Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does Jemarcus Russell go in the draft?

Jeremiah_Johnson

Alot of people say that Oakland isn't a sure thing. Oakland could be trying to accumulate picks to shore up the offensive line.

Detroit could be a suitor.

There is quite a bit of speculation about Washington trading up to get him. Sounds like they aren't thrilled with Jason Campbells progress.

After all, his numbers weren't stellar, but i'm wondering if Gibbs see's the incredible poise and presence in the pocket all of the rest of us see.

I guess we'll find out come draft day.

Can you post a link for this nonsense?

TR, J_J is just rambling on again. I liked my short and to the point "why". It was simple yet inquisitive. I could have rambled on like him and said:

Why does he post comments that are not true?

Why does he post comments indicating Gibbs does not know what he is doing?

Why does he post obvious comments stating everyone will find out on draft day? Well, yes.

Why does he post information about another team, Oakland, without providing a link.

And lastly, why does he post comments that have already been discussed in other threads?

TR, J_J is just rambling on again. I liked my short and to the point "why". It was simple yet inquisitive. I could have rambled on like him and said:

Why does he post comments that are not true?

Why does he post comments indicating Gibbs does not know what he is doing?

Why does he post obvious comments stating everyone will find out on draft day? Well, yes.

Why does he post information about another team, Oakland, without providing a link.

And lastly, why does he post comments that have already been discussed in other threads?

Apologies, FJ.

Then, I must also ask him, why?

:laugh:

There is quite a bit of speculation about Washington trading up to get him. Sounds like they aren't thrilled with Jason Campbells progress.

This is false. The Skins are trading up to draft Rich Gannon. Yes, we know he has a career ending injury, but that makes it even more sneaky...NOBODY will expect us to draft someone who isn't even playing anymore. Gibbs will finally have the high-level vet QB he's been waiting for.

Then once the Sean Taylor/Brett Favre trade goes down, MAN the QB position will be set!!

So get this silly Jamarcus Russell nonsense out of here. Its BOGUS.

Can you post a link for this nonsense?

My bad. I didn't realize you needed a link to discuss rumors and speculation. But if you must have some evidence of the 'talk' or 'rumors', look no further than the stadium. There are several threads discussing Campbell to the Raiders threads and swapping picks so the skins can take JR.

You should check out the stadium sometimes when you need some info on your team. There are alot of good threads in there that didn't start out as PFT articles.

Even with all the talk, I would be surprised if the Raiders still do not take JaMarcus Russell at No. 1.

If they get Rodgers from the Packers in a Moss deal (which would be foolish in my opinion), they will probably take Charles Johnson and the Lions will take Russell at No. 2.

Another option would be swapping picks with the Browns if the Moss deal goes down with the Raiders still getting CJ and the Browns taking Russell at No. 1. Those are the only real scenarios that I see right now.

He will not be a Redskin. There are just too many reasons it won't happen to list right now.

Even with all the talk, I would be surprised if the Raiders still do not take JaMarcus Russell at No. 1.

If they get Rodgers from the Packers in a Moss deal (which would be foolish in my opinion), they will probably take Charles Johnson and the Lions will take Russell at No. 2.

i thought the raiders should have tried to trade moss for shaub in atlanta. probably would have had to given up a tad more for him, but it would have helped vick tremendously, and the raiders would have had a quality qb, and with the 1 pick, take johnson.

Porter, Calvin, shaub. Get a couple decent lineman, and they could've hit the road running. nothing wrong with thier d already.

My bad. I didn't realize you needed a link to discuss rumors and speculation. But if you must have some evidence of the 'talk' or 'rumors', look no further than the stadium. There are several threads discussing Campbell to the Raiders threads and swapping picks so the skins can take JR.

You should check out the stadium sometimes when you need some info on your team. There are alot of good threads in there that didn't start out as PFT articles.

:laugh: :laugh:

I am sorry, but I thought that was funny. If I understand you correctly, you are linking threads in the stadium as your source? I have not seen that done before and had really never considered using a thread in the stadium as a credible source for a thread created in the ATN.

So, if I understand you correctly, according to this thread as my source:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193484

The skins will start the season with lots of new players:

Give up our next 36 drafts?
I can't wait to see Jamarcus Russell hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson and throw TD passes to Calvin Johnson for the Redskins.
LaRon Landry will be lighting it up in the backfield, as Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams and Alan Branch pound the QB 25 yards behind the LOS.
Word is Danny is considering drafting Greg Oden and Kevin Durant too because of the draft buzz they have been creating lately. He's looking into trading Joe Gibbs racing for their draft rights.
Just imagine Branch, Anderson, and Simeon Rice on our D line. Man that would be great!!
Dan is bringing the sexy back? Scary!!!!

However, disregard this statement as we don't play Madden in the real NFL.

In Madden I've figured out a way to obtain the first 7 picks of the draft.

Lastly, I am now no longer worried about the NFCE with all these additions that I read about in the Stadium.

Man, why the bad attitude?

I love you. I'm just helping you out with the rules. If it was rumor or speculation, that should have bee in the title.

Otherwise, crap like this should be backed up with a link.

And, if there are already twenty threads in the Stadium, why do you choose to clutter up ATN?

I love you, man.

Man, why the bad attitude?

I love you. I'm just helping you out with the rules. If it was rumor or speculation, that should have bee in the title.

Otherwise, crap like this should be backed up with a link.

And, if there are already twenty threads in the Stadium, why do you choose to clutter up ATN?

I love you, man.

Did you just show JJ some love? I rip the guy and you turn around and show some love. Now I look like a scrub.

Did you just show JJ some love? I rip the guy and you turn around and show some love. Now I look like a scrub.

Shhhh....if you tell them you love them, they get confused...I really think he's a third rate troll...

Sorry FJ...I've got your back if he comes at you.

This is false. The Skins are trading up to draft Rich Gannon. Yes, we know he has a career ending injury, but that makes it even more sneaky...NOBODY will expect us to draft someone who isn't even playing anymore. Gibbs will finally have the high-level vet QB he's been waiting for.

Then once the Sean Taylor/Brett Favre trade goes down, MAN the QB position will be set!!

So get this silly Jamarcus Russell nonsense out of here. Its BOGUS.

Dont forget we are looking at Joew montana and Jerry Rice at the top of the draft also So many picks so many places on this team :D

:laugh: :laugh:

I am sorry, but I thought that was funny. If I understand you correctly, you are linking threads in the stadium as your source? I have not seen that done before and had really never considered using a thread in the stadium as a credible source for a thread created in the ATN.

Wow. You guys are really defensive about the Jemarcus Russell talk aren't you? i guess i would be too if my team was looking to replace a 1st round pick who I gave up a couple of draft choices for. But i digress.

I never linked any threads from the stadium. I just heard some rumors about Jemarcus to DC. Sorry if that upsets you that I don't have a link. I guess if its not written on the internet somewhere it simply isn't true.

How do you link Radio Talk shows? How do you link Newspapers that aren't online? How do you link fan speculation?

Keep you head in the sand if it makes you feel better, but people are talking. Just because you don't like what they're saying doesn't make it go away.

Wow. You guys are really defensive about the Jemarcus Russell talk aren't you? i guess i would be too if my team was looking to replace a 1st round pick who I gave up a couple of draft choices for. But i digress.

I never linked any threads from the stadium. I just heard some rumors about Jemarcus to DC. Sorry if that upsets you that I don't have a link. I guess if its not written on the internet somewhere it simply isn't true.

How do you link Radio Talk shows? How do you link Newspapers that aren't online? How do you link fan speculation?

Keep you head in the sand if it makes you feel better, but people are talking. Just because you don't like what they're saying doesn't make it go away.

Here's your first post. No mention of a radio station, off-line newspaper, or even rumor...no, just "There is quite a bit of speculation..." Not even a reference to the Stadium.

Please, don't try to make stuff up to justify this trollish post. It makes you look sillier.

Alot of people say that Oakland isn't a sure thing. Oakland could be trying to accumulate picks to shore up the offensive line.

Detroit could be a suitor.

After all, his numbers weren't stellar, but i'm wondering if Gibbs see's the incredible poise and presence in the pocket all of the rest of us see.

I guess we'll find out come draft day.

Ignoring all the speculation of him coming to Washington, I could imagine the Dolphins making a play for him if Cleaveland drafts Brady Quinn. Cameron seems ready to start over with a fresh QB, and all signs point to Miami signing Trent Green, drafting a young QB, and having him sit behind Green for a year while learning.

I just heard some rumors about Jemarcus to DC. Sorry if that upsets you that I don't have a link. I guess if its not written on the internet somewhere it simply isn't true.

If I were you, I would be more concerned about the rumors going around that Dallas is going to trade up for Adrian Peterson.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83465&highlight=rumour

Why draft a runningback when you already have two on the roster?

What is your FO thinking? You guys running the 3 back set? ;)

Guest NebraSKIN

This should clear it up:

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20070323-120732-5983r_page2.htm

No eyes for Russell

Vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato denied reports the Redskins want to trade up for the top pick in next month's draft to take LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell. He also said the Redskins do not want to deal their first-rounders in 2007 and 2008 for Chicago Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs, who vowed never to play for the Bears again after his market value was reduced when they made him their franchise player.

"There's no merit whatsoever," Cerrato said of those rumors.

Archived