Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

911 Operator after death: "Another one bites the dust."

China

I'm sure that there is a law that prevents people from suing others when they were trying their best to help the person... Like if someone pulls another person out of a burning car but dislocates their shoulder, I think that their suit will not hold up in court...

Aren't those Good Samaritan Laws? I think some states have them. I'm not sure all do.

I'm sure that there is a law that prevents people from suing others when they were trying their best to help the person... Like if someone pulls another person out of a burning car but dislocates their shoulder, I think that their suit will not hold up in court...

Good Samaritan Law -

Once saw a accident in front of me on 66. Truck fliped and a guy was stuck in the back. Gas was leaking so me and 2 other grabed him and yanked HARD. Cut up his leg pretty bad when we pulled him through the window, but when the car caught on fire a couple seconds later the leg was the least of his issue. Cop told me we were protected.

Meanwhile - On this call -

Why did the operator keep asking for the address? I though that came up automaticly?

For future reference, you get behind the person and grab your fist (above their belly button). Pull towards you and up repeatedly until airway is free. Note, one should try patting back forcefully first, and if victem is coughing, they are not choking.

If the victim is making any vocal noise whatsoever, they aren't choking.

Why did the operator keep asking for the address? I though that came up automaticly?

Depends on how much they paid for the 911 system. Some of them don't provide any information at all. For more money, you get a phone number. For even more money, you get an address. For even more money, the phone number and address get automatically transferred from the caller ID box (so to speak) to the fire/police/ambulance dispatch computer.

(And, of course, if the caller's using a cell phone, or VOIP, or some other technology, then well, for more money . . . )

How many people think of Groundhog Day when somebody might be dieing?

When somebody calls 911, the person who answers the call has the legal and ethical requirement to help. The person who's calling does not.

Didn't I say I wasn't I wasn't letting the 911 super off the hook? Man, people just latch on to whatever and try to twist it around on you.

I'm questioning why a person would even call about somebody choking.

Didn't I say I wasn't I wasn't letting the 911 super off the hook? Man, people just latch on to whatever and try to twist it around on you.

Apologies. I wasn't calling you out so much as just using an example. My intention was to point out that people who call 911 often aren't at their best, in terms of reasoning ability.

As has been pointed out in this thread, some folks, when considering that situation think about "what if I get sued?", for example.

Apologies. I wasn't calling you out so much as just using an example. My intention was to point out that people who call 911 often aren't at their best, in terms of reasoning ability.

As has been pointed out in this thread, some folks, when considering that situation think about "what if I get sued?", for example.

Ok, sorry. No harm no foul.

Archived