better 'prospect' but CJ is not the ONLY good receiver ever to walk the earth:laugh:

There are other options available, and some that are much less expensive draft pick wise and contract wise. Dwayne Jarrett happens to be one of those options.

I don't agree with this..partly because i have a man crush on CJ but...

1) DJ is not worth a #6 pick

2) If we were to trade down and draft him I don't even think he is worth a 6-18 pick and he will be gone by the 2nd round

3) As this draft is very top heavy and the mid-late first round is not that much stronger then the 2nd round i rather stay at the top part of the draft

and yes the east coast bias must stop haha good players come from anywhere...but i do agree that theres something in the water in Florida

McD is right. The SEC puts out far better receivers than the Little 10. If you want proof look no further than our beloved Skins. Who can argue with the production of these receivers from our 2002-2003 teams...

Reidel Anthony

Taylor Jacobs

Chris Doering

Willie Jackson

The SEC except Spurriers Florida Teams :D

I don't get why McD harps on OSU's record against SEC. It stretches back through up and down years for the SEC and had as much to do with John Cooper's failures as anything else.

Meanwhile, you had no response to my counter of Michigan's 4-1 run against the SEC in bowl games. Didn't Wisconsin beat Arkansas?

As for OSU and their schedule, they are just following the SEC lead of scheduling Central Arkansas and the like so they can blow them out 58-7. Until this B©S nonsense, Big 10 teams (or Michigan at least) were regularly scheduling difficult out of conference opponents like COlorado(when they were GOOD) Notre Dame (not great but certainly not a creampuff) Virginia, Oregon and Washington (on the road out West, almost always.)

McD is right. The SEC puts out far better receivers than the Little 10. If you want proof look no further than our beloved Skins. Who can argue with the production of these receivers from our 2002-2003 teams...

Reidel Anthony

Taylor Jacobs

Chris Doering

Willie Jackson

:laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Thanks. Sorry I was so harsh, but I keep seeing everyone post about their favorite player and they don't say who it is. :cheers:

No worries. :cheers:

btw, for the record, Jarrett isn't my favorite player. CJ is:laugh:

But, CJ is a horrible draft pick for the Redskins given our current situation with draft picks. However, if we happen to work a deal to trade down, Jarrett is a guy that won't cost the team future draft picks, won't cost 10-15 million signing bonus, and will actually have to earn his living in the NFL before he sees the payday. I like my chances with the latter.

If the Skins are targeting a WR, we need Dwayne Jarrett,........ this guy is the real deal. A perfect guy to line up opposite Moss.
love the post , sick of the cookie cutter posts about oh, thats stupid we need dl, s, or whatever, why would we need a back when we have ladell betts and rock whatever. i personaly like to hear who people think will be great player.( to me its tough to argue against a player who has stood out from day 1 for the nations top program).

if everyone is so worried about their version of reality- the reality is we dont have the bullets to fix everything right now. i enjoy at least dreaming of lots of different players.-noody is giving away multiple good picks for anything we have. lets hope for one or two bigtimers.

i grew up in denver and was never a huge broncos fan but the more i read this site the more i realize the diff. between skins and broncos fans- broncos fans want to win the superbowl no matter what it takes(plummer had 5 more years of 10 wins-which isnt enough for them), many skins fans honestly believe last year was a fluke. without intending to be negative i think altot of people need to realize we need better players at almost all spots.(every team in the nfl has their own loydds, randel el's, and betts) do we have any elite players that didn't go to the u of miami?

bengals fans deep down know that they are the bengals((they know theyll never win the big game) that is why they are so happy right now for being kind of good. i fear that this is the type of attitude devoloping in redskins land.

sorry for the rant- mandalay bay poker room just burnt me down with 2 consecutive hands of pocket q's and k's and help on the flop. come on out though, there is nothing a poker room in vegas loves more than a vacationer from the east coast.

Of course:).

I'm just saying IF the Skins really are looking to draft a WR (which I doubt they are) this is the guy to take.

Round 4? No way he slips down that far.

I definitely agree.

If we had our 2nd round pick, and he fell to us it would be a must-have prospect in the 2nd round.

This guy is a BALLER and would be a complete steal anywhere in the 2nd.

ted ginn would be nice if we trade down.. he can replace santana when he gets hurt.. we all know he will at least four games

That guy has a glass jaw, isn't the least bit tough. Definitely not on the Skins radar.

There are five receivers in this draft I'd rather have than Ginn.

As far as Ohio State goes, I am sure you are already aware of their 0-9 record against SEC teams in bowl games. 9 in a row isn't a coincidence. That team has made a conscious decision to schedule no one outside of their own conference year in and year out. Unless you consider Texas early last season, with a freshman quarterback, as a quality win. This coming season is even worse. They took Texas off the schedule....and replaced them with Youngstown State. That is just absurd.

If you want a laugh.....take a look at the Ohio State schedule this season. Here is the link:

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/schedule.asp?team=OHIOST

The first nine games of that season are just ridiculous. There are 10-15 teams in the country that would go 9-0 against that schedule. And yet, we will have to hear how they are 9-0, and are supposedly good. And, we will here that some guy on their team has great stats. Do you really want to draft that guy??? Of course not. Or you could end up with another Troy Smith farce. They will run up stats against one of the weakest schedules on earth.

Can anyone honestly look at that schedule, and find one team out of their conference that is a worthy opponent? Even one, let alone two or three? Yeah, I can't either. They love to schedule no one, in hopes of going undefeated, and sneaking into a bowl game, to make claim that they are the best in the land. The problem?? God forbid they have to face an SEC team in that bowl game. Then the scam unravels.

You're a moron. This year is a fluke in OSU scheduling, and we still play a BCS conference opponent on the road(Washington). OSU has upcoming home/away series with USC(2008-09), Miami(2010-11), and Cal, and Virginia Tech. Those good enough for you?

The last time Florida played on the road against team not in SEC country was 1966.

I'll repeat, 1966!

OSU has had a bad record against the SEC in bowl games, no doubt. Remind me where they play those games again?

We played a home/away series with Texas, how is that "taking them off the schedule". Also, I guess Florida didn't play any I-AA teams last year. :rolleyes:

Archived