Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor redskins signed Travis Fisher

Soup

He has played in only 10, 8 and 9 games the last 3 years, so he is injury prone, or maybe it was the turf.

Sounds a bit like a Walt Harris type reclamation project.

Player News

CB Travis Fisher was placed on injured reserve with a broken right forearm the team believed would have sidelined him until the last few games of the season. "The evaluation of Fisher was not real positive," coach Linehan said. "It looked more like six weeks than four." A previous injury to Fisher's forearm, in which a metal plate was inserted for stability, factored in the decision.

(Updated 11/15/2006).

5950.jpg

"I dred this signing"

Defensive Stats

Year Team.......... G Total Tkl Ast Sks Int Yds Avg _Lg TD Pass Def

2002 St. Louis Rams 14 _60 _53.0 _7 0 ____2 __0 _0.0 _0 0 __7

2003 St. Louis Rams 15 _61 _56.0 _5 0 ____4 205 51.2 74 2 __7

2004 St. Louis Rams 10 _34 _31.0 _3 0 ____1 _30 30.0 30 0 __4

2005 St. Louis Rams _8 _37 _37.0 _0 0 ____0 __0 _0.0 _0 0 __3

2006 St. Louis Rams _9 _29 _28.0 _1 0 ____0 __0 _0.0 _0 0 __1

TOTAL ______________56 221 205.0 16 0 ____7 235 33.6 74 2 _22

I just saw the report on Comcast Sportsnet tonight that Fisher agreed to a 1 yr deal at the vet minimum...

I think this signing will facilitate the move of Springs to FS and Taylor to SS...

It's definitely possible.

But as of right now, neither redskins.com or nfl.com are reporting it.

We just love to waste money... sidenote why is Warrick Holdman still not gone yet?

You have no IQ about football. This is why message boards get silly these days. Its just no nothings complaining about everything.

You have to fill out a roster. Vet minimum is the best you can do. DID THE REDSKINS OVER PAY? I am sure some of these guys will say so.

Dude will probably have about eight INT's, return 2 for TD's, and make the Pro-Bowl for the AFC squad.... Kind of like Walt Harris did in SF after we let him go after last season. :laugh:

The difference, of course, being that Harris was actually REALLY pretty good for us where Wright never really played well with any consistency.

I heard this on Comcast too. They said Fisher is expected to sign. I would LOVE it if he did, especially if it's for the minimum. He was the Rams #2/#3 CB and played well when he wasn't injured. He will be a great #4 for us, and should compete with Jimoh a lot.

Archived