Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Shefter:Betts for Bly

Genghis Khan

Email I received from JLC asking if he'd heard anything about the Betts for Bly Adam Shefter talk. K

JLC responded: that's not exactly what he said, i don't think. Like I've written, the Broncos and Jets have tried to get Betts, but were told no. Broncos might ask for him again, but the Skins want extra draft picks, too, I did hear tonight that even after signing Henry the Broncos still really like Betts, but I don't see this happening without more picks involved, but who knows.

Email I received from JLC asking if he'd heard anything about the Betts for Bly Adam Shefter talk. K

JLC responded: that's not exactly what he said, i don't think. Like I've written, the Broncos and Jets have tried to get Betts, but were told no. Broncos might ask for him again, but the Skins want extra draft picks, too, I did hear tonight that even after signing Henry the Broncos still really like Betts, but I don't see this happening without more picks involved, but who knows.

Maybe we end up with Henry.... this could get wild. Im speculating though.... :doh:

Betts and Springs for Bly, Henry, and Denvers 2nd.

ladells betts is worth 2 1st's in denver...he would make the probowl for years to come...

Now I don't think he is worth that much. Although I think the Bears are dumb for making the trade, Thomas Jones, who has run for over 3500 yards and 22 TDs in the last three years, was just traded along with a second round pick for a higher second round pick.

Betts is a year younger and did play great last year, but I would rather have Jones and he just helped the Bears move up in the second round. It is a buyers market for RBs.

What the heck do we need Bly for? Unless we plan on cutting Springs, we shouldn't even be looking at Bly. I agree with the notion that he's an older, and more expensive version of Smoot, and wouldn't be what we'd need in order to replace Springs.

Plus it'd make our organization look HORRIBLE to simply trade away a player that took a smaller contract to stay as a REDSKIN!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllloooooooooo!!!!! We Are A "pounding Team!!!!" Why Would You Trade A Good North To South Runner, Support Betts As A Redskins! Clinton Has Bad Shoulders, He Can Not Go Through A Whole Season Again Taking All Of The Hits.

I smell a promotion for Rock, and more of a work load for Sellers as well.

Sorry guys, you"ll have to forgive my.... premature speculation. :doh: :D

Ok, everybody knows Springs will not be playing the whole next season. he will most likely get hurt. I love betts and his contract is good, but he did cost us three games last season. So what other than betts cost us the rest. Weak secondary. We have good rbs, betts better than others. Smoot Bly Rogers taylor prioleau. Then we trade down get okeye(sp) and a guard in the second or third. But you know we will give away next years draft for a second.

Move on up Memo!!

Betts took far less money to resign with us than what he could have made in the open market. It would be absolutely foolish for us to trade him, just for the sake of our imagine in and around Redskin Park. No player will ever trust us again.

Yeah this has no basis of fact. Denver already has filled their need at RB and Bly for Springs would make the most sense and I'm not even sure I'd do that without them forking over extra draft choices.

And like it was said, we can't stab a guy who took a hometown discount to be our backup in the back. He's a Redskin, Gibbs loves him and would never let him be traded.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllloooooooooo!!!!! We Are A "pounding Team!!!!" Why Would You Trade A Good North To South Runner, Support Betts As A Redskins! Clinton Has Bad Shoulders, He Can Not Go Through A Whole Season Again Taking All Of The Hits.

unless you pick up a good cover corner in Bly and plan on drafting Betts replacment in Adrian Peterson. Betts had a good 5 games to end the season but he had plenty of oppurtunities before then to impress and wasnt able to do much.

NO

resigning betts showed we take care of our own. It looks horrible to resign someone and then trade them. Besides, we need Betts more than we need Bly.

Betts will never be worth more on the market(to the Redskins at least), then he is right now. Selling now would be the most profitable thing for us to do. Moral... well now, you're gonna have to take that up with someone else.

Im actually all for this as long as the compensation is right. We need a draft pick as well for this to come out ok. Nothing lower then a third really. I like Betts, but if we can come out on top in this trade, then he's gonna have to be a sacrifice for the better of the team. We can get another runningback. We have other capable runningbacks. I think Rock can produce what Betts produced last year for us, only with less fumbles. :2cents:

Archived