Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shaun Suisham...Long Term Kicker?

SkinsNoles21

i never understood why we're not looking into Vanderjagt. somebody's going to give him a second chance & he's going to prove his mettle, watch. it's just a confidence thing in crunchtime. he'll figure it out for somebody & everybody else will rue the day. it's hard to go wrong with the most accurate ever, especially when choosing between him & some nobody who's trying to prove himself. I say bring him in cheap & let them compete.

Good luck with him. He missed a fair amount of kicks in Dallas. Every field goal I was sitting on edge hoping he would make it.

and did he? yes, he did.

here's another thing that i always look for in a kicker: when they make the kick, how well are they really "making" it? are they wobbling like a shot duck three feet in from the post (see Hall), or are they floating powerfully up and down through the center portion of the uprights (see Suisham)? this tells me he's on his game, and hitting the sweet spot, so to speak.

David Akers' kicks look like that.

i never understood why we're not looking into Vanderjagt. somebody's going to give him a second chance & he's going to prove his mettle, watch. it's just a confidence thing in crunchtime. he'll figure it out for somebody & everybody else will rue the day. it's hard to go wrong with the most accurate ever, especially when choosing between him & some nobody who's trying to prove himself. I say bring him in cheap & let them compete.

The idiot kicker is not going to be given a chance here not because he has missed some kicks recently but because he would be a distraction to the team.

I know nothing about the guy. Last season my area stopped airing all Redskins games and the sad part about that is I am only 1 /12 hour drive away from D.C. But I still coultn't get channell 5, and 45 would never air it, and thanks to the Ravens CBS decided to never air the Redskins in my county. The only way I got to see a game the second half of the season is when they were on NFL Network thanks to my Dish Network. Which by the way, Dish Network took away all my D.C. stations. :mad:

and did he? yes, he did.

here's another thing that i always look for in a kicker: when they make the kick, how well are they really "making" it? are they wobbling like a shot duck three feet in from the post (see Hall), or are they floating powerfully up and down through the center portion of the uprights (see Suisham)? this tells me he's on his game, and hitting the sweet spot, so to speak.

David Akers' kicks look like that.

Yep, Suishams kicks for us were powerful, and accurate. His 52 yarder against the Rams was dead center and had more than enough distance. Suisham without a doubt has the potential to be our kicker for a long time.

I know nothing about the guy. Last season my area stopped airing all Redskins games and the sad part about that is I am only 1 /12 hour drive away from D.C. But I still coultn't get channell 5, and 45 would never air it, and thanks to the Ravens CBS decided to never air the Redskins in my county. The only way I got to see a game the second half of the season is when they were on NFL Network thanks to my Dish Network. Which by the way, Dish Network took away all my D.C. stations. :mad:

CBS airs afc games...fox airs nfc games.

So unless we are playing an afc team you arent going to see the skins on cbs...

I don't think Suisham is the long term answer. There are a lot of good kickers coming out of college this year. Bring on the competition and let's see.

Let's let him loose the job on his own. no need to create a controversy. Give this guy a chance. he hasn't let anyone down yet.

I agree with the above poster. Not only has he proven reliable on field goals and pat's, but he's able to boom the kickoff high AND deep, which is something we haven't seen in a while. Coupled with Frost as an emergency backup in case of injury and I think we have a good kicking tandem.

Let the coaches just work on form with one kicker. Until he's injured or proves otherwise (like missing 4 out of 5 inside the 30), I say make him comfortable.

I really liked nick novak, but he let me down. I NEVER liked Hall, hes awful-- suisham might be the guy, we have to wait-- but i think the difference between a stable kicker and a stable quarterback is that a qb with a bad season can rebound, a bad kicker is out after a year

Suisham has a long way to go to prove to be a long term NFL kicker. Not saying he won't be or that he can't be soon, just sayin.

I agree 100%. Kickers get on hot streaks and no doubt that Suisham was on one at the end of last year. I want to see how he reacts under real pressure and not when the season is basically over.

I know that the season being over was not his fault but kicking is such a mental game. I think that 8 for 8 gave is giving me some hope for this year but I am going to be hopefully optimistic.

Archived