Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

video of the top rated d-linemen in this year's draft

sabadahabada

Watch the video....he looks ridiculously fast

I have watched it. Many times. You have to realize that on some of those plays he was not coming from the LOS, but from an OLB area so he had built up steam by the time you saw him come around. Adams may have better straight line speed, but as I've stated, Anderson beat him in all agility drills and is 30 lbs heavier. And having watched him play I can tell you that while Adams might have a bit faster first step, Anderson has a tremendous burst to close and is very quick.

I have watched it. Many times. You have to realize that on some of those plays he was not coming from the LOS, but from an OLB area so he had built up steam by the time you saw him come around. Adams may have better straight line speed, but as I've stated, Anderson beat him in all agility drills and is 30 lbs heavier. And having watched him play I can tell you that while Adams might have a bit faster first step, Anderson has a tremendous burst to close and is very quick.

Can anyone make a comment about another player being good without u bringing ur man crush on anderson into it, everytime i say wow Okoye looks like he had a good combine or Adams looks fast u jump all over me about anderson...I like anderson but chill

Can anyone make a comment about another player being good without u bringing ur man crush on anderson into it, everytime i say wow Okoye looks like he had a good combine or Adams looks fast u jump all over me about anderson...I like anderson but chill

It was in reference to this specific thread which was in reference to the clips in a video that we saw. Ok Adams looks fast. Good.

you guys read the thread about us trading with the Bears getting Briggs and switching our 6 with their #31, I hope not. LB ISN'T the position that needs upgrading. Actually I liked this debate because I'd like Adams but I wouldn't be crying with Anderson or Carriker.

If we make the Briggs trade, then the debate should shift to Tank Tyler DT versus Anthony Spencer, Charles Johnson. Heck these guys might not even be there at 31.

I wouldn't exactly call 6-2 295 or 6-3 304 "massive two gap DTs" and they were the guys why played DT for the Bills last season (Tripplett and Anderson), but Fletcher still managed to log 146 tackles, 2 sacks, and 4 ints. I think one of the things people are overlooking in our terrible run stopping abilities is the simple fact that we had horrible tackling. There were plenty of times we could have stopped long runs or even intermediate ones; we had the guys there to make the stops. But we couldn't tackle to save our lives, and people were very often out of position (ahem, Highway 57). Fletcher has proven that he can shed tackles and get to the ball carrier without having John Henderson in front of him. He has also proven that he has the ability to read plays and make sure everyone is in the right place to make the tackles.

Amen, all the Branch supporters cite our run defense as a reason for drafting him. But tackling is the real issue and you can coach that. Especially when you have a tackling machine like Fletcher showing by example. Fletcher and coachin solves our run defense. Coaching on the other hand does not cure our 34 year old coming off surgery at RDE. He had only 3 sacks people! We need more production from that spot. I mean Carter had 6 sacks and that was somewhat in line with what he's done over his career. I'll take that. If nothing else, a younger RDE with a good pass rush will force QBs into Carter for more sacks. All I want is MORE SACKS! Daniels can't get that for me anymore at 34. I'm tired of seeing OLD DEs on this team. WE NEED YOUTH AT DE!!!!

I want Branch because it would be nice to see our interior lineman not get blown off the ball on run plays. His presence will get Carter to the QB, we don't need two speed rushers, a la Adams, so if we do get an end then I want Anderson.

Are you saying that you are content with Daniels production at the RDE? I say draft a young DE to rotate in with him and maybe we get even more of what's left in Daniels' tank.

Archived