Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor redskins signed Travis Fisher

Soup

If this is true, here's a little Insider info. He's listed at 5'10" 190 lbs.

Grade 62

Expert's Take:

Shows good footwork and closing speed, changes directions quickly and has good short-area man-to-man skills but is fundamentally flawed. Plays on special teams as the vise on punt returns. Has good foot quickness and speed. Fits the mold of a true cover cornerback. Shows good reaction and transition to plays in the passing game, but is not looking to make the hit. Anticipates well in zone. Shows foot speed and quickness in man-to-man and zone coverage. An undersized defender who does not play very physically. Does not pose a threat in run support. Struggles to get off of blockers in the run game due to lack of toughness and aggression in his play. Due to his lack of physical play, he often loses the jump-ball battles. Won't compete for jump balls and has trouble against bigger receivers. Lacks recovery speed. Best suited as a nickel back despite his starting for the St. Louis Rams. Needs to improve his physical play to be a solid and consistent starter in the NFL.

So what happens to Springs now?

My 2 cents. I know when it is officially confimed and seems to be, that we will either trade or dump Springs. It also opens up the fact that we still may make a trade for Bly now.

My 2 cents. I know when it is officially confimed and seems to be, that we will either trade or dump Springs. It also opens up the fact that we still may make a trade for Bly now.

Springs is what 7.5 million a year for a guy who on this squad may be competing for playing time, if Rogers comes in to camp after working out all summer with Deon than he may be the number one with Smoot a strong second.

Springs is what 7.5 million a year for a guy who on this squad may be competing for playing time, if Rogers comes in to camp after working out all summer with Deon than he may be the number one with Smoot a strong second.

He could be, but we have shown interest in Bly and wanted to sign him to a somewhat long term deal. So, my thinking is that we could sign Bly to play the other CB position with Smoot. Although, it could be that we are setting things up to trade Springs as well.

He could be, but we have shown interest in Bly and wanted to sign him to a somewhat long term deal. So, my thinking is that we could sign Bly to play the other CB position with Smoot. Although, it could be that we are setting things up to trade Springs as well.

Do we run a lot of dime and nickel packages?

Carlos working with Deon Sanders? Thats good if he is, but he needs to be working with our WR coaching staff. This season, that dude CAN NOT drop as many INTs as he did last year.

That was the point of working out with Deon, to help him as a CB to be able to make interceptions, the only CB to have a faster turn around time in the combine than Carlos was Deon.

This tell us that the Bly deal isn't going to happen.

I disagree. Why because Fischer was brought in before or during the trade talks with Denver. He would play backup to Smoot or Rodgers if one of them was injured. He would also server as the nickle back as long as they stay healthy. He could also be the backup for either one in case they were injured. Many things to think about.

he is!!!!! and its AWESOME, hes working out with Deion Sanders and Darrell Green, if he actually listens and learns something. Carlos Rogers should come back very good this season

I cant wait to see if he shows drastic improvement. I mean, he wasnt a bad corner before the tutoring, but added to the skills he already had...I cant wait to see if it actually will pay off.

If this is true, here's a little Insider info. He's listed at 5'10" 190 lbs.

Grade 62

Expert's Take:

Shows good footwork and closing speed, changes directions quickly and has good short-area man-to-man skills but is fundamentally flawed. Plays on special teams as the vise on punt returns. Has good foot quickness and speed. Fits the mold of a true cover cornerback. Shows good reaction and transition to plays in the passing game, but is not looking to make the hit. Anticipates well in zone. Shows foot speed and quickness in man-to-man and zone coverage. An undersized defender who does not play very physically. Does not pose a threat in run support. Struggles to get off of blockers in the run game due to lack of toughness and aggression in his play. Due to his lack of physical play, he often loses the jump-ball battles. Won't compete for jump balls and has trouble against bigger receivers. Lacks recovery speed. Best suited as a nickel back despite his starting for the St. Louis Rams. Needs to improve his physical play to be a solid and consistent starter in the NFL.

Based on that description, I wouldn't be writing Springs off yet. Sounds like him and Smoot may be fighting it out to see who's #3 on the depth chart.

Archived