Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper Q & A, Questions relating to Skins, 4/11/07

Skinsinparadise

Is it just me or did he not even answer that question? Said he was big (closer to 6'6 if I remember correctly), then gave the wrong time for a pretty unimportant stat for a D lineman (Anderson ran a 4.75). Then he simply drops the question and states that Adams is the best DE in the draft, disregarding the fact that Adams was beaten by Anderson in the 10 yard dash, 3-cone drill, and 20 yard shuttle. But apparently that just means Anderson "has some quickness". I'm not saying he is right or wrong either way. Obviously you can tell by my sig I have my own opinion. I just wish he would have actually answered the question.

Never seen a DE do a 40 yard dash, 3-cone drill or 20 yard shuttle during a football game. Kiper probably thinks Adams' football ability proved during game conditions is a little more important. ;)

How many times do these workout wonders fail on the football field? Go with the game films every time if you want to be most comfortable you are drafting a "football player" and not a "workout wonder".

Adams over Anderson easily.

Never seen a DE do a 40 yard dash, 3-cone drill or 20 yard shuttle during a football game. Kiper probably thinks Adams' football ability proved during game conditions is a little more important. ;)

How many times do these workout wonders fail on the football field? Go with the game films every time if you want to be most comfortable you are drafting a "football player" and not a "workout wonder".

Adams over Anderson easily.

Uhh...so his better production in a better conference against better opponents should mean something then. I'd hardly call Anderson a "workout wonder". Actually, some people expected even more out of him than what he did as far as drills, etc. I watched almost every Arkansas game this year (Pops went there) and Anderson is absolutely relentless and is a hell of a DE on the field. When I think of workout wonders I think of guys nobody has heard of and who did next to nothing during the season but then blew up the combine. That isn't Anderson.

EDIT: The 40 yard dash thing was just showing that he didn't even give the correct stats. I completely agree that a 40 times means next to nothing for a DE, which is why I was confused that he mentioned it first.

" The Redskins don't have a second, third or fourth pick in this year's draft. Those are picks you should never give up..."

I don't care for Kiper all that much, we all know he's a bit of a windbag but hey, that's how he makes his living, prognosticating. That being said, I have to agree 110% with the above quote. I wish we could have this posted, in 36 point font, and papered on Cerrato and Snyder's offices. We just can't be competitive, truly, for another year with what we've given away. I sincerely hope we hold all our 2008 picks and if the offer is ripe, trade down so we can also get a 2nd & 3rd rounder. Any thoughts people?

If Landry is the best defensive player at that point, they have a need in that area.

There is a huge difference between the best defensive player available and the most valuable one. One look at the pay scales will tell you safety is the least important defensive position. If it's remotely close you have to prefer a defensive linemen or cornerback over a safety. Only if the safety is much better do you consider taking him.

Archived